Wonder what they thought...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Today, I am In the Vets with 16 year old boy dog Mulder.

The Vet asks me to get a urine sample from Mulder tonight and deliver It tomorrow morning.

I'm thinking, drat, that means another trip In the morning when I'm busy.

On leaving, the Vet hands me a sample jar ridiculously small, about the size of a pepper pot and a rubber glove.

As I leave, I think that If I can get Mulder to do a wee before I go, that'll save me a trip In the morning.

We're In a very busy street and Mulder will not wee on concrete. On the other side of the main road Into the city, there's a small strip of grass. I really have a sense of doom and failure at this point. Would he even want a wee and If he did, what direction would It go In as he has this neat trick of sometimes lifting his back legs up as he pee's.

He starts sniffing the grass and sizing up to pee. I have donned rubber gloce and am ready with my jar closely following him around.

Then.... Hurrah !!!!! He cocks his leg with a stream enough for me to bend down and put the jar underneath him. Success... I was so pleased that I punched the air.

It was 5 pm, rush hour traffic on the main road and cars sitting at the lights watching me.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I've done that at the vets, but they have a nice little grass area away from traffic.

I could imagine a driver seeing you do that and think that you were taking "pick up after your dog" to extremes. :D
Oscar Namechange

Wandrin;1451929 wrote: I've done that at the vets, but they have a nice little grass area away from traffic.

I could imagine a driver seeing you do that and think that you were taking "pick up after your dog" to extremes. :D It was the size of the pot I was given. I really thought there wasn't a cat In hell's chance of getting anything In there that's why I was so elated when I managed It.

What I didn't mention was that despite rubber glove, most of It went up my sleeve.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

McOscar;1451943 wrote: It was the size of the pot I was given. I really thought there wasn't a cat In hell's chance of getting anything In there that's why I was so elated when I managed It.

What I didn't mention was that despite rubber glove, most of It went up my sleeve.

The things we do for our dogs.... :)
Oscar Namechange

Wandrin;1451947 wrote: The things we do for our dogs.... :)

That's nothing.

Tonight I have to rub steroid cream Into his anal warts.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1451950 wrote:

Very true although I would not rub steroid cream Into my husbands anal warts should he ever have them. I'd get a nurse In.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

McOscar;1451952 wrote: Very true although I would not rub steroid cream Into my husbands anal warts should he ever have them. I'd get a nurse In.

I could do it for you..... if you let me look through your stamp collection.

Post by 911 »

The next time you have to collect urine, try using a frisbee. It's easier. You can even use one of those clampy things to hold the frisbee with. You know, those clamps you use to grab a can off a high shelf or something off the floor.

Course, I can't say you won'tl look any weirder running around with one of those!:wah:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Oscar Namechange

911;1451976 wrote: The next time you have to collect urine, try using a frisbee. It's easier. You can even use one of those clampy things to hold the frisbee with. You know, those clamps you use to grab a can off a high shelf or something off the floor.

Course, I can't say you won'tl look any weirder running around with one of those!:wah: That's a brilliant Idea !!!

Worth taking a frisbee with me next time he goes to the Vets just In case.

Thanks for that.

Post by 911 »

Anytime! Have fun, just don't throw it after you collect!:yh_rotfl
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Oscar Namechange

911;1451979 wrote: Anytime! Have fun, just don't throw it after you collect!:yh_rotfl :wah: :wah: :wah:
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

:wah:

I would have traded you! When I still lived at my parents house and we just rescued a dog (who is still with them), he had a fungal infection in his .... well you know....

It involved squirting the meds up his ..... and giving it a good rub..... :thinking:
Oscar Namechange

Chloe_88;1452169 wrote: :wah:

I would have traded you! When I still lived at my parents house and we just rescued a dog (who is still with them), he had a fungal infection in his .... well you know....

It involved squirting the meds up his ..... and giving it a good rub..... :thinking: If It happens again, give me a call. :yh_rotfl
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

McOscar;1452177 wrote: If It happens again, give me a call. :yh_rotfl

I shouldn't of said anything.. :wah:

Lets just say, I hope that problem never occurs again!
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

One of the most difficult things for me to teach my dog was to pee right here, right now. No dithering looking for just the right spot, no hesitation awaiting inspiration. I can't tell you how handy that is when on a long trip and we stop in a strange place while it is pouring rain outside.
Oscar Namechange

Wandrin;1452183 wrote: One of the most difficult things for me to teach my dog was to pee right here, right now. No dithering looking for just the right spot, no hesitation awaiting inspiration. I can't tell you how handy that is when on a long trip and we stop in a strange place while it is pouring rain outside.

It's a good thing. Mine sort of pee's to order but most of the time It's after a lot of sniffing the grass, finding the right spot, doing his lion Impersonation where he scrapes the ground for half an hour, cocking his leg, changing his mind, move around a bit, find another spot, sniff the grass, scrape some grass over his shoulder, go sniff other dogs poo, scrapes some grass over that, walks away and on It goes for about two hours.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Nice see the topics are up to a high standard as always

Return to “General Chit Chat”