So much pain

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Have any of you ever had anything like this ?

It started last Friday with the first of 4 dentist appointments. First of all to remove some back teeth that were giving me a problem.

The first one's came out fine but the last was an ordeal to get out. In fact I heard part of It ping across the room. It broke In two and he had to dig It out. When he finally got the last bit out, the tip of the root was missing, still embedded In there. To be fair, I never felt a thing thanks to the Injections I swore were going to come out of my nose. Now, they did hurt.

The dentist hoped the missing part of the root would work It's way out but no.

I'm quite Irked at the fact that I take my dental hygiene quite seriously and did everything I was told to do such as salt water rinses every four hours.

The holes were healing nicely all except for the difficult tooth and the pain started a couple of days later.

It's Inflamed and Infected and the dentist has put me on super anti-biotics today.

Usually I am one of those people who don't bother the Doctor unless I'm on my deathbed but even my husbands super strength pain relief was not even touching the sides.

Awake all night every hour on the hour. Can't sleep, eat, even speak proper. The pain Is all along my jaw, In my ear and my head.

So my wonderful GP has prescribed me Tramadol.

Dear God, how do other people cope with this?

Oh and the best bit, If It's the missing part of the root that's caused the Infection, I'm off to Dentist hospital next week to have It cut out.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

So much pain

Post by Bruv »

I have every sympathy, tooth pain is possibly one of the worst.

I have had teeth out with no problem and then as the anesthetic wears off...............hell, worse than the original toothache.

My worse ever pain was a back pain, I lifted a bag to load it into an over head hopper, something hurt badly.

I broke out into an all over body sweat, excruciating pain across my lower back and legs.

I walked around, sat down, stretched, nearly cried, took about 15-20 minutes just trying to ease it by walking and sitting.

Went to my Boss and said I had to go home, he said his wife would drive me home, he could see the state I was in.

Got out of the car, walked into my house and everything was OK, no pain no sign of any aches soreness...... nothing.

Walked back to work and carried on working never felt another twinge.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Chloe_88

So much pain

Post by Chloe_88 »

Jikes! That sounds terrible Oscar! I hope you feel better soon!

I have never experienced anything to that extent regarding teeth, but one of the most scary things was when I was about six..

I remember it like it was yesterday.. During a super cold winter, my friend and I wanted to go skating just a few meters outfront our house on the little canal thingy.. I was already on the ice sitting at the bottom of the bank yelling for my friend to hurry it up, when she dropped her skate.. It went flying down the bank and it stabbed me just under the eye.. I remember not being able to see out of that eye whilst running home to mum. I was lucky, a bit of a cut and big bruises just underneath my eye.. it had just missed the important bit :wah:

I had a big red dot for a scar under my eye for years. It has faded away in recent years though.
G#Gill

So much pain

Post by G#Gill »

Bruv;1451636 wrote: I have every sympathy, tooth pain is possibly one of the worst.

I have had teeth out with no problem and then as the anesthetic wears off...............hell, worse than the original toothache.

My worse ever pain was a back pain, I lifted a bag to load it into an over head hopper, something hurt badly.

I broke out into an all over body sweat, excruciating pain across my lower back and legs.

I walked around, sat down, stretched, nearly cried, took about 15-20 minutes just trying to ease it by walking and sitting.

Went to my Boss and said I had to go home, he said his wife would drive me home, he could see the state I was in.

Got out of the car, walked into my house and everything was OK, no pain no sign of any aches soreness...... nothing.

Walked back to work and carried on working never felt another twinge.

Sounds like you trapped a nerve in your spine and the act of sitting in the car then carefully getting out must have been just enough to spread the bones in your spine to release the nerve. Best take it steady for a while, you may find that the nerve could be trapped more easily now. Think before you lift stuff or twist round for any reason, and be careful. These sort of things can happen when a person gets to over 90 years of age ! :wah:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
AnneBoleyn

So much pain

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I hate hearing of your pain oscar. Hope it goes away forever.
Bruv

So much pain

Post by Bruv »

G#Gill;1451645 wrote: Sounds like you trapped a nerve in your spine and the act of sitting in the car then carefully getting out must have been just enough to spread the bones in your spine to release the nerve. Best take it steady for a while, you may find that the nerve could be trapped more easily now. Think before you lift stuff or twist round for any reason, and be careful. These sort of things can happen when a person gets to over 90 years of age ! :wah:

It was about 10-15 years ago, when I was only 75-80 (Cheeky mare)

I have had a bad back, strange enough I can work through with it, sitting or bending wrong starts it off.
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

AnneBoleyn;1451650 wrote: I hate hearing of your pain oscar. Hope it goes away forever. Thanks Anne...

I got my Tramadol tonight and my Doctor also gave me something called Naproxen to take together. At least I managed to eat tonight. Hopefully, the anti-biotics will kick In over the next few days.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

Oh Oscar I'm so sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope the medications work and you are feeling better very soon. (((((HUG)))))
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Hope6;1451656 wrote: Oh Oscar I'm so sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope the medications work and you are feeling better very soon. (((((HUG)))))

Thanks Hope.... might be able to sleep tonight also as the Tramadol have made me a bit sleepy and woozy. I never want this again and wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Patsy Warnick

So much pain

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

the antibiotics should give you a huge relief.

Get a good nights sleep tonight

I wish you well

Patsy
Bruv

So much pain

Post by Bruv »

I recommend Tramadol, during my short stay in Hospital I had my best nights after Tramadol.

Hope you sleep well, everything is better after a good nights sleep.
Wandrin

So much pain

Post by Wandrin »

I hope you feel better soon.
Lady J

So much pain

Post by Lady J »

McOscar;1451633 wrote: Have any of you ever had anything like this ?

It started last Friday with the first of 4 dentist appointments. First of all to remove some back teeth that were giving me a problem.

The first one's came out fine but the last was an ordeal to get out. In fact I heard part of It ping across the room. It broke In two and he had to dig It out. When he finally got the last bit out, the tip of the root was missing, still embedded In there. To be fair, I never felt a thing thanks to the Injections I swore were going to come out of my nose. Now, they did hurt.

The dentist hoped the missing part of the root would work It's way out but no.

I'm quite Irked at the fact that I take my dental hygiene quite seriously and did everything I was told to do such as salt water rinses every four hours.

The holes were healing nicely all except for the difficult tooth and the pain started a couple of days later.

It's Inflamed and Infected and the dentist has put me on super anti-biotics today.

Usually I am one of those people who don't bother the Doctor unless I'm on my deathbed but even my husbands super strength pain relief was not even touching the sides.

Awake all night every hour on the hour. Can't sleep, eat, even speak proper. The pain Is all along my jaw, In my ear and my head.

So my wonderful GP has prescribed me Tramadol.

Dear God, how do other people cope with this?

Oh and the best bit, If It's the missing part of the root that's caused the Infection, I'm off to Dentist hospital next week to have It cut out.

I can sympathize with you Oscar. Tooth pain and back pain rank the highest with me.:yh_cry

I am in the midst of an abscess in my upper gum and until today, since Monday; I have not been able to eat solid food and now it has to be in small bites. The antibiotics do seem to be helping and the Vicoprofen was good for an hour at a time. I look like a chipmunk on the left side of my face! :wah: I go in on Wednesday for oral surgery. This method does work as a diet as well!

:yh_rotfl

So I wish you a speedy recovery Oscar! You sound much worse off then Moi but that does not mean I can not relate.
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Lady J, I hear you !!! I hope you also feel some relief very soon. I know exactly what you mean about taking small bites of food.

Well, things are not much better. I slept last night for about two hours each time but at least I can say that the pain Is dramatically dulled by the pain relief the Doctor gave me.

The really weird part Is that there Is no tooth there to ache. It's all In my upper gum, along my jaw, In my ear and headache. Just throb, throb, throb.

So much pain

Post by 911 »

I hope you're much better now, Oscar. It sounds like a dry socket to me.

Good luck with the remaining toothpiecerootthingy!
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

911;1451981 wrote: I hope you're much better now, Oscar. It sounds like a dry socket to me.

Good luck with the remaining toothpiecerootthingy! Thank you

Sadly, Lady J and myself are still suffering.

I'm off to the Denistry Hospital after the Easter Holday to have the gum scrapped out and hopefully find the missing part of the root.

So much pain

Post by 911 »

Oh, so sorry.:(

Stick to the boiled eggs and potato salad--soft stuff for Easter dinner
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

Oscar I've been thinking about you so I came by this thread to see if you were feeling any better. I'm so sorry to hear you're still having trouble. I hope you find relief very soon.
High Threshold

So much pain

Post by High Threshold »

McOscar;1451633 wrote: ..... If It's the missing part of the root that's caused the Infection, I'm off to Dentist hospital next week to have It cut out.

Count on it.

Worst I had was a dentist that probably had no license to begin with. He certainly could boast though about how good he was - a sure sign that something was up. It was his job to perform a root canal. He pumped me full of injections that were meant to eliminate the pain to come. No good. When he was "finished" he sent me home in dreadful pain and said to take two Alvedon and one Ipren whenever needed. Every two hours as it turned out. Back to him next morning and the whole process was repeated. Still no good. Another night with the 2 plus 1 tablets every other hour. The third day I rushed to the dentistry college that had a first-come, first-serve service. A couple of injections (that I didn't even feel) and an hour later I walk home, the root canal done and not the slightest pain. Well, not entirely true. It was excruciating pain paying for that blasted charlatan for TWO USELESS VISITS.
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

High Threshold;1452022 wrote: Count on it.

Worst I had was a dentist that probably had no license to begin with. He certainly could boast though about how good he was - a sure sign that something was up. It was his job to perform a root canal. He pumped me full of injections that were meant to eliminate the pain to come. No good. When he was "finished" he sent me home in dreadful pain and said to take two Alvedon and one Ipren whenever needed. Every two hours as it turned out. Back to him next morning and the whole process was repeated. Still no good. Another night with the 2 plus 1 tablets every other hour. The third day I rushed to the dentistry college that had a first-come, first-serve service. A couple of injections (that I didn't even feel) and an hour later I walk home, the root canal done and not the slightest pain. Well, not entirely true. It was excruciating pain paying for that blasted charlatan for TWO USELESS VISITS.

Thank you Hope and 911 for asking after me.

Highthreshold..... I feel for you. I had hours of root canal work some years ago and had sedation that put me right under so never felt a thing and It went like a dream. Unfortunately that Dentist moved on so I had to change. But at the moment, I am also taking pain relief every two hours and still not sleeping.

We seem to have rather a lot of Eastern European Dentists lately and my last was a Lithuanian young lady who looked about 14 years old. Under her, I suffered. I just don't think she had enough years experience under her belt. I changed again to my present dentist, a Romanian but he has many years under his belt. He's actually very good but I think this time, he just got a very awkward tooth with exceptionally long roots that were embedded In the jawbone. Not a lot he could do under the circumstances.
High Threshold

So much pain

Post by High Threshold »

McOscar;1452028 wrote: Thank you Hope and 911 for asking after me.

Highthreshold..... I feel for you. I had hours of root canal work some years ago and had sedation that put me right under so never felt a thing and It went like a dream. Unfortunately that Dentist moved on so I had to change. But at the moment, I am also taking pain relief every two hours and still not sleeping.

We seem to have rather a lot of Eastern European Dentists lately and my last was a Lithuanian young lady who looked about 14 years old. Under her, I suffered. I just don't think she had enough years experience under her belt. I changed again to my present dentist, a Romanian but he has many years under his belt. He's actually very good but I think this time, he just got a very awkward tooth with exceptionally long roots that were embedded In the jawbone. Not a lot he could do under the circumstances.

Well, there you go! My tormentor was a Russian from the Ukraine. Quite the dandy he was too, gold chain hanging round his neck and bragging about himself. He was very keen to tell me he had a much younger wife from Poland, and after the first visit he rang while I wasn't home and my wife had the impression he was trying to flirt with her. True enough, when I came the second day he felt obliged to tell me that my wife "sounded very nice" on the phone. The b'stard.

Dentists are like hairdressers and women. Once you've found a good one - stick with it.

Hang on till next week. But you do have competent emergency services don't you? I mean, just in case. :yh_star
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

High Threshold;1452038 wrote: Well, there you go! My tormentor was a Russian from the Ukraine. Quite the dandy he was too, gold chain hanging round his neck and bragging about himself. He was very keen to tell me he had a much younger wife from Poland, and after the first visit he rang while I wasn't home and my wife had the impression he was trying to flirt with her. True enough, when I came the second day he felt obliged to tell me that my wife "sounded very nice" on the phone. The b'stard.

Dentists are like hairdressers and women. Once you've found a good one - stick with it.

Hang on till next week. But you do have competent emergency services don't you? I mean, just in case. :yh_star

That's all you need eh? A Russian Del Boy !!!

By co-Incidence my neighbour has just been to hell and back with what he called the ' Butcher of Moscow' In another part of the city.

And you are right.... I'd drive 200 miles for a good dentist. This new one I have from Romania seems to be OK. Perfect gentleman and talks you through everything, I like that, no nasty surprises. You could see that he was genuinly upset and concerned for me about the Infection and pain I was In.
Lady J

So much pain

Post by Lady J »

I am lucky as I have found not only a good dentist but a practice that has all levels of dentistry under one roof; and amazing enuf they all talk with each other and consult on their patients! I had my procedure on Wednesday and with very little pain and other then trying to remember to chew on only the right side of my mouth I am doing ok! The stitches come out in about a week and a half.

Interesting they apply a "Band-Aid" by pressing a soft putty material to the gum and teeth and ask you don't drink anything hot for at least two hours. The material dries to a fairly hard covering and gives protection and a healing time to the surgical area.

Oscar I wish you the very best....I have been there and know how badly you feel. :yh_sad

I found that an ice pack on my cheek helped.

Lady J
High Threshold

So much pain

Post by High Threshold »

McOscar;1452042 wrote: .... I'd drive 200 miles for a good dentist. This new one I have from Romania seems to be OK. Perfect gentleman and talks you through everything, I like that, no nasty surprises. You could see that he was genuinly upset and concerned for me about the Infection and pain I was In.

Keep him! :yh_clap
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Lady J;1452058 wrote: I am lucky as I have found not only a good dentist but a practice that has all levels of dentistry under one roof; and amazing enuf they all talk with each other and consult on their patients! I had my procedure on Wednesday and with very little pain and other then trying to remember to chew on only the right side of my mouth I am doing ok! The stitches come out in about a week and a half.

Interesting they apply a "Band-Aid" by pressing a soft putty material to the gum and teeth and ask you don't drink anything hot for at least two hours. The material dries to a fairly hard covering and gives protection and a healing time to the surgical area.

Oscar I wish you the very best....I have been there and know how badly you feel. :yh_sad

I found that an ice pack on my cheek helped.

Lady J Best of wishes to you R...

I've found the Ice bags help.... that and good hard drugs.
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Saw the Dentist today.

Nope, X Rays show the missing part of the root Is trying to work It's way down but not quickly enough. More Anti-Biotics and Tramadol then next week more X Rays to see If It's moved any further down to the gum. If It has, he will be able to numb me up enough to cut It out. If not, off to Dentist hospital to have It removed and the area washed through.
High Threshold

So much pain

Post by High Threshold »

McOscar;1452239 wrote: ... X Rays show the missing part of the root Is trying to work It's way down but not quickly enough.

Have you tried striking your chin sharply on the table till the thing pops out on its own? LOL. :lips:
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

High Threshold;1452247 wrote: Have you tried striking your chin sharply on the table till the thing pops out on its own? LOL. :lips: Ironically, that's tempting right now..haha
High Threshold

So much pain

Post by High Threshold »

McOscar;1452250 wrote: Ironically, that's tempting right now..haha

Oh gosh, please forgive me ....... :yh_chickn
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

High Threshold;1452264 wrote: Oh gosh, please forgive me ....... :yh_chickn No worries... :wah:
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

Oscar I feel so much for you, I hope they get it straightened out quickly.
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Hope6;1452292 wrote: Oscar I feel so much for you, I hope they get it straightened out quickly. Aww Thanks Hope...So do I...
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

ummm Oscar honey you changed your name again? :)
Bruv

So much pain

Post by Bruv »

Hope6;1452301 wrote: ummm Oscar honey you changed your name again? :)

I think re-branded is the word.
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Hope6;1452301 wrote: ummm Oscar honey you changed your name again? :) It's Bruv's fault.
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

It's Bruv's fault really, owww what's he done?
Bruv

So much pain

Post by Bruv »

Hope6;1452307 wrote: It's Bruv's fault really, owww what's he done?

Been Bruv.........................I think.

Infamy.....infamy......................................they all have it infamy
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Hope6;1452307 wrote: It's Bruv's fault really, owww what's he done? He's confusing his mates.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/curre ... acked.html
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Bruv;1452308 wrote: Been Bruv.........................I think.

Infamy.....infamy......................................they all have it infamy Who's got It Inforyer ? Your mates?
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

I don't think everybody's got it in for you. :)
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

I'm confused by that story Oscar, but it may be because I don't know of the people it's talking about. :)
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Hope6;1452312 wrote: I'm confused by that story Oscar, but it may be because I don't know of the people it's talking about. :) Bruv's confused and he posted It. :wah:
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Lady J

So much pain

Post by Lady J »

High Threshold;1452247 wrote: Have you tried striking your chin sharply on the table till the thing pops out on its own? LOL. :lips:

OUCH!!!! That feels painful!

Sorry to hear of your wait Oscar..... I know I am growing impatience in getting the stitches out....tired of eating on one side of my mouth and now having discomfort when I do eat! so I can imagine how YOU must feel. :(

Sending some healing vibes your way.
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

Any news today Oscar, how are things going honey?
Oscar Namechange

So much pain

Hope6;1452428 wrote: Any news today Oscar, how are things going honey? Thanks for asking Hope.

Just got back from a pre-op check at the Dental Hospital today. Booked In for Friday to have the gum cut open, root removed and re-stitched. Given more super anti-biotics today and pain relief. They assure me the worst will be over Friday.
Bruv

So much pain

Post by Bruv »

Nice to hear, it will all be over soon.
Hope6

So much pain

Post by Hope6 »

I'm glad to hear there's a light at the end of the tunnel honey! :)
Wandrin

So much pain

Post by Wandrin »

I'm glad the pain will soon be a thing of the past.
Lady J

So much pain

Post by Lady J »

Oscar Mate;1452908 wrote:

Just got back from a pre-op check at the Dental Hospital today. Booked In for Friday to have the gum cut open, root removed and re-stitched. Given more super anti-biotics today and pain relief. They assure me the worst will be over Friday.

Best to you! I had my stitches removed today and all is good! Soon you will be saying the same. ;)

Return to “General Chit Chat”