I'm moving house

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

And the proverbial has already hit the fan, why doesn't anything go smoothly?

packed sealed taped and stacked 12 boxes of my books. Woohoo that's done!!!!

well not quite. :thinking:

after that was done I needed a rest so I sat at the kitchen table and began opening my mail.

~*Council letter referring to a late library book*~

I turn back around to look at the boxes

(Please cover your ears if you are easily offended by expletives)

$&%*^&#^$&%*@@*%&$#@!!!!*%&$*#(!&#^^#(%#@*$()_^$^#*^%$(&$%$@#%&$@$&$%(%^&(^%(^%$#$@#@&$#*^%$(%^(
Lady J

I'm moving house

Post by Lady J »

Murphy's Law!!!!!:-5
Bruv

I'm moving house

Post by Bruv »

Chill out a bit girl.

What are they going to do hang you ?

Make it a priority when you arrive at the next place, pop it in the post if it's too far.

Most 'Problems' are self induced, on a scale of one to ten this is a minus score............don't sweat the small stuff.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

I'm moving house

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bummer :wah::wah:

Having had a few house moves over the years. I've learnt the hard way to have a seperate box clearly labelled that contains the kettle, milk, tea etc and to keep the cat In prior to moving.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm determined this time round not to leave behind the kitchen clock.........I don't know why I always do that.

At least it's a gradual move I have to get rid of so much stuff.
Bryn Mawr

I'm moving house

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1451049 wrote: And the proverbial has already hit the fan, why doesn't anything go smoothly?

packed sealed taped and stacked 12 boxes of my books. Woohoo that's done!!!!

well not quite. :thinking:

after that was done I needed a rest so I sat at the kitchen table and began opening my mail.

I turn back around to look at the boxes

(Please cover your ears if you are easily offended by expletives)

$&%*^&#^$&%*@@*%&$#@!!!!*%&$*#(!&#^^#(%#@*$()_^$^#*^%$(&$%$@#%&$@$&$%(%^&(^%(^%$#$@#@&$#*^%$(%^(

You did, of course, remember exactly which box you'd packed that particular book into :-)

How long did it take you?
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

No, and no I haven't, it can wait. I'm hoping I didn't put the book in the book case ......but knowing my luck. If I systematically work out how i put the books in the boxes it will be within the first three. I just have to remember where I stacked the first three.

It's 25 years of "stuff" I have to get rid of a lot of it. I don't need the boat or the paddock bomb or the machinery in the garage etc.

I've taken a break from it. Just waiting for the sun to rise and I'm off to go boat fishing.
Bruv

I'm moving house

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1451087 wrote: I don't need the boat or the paddock bomb or the machinery in the garage etc.

I've taken a break from it. Just waiting for the sun to rise and I'm off to go boat fishing.

You might need the boat if you are going 'boat fishing'..................whats a paddock bomb?
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

an unregistered car usually that you use on the farm in the paddocks. It's how my boys learnt to drive at a very young age.
Bruv

I'm moving house

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1451360 wrote: an unregistered car usually that you use on the farm in the paddocks. It's how my boys learnt to drive at a very young age.

Ah ha......you Australians enriching the English language........flip flops.......technicolour yawn.....ripper.....luv it.
kayleneaussie

I'm moving house

Post by kayleneaussie »

so where you moving to Fuzzy:thinking:
FOC THREAD PART 1
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Mcloughlins beach .
Bruv

I'm moving house

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1451483 wrote: Mcloughlins beach .

Bit flat there ennit?......and dry?
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1451049 wrote: ..... packed sealed taped and stacked 12 boxes of my books. ..... after that was done I needed a rest so I sat at the kitchen table and began opening my mail.

'Scuse I for asking but don't you have an e-post service at the lending library? When my books have but 3 days left the library send a notice to either return the books within 3 days - or renew the loan.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

High Threshold;1452012 wrote: 'Scuse I for asking but don't you have an e-post service at the lending library? When my books have but 3 days left the library send a notice to either return the books within 3 days - or renew the loan.

Umm no
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bruv;1451487 wrote: Bit flat there ennit?......and dry?

I'd say it's pretty wet actually . But the move has been put off anyway. I'm living in a half packed house for a couple more months
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1452672 wrote: Umm no

You wouldn't be from Pilbara would you?
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

nope, three hundred km's east of Melbourne. In the sticks. I'm lucky to have internet at all. What is this e-post witchcraft that you speak of?

Oh and just heads up I had to unpack four boxes. (I packed the phone book as well and needed it)
Bruv

I'm moving house

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1452673 wrote: I'd say it's pretty wet actually . But the move has been put off anyway. I'm living in a half packed house for a couple more months

Not from the Google street view I saw, mind it could have been the dry season.

Nice to see you anyway.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Of course it's nice to see me. It's always nice to see me . Fortunately for you guys you've never seen me lol I'm not moving very far from the house I live in now, not sure how I'm going to go with houses around me though.
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1452678 wrote: What is this e-post witchcraft that you speak of?

It's similar to pigeons ...... able to convey written messages through the air without the need of wires.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So I just need a pigeon then? Okey dokey.
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1452949 wrote: So I just need a pigeon then?

No, you'll need two. One to "send" and another one to "download".
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

High Threshold;1452958 wrote: No, you'll need two. One to "send" and another one to "download".

See I knew it would get complicated. I'm a technophobe you know!!!!!
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1452982 wrote: ..... I'm a technophobe ... !!!!!

I'm a .... ah ... what do you call someone who gets weak and falls to pieces as soon as he's asked to fill in a form? That's me.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

God I know what you mean. I've had to fill out a form for a heavy bus endorsement .............It's 32 pages long. and surprisingly, not one question about my mothers maiden name.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I just had a thought. if you have two pigeons and they breed and the fledglings go out all over the world sending and downloading .......would I be accused of spamming?
LarsMac

I'm moving house

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1453008 wrote: I just had a thought. if you have two pigeons and they breed and the fledglings go out all over the world sending and downloading .......would I be accused of spamming?

Pigeon Spamming!! I believe that is a capital offense in some countries.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

well today is the day . I move on, no turning back now .

My son who is sharing a house with his girlfriend are coming to take all my furniture. I got a phone call last night from two very excited young people. (the ex is moving from that house and they are taking the lease over from him ) they're in the big time now!!!! Hit's going to hit them like a brick.

by the end of the weekend they'll have their own house set up . They get everything, and won't have to buy a thing . Even food. I don't need any of it so at least they wont starve for a bit.

I think I'm excited for them . Now all I have to do is go clean the property up and I'm outta there and my new life at the beach :)
Bruv

I'm moving house

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1455243 wrote: ........................... I'm outta there and my new life at the beach :)

Your going to be a beach bum?
G#Gill

I'm moving house

Post by G#Gill »

Hey, Fuzzy, will you be able to get online at the beach ? I see you won't be far from 90 mile Beach - There is a series of Coast Australia on TV in the UK at the moment and last weeks episode explored 90 mile Beach and went on to Melbourne. Fascinating series, and wow what a beach and not a soul on it either !!!! Beats Blackpool, England ! :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I live near Mcgaurans beach that's also on the ninety mile I'm not moving very far lol . but you're right the number of times I have a whole beach to myself as far as the eye can see is a little daunting. when wonderwendy came out to stay she couldn't believe it. I have heard people say "forget it the beach is packed" and move on to another . "the beach is packed" here means up to ten people are on it".............aren't we spoilt little brats? White sands that squeak when you walk on it.

I'm moving to mcloughlins beach which is a little town on an inlet. Which is also on ninety mile. It will never cease to amaze me how tourists ask, "So what's it's expanse? how long is it really?". I've given up looking at them weird. New Zealand has a ninety mile beach too. I grew up in Melbourne . If they haven't done the west of the state yet, WATCH IT!!! you'll be entranced. The great ocean road will knock your socks off it's simply beautiful.

Ahh what the heck just keep watching it ....You'll see more of Australia than I ever have .

I love that show 'Coast'!!! I lurve his accent. Hasn't shown here yet. well not on free to air TV
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bruv;1455244 wrote: Your going to be a beach bum?

Mate i've been a beach bum for years . Surf fishing is my thing. Oh I haven't shared those pics here have I .
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

sometimes I get up before dawn and go fishing a the beach. This is how I say good morning on FB sometimes. No matter the weather.

this is looking out from the inlet toward the sand dunes of the breakers .

got absolutely drenched this particular morning ...but fishing is fishing.

High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1455243 wrote: well today is the day . I move on, no turning back now ........ I think I'm excited for them . Now all I have to do is go clean the property up and I'm outta there and my new life at the beach :)

Life really is a wonderful thing, isn't it! :-6
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

Don’t know if it’s still there but there was a Hostel at Pittwater back in the early 80’s. The only way to get there was by boat, which was nice, but the upright exhaust (which ran right through the middle of the seating arrangement) burned a hole in my lady’s rucksack. Next morning made the trip worth a dozen holes, however! Lots of swamp wallabies all over the place!

Then there was this bugger, who I snapped. He wanted to get at my breakfast grub, and being an idiot, and naïve, I put a scrap of bacon onto the palm of my hand to give him a taste of it. But its beak was wider and sharper than I had anticipated - and I still have the scar to prove it.

Attached files
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

wow!!! it could have mauled you to death . lol
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1455264 wrote: wow!!! it could have mauled you to death . lol

:wah::wah::wah:

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the actual moving as I am enjoying hearing about it. :-6
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm not enjoying moving actually ....who the hell enjoys moving? lol

My son came and took all he needed to this weekend. Put the mattresses on the back of a trailer tarped it , tied it down ..................just as the first spits of rain started. That sounds like a win doesn't it? But now he has to drive 300 kms in rain ...those mattresses are going to be so soaked . but Zoe is happy she has absolutely everything for her kitchen. And the dryer and washing machine was a bonus for them. they'll be back next week for more non essential items .

I love it when a plan comes together. :)
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1455382 wrote: I'm not enjoying moving actually ....who the hell enjoys moving? lol

Oh come on now. You know the thrill of starting a-fresh. Having a look round the neighbourhood, seeing what's there and how to move about. I'm longing, myself. Our first big chance gone bust just as we were about to sign on the dotted line - another one last week that backed out - now nothing at all, but we keep looking and hoping.

fuzzywuzzy;1455382 wrote: Put the mattresses on the back of a trailer tarped it , tied it down ..................just as the first spits of rain started ...... those mattresses are going to be so soaked.

Take them straight to the rubbish heap. Once soaked I don't believe they can ever be dried out again. Mildew, mold and squish.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

never had that problem. What kind of mattresses do you buy?

Oh you are in the process of? Oh i see your thrill now ...........nope it's not all cracked up to be that ...I've lived in this town before and lets face it it's just the belongings that have to moved I've been here since the beginning of May. it's a very slow move from an entire property to a little seaside town and house.......tedious in fact . I've sold off most of the machinary and the boat etc etc ...it's not exciting, just a drag.
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1455388 wrote: never had that problem.

Eh?

fuzzywuzzy;1455388 wrote: What kind of mattresses do you buy?

Any reply other than "water bed" would be relevant.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

i'm serious i've never had that problem...it would have to be soaked so much to be that bad. ........Oh you don't clean your mattresses? We don't live in the same climate remember. If that rule was to persist we'd never wash our clothes.........I worry about your doonas in your climate
High Threshold

I'm moving house

Post by High Threshold »

fuzzywuzzy;1455382 wrote: ...those mattresses are going to be so soaked .

Hmmmmmm ........

fuzzywuzzy;1455392 wrote: i'm serious i've never had that problem ... it would have to be soaked so much to be that bad. ........

English isn't my first language, it's true, but I'm willing to go out on a limb just this once. "Soaked" means well ...... soaked. Doesn't it?
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ahhh I see. I was overstating the obvious ............... it turned out they only had a shower or two so it was okay in the end.
Bryn Mawr

I'm moving house

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1455243 wrote: well today is the day . I move on, no turning back now .

My son who is sharing a house with his girlfriend are coming to take all my furniture. I got a phone call last night from two very excited young people. (the ex is moving from that house and they are taking the lease over from him ) they're in the big time now!!!! Hit's going to hit them like a brick.

by the end of the weekend they'll have their own house set up . They get everything, and won't have to buy a thing . Even food. I don't need any of it so at least they wont starve for a bit.

I think I'm excited for them . Now all I have to do is go clean the property up and I'm outta there and my new life at the beach :)

Sorry I missed it, how did it go?

Sounds like the kids have it easy these days - spoilt rotten :-)

Hope everything turned out well and you're now settled in happily.
fuzzywuzzy

I'm moving house

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bryn Mawr;1455526 wrote: Sorry I missed it, how did it go?

Sounds like the kids have it easy these days - spoilt rotten :-)

Hope everything turned out well and you're now settled in happily.

No not really Bryn ..not spoilt ....just good timing .

So far so good. :)
Bryn Mawr

I'm moving house

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1455620 wrote: No not really Bryn ..not spoilt ....just good timing .

So far so good. :)

I know, just kidding :-)

Hope you settle in soon
magentaflame

I'm moving house

Post by magentaflame »

Well didn't this thread bring back some memories. Funny how life goes eh?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
minks

I'm moving house

Post by minks »

lol lots of threads here bring back some "memories" don't they
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Members' News”