Where to learn asp.net language

sanjayramasamy

Post by sanjayramasamy »

can someone suggest me the best website to learn asp .net online, i don't know where to start and where to finish my course.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I suggest that you try using your search engine (Google, Bing, or the like ) and searching for "ASP programming", or something of that nature.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
sanjayramasamy

Post by sanjayramasamy »

thanks. I already tried it but i didn't get clear ideas about asp.net language. as a html developer few of clients need to develop their website in asp language that's what i facing the problem.
Týr

Post by Týr »

The language used inside an asp.net framework is the choice of the developer, so long as Microsoft has built in support for it. You can program your server-side code inside asp.net in Visual Basic, C#, or any other standard Microsoft Studio language. The asp.net framework might then generate unreadable client-side code in, say, Javascript but you never get to read or modify that yourself. That's the other side of the client-server communication which will give you a stateful protocol, for example, or and automated AJAX exchange process.

I doubt whether many people would go near it outside of a commercial setting. For a start you need significant Microsoft licensing to create the infrastructure and, as you point out, the learning curve is considerable.

Any of the mainstream computer textbook companies will have a recent single volume which will get you trained in asp.net - I'd go that way rather than looking for piecemeal Internet tutorials. If you're on an educational course I'd have thought the course leader would be the best person to ask when selecting the right one.

You could try Programming ASP.NET MVC 4: Developing Real-World Web Applications with ASP.NET MVC by Jess Chadwick, Todd Snyder and Hrusikesh Panda (6 Oct 2012), published by O'Reilly. There's also a four hour tutorial video by the book's main author, Jess Chadwick, at lynda.com which would be a good alternative place to start, but if it were me I'd like the book beside me too.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
sanjayramasamy

Post by sanjayramasamy »

Thanks for your reference

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”