Pitcher plant problem

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
TalSlavisnki

Pitcher plant problem

Post by TalSlavisnki »

The pitchers on my pitcher plant is dying (turning dark), however the leaves appear, is my plant alright?

I simply got it a week prior and its a little one. The pitchers are small to the point that I don't think they're truly utilitarian yet
[Link Removed by Moderator]
Oscar Namechange

Pitcher plant problem

Post by Oscar Namechange »

TalSlavisnki;1453165 wrote: The pitchers on my pitcher plant is dying (turning dark), however the leaves appear, is my plant alright?

I simply got it a week prior and its a little one. The pitchers are small to the point that I don't think they're truly utilitarian yet I'm sorry I can't be of much help as I have tried with these types of plants and failed here In England. yet, I remember when I asked why mine had failed, I was told that Ideally they need to be be planted alongside a pond. I can't be of any help but this link might. Yet, my Initial feeling Is they are not getting enough water and humidity.

How to Grow Pitcher Plants: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Guppers

Pitcher plant problem

Post by Guppers »

I have one I've been growing a few years. Mine likes heat, shade and humidity. Have to keep water in the cups. And keep the pot of dirt damp. Don't let it dry out...it also won't survive a hard freeze. Protect that baby from the cold.

Return to “Gardening Forum”