RIP L'wren Scott.

jones jones

RIP L'wren Scott.

Post by jones jones »

Very sad about the death of fashion designer L'wren Scott who possibly hung herself in her Manhattan apartment.

As an aside ... Pictures of the 6'4" former model with her decade long Rolling Stones front man boyfriend, strangely brought home to me exactly what a skinny wimp Sir Michael Philip "Mick" Jagger actually is. At 5'10" he came across as her rather short, wrinkled and underfed grandpa!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Oscar Namechange

RIP L'wren Scott.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

jones jones;1450410 wrote: Very sad about the death of fashion designer L'wren Scott who possibly hung herself in her Manhattan apartment.

As an aside ... Pictures of the 6'4" former model with her decade long Rolling Stones front man boyfriend, strangely brought home to me exactly what a skinny wimp Sir Michael Philip "Mick" Jagger actually is. At 5'10" he came across as her rather short, wrinkled and underfed grandpa!
It's such a shame about L'Wren. Apparently It was financial difficulties and apparently, friends say she refused point blank to ask Jaggs for help.

Wimp ???

I met Mick Jagger albeit extremely briefly In August of 2006 backstage at the Cardiff Millenium Stadium. When I say extremely briefly, I mean just a nervous ' errr alright ? '

I have a male pal who was part of the road crew for that concert on The Bigger Bang Tour and he got me In backstage.

I was wearing 2 Inch heels that night so Yes, Jaggs was shorter than me but wimp ? No. He was extremely toned. Having said that, It was 8 years ago and Jaggs Is now 71 years old so of course he's going to be a little more jaded.

He gave me his shirt... a Cerise hand made Indian cotton shirt that girl size, I estimate It's a size 8, so yes, he's very slender. Kieth Richards gave me a small plastic bag full of plectrums with the Lips logo one side and Bigger Bang the other, complete with dirty fingerprints. Jaggs signed a card for me also to go with the shirt. It was all very brief, there were scores of other people waiting to talk to them. They didn't know me from Adam but were extremely friendly. I was so frightened :wah: I went home on a cloud... I had met Mick Jagger and had his shirt which now lies In my dressing table.

Yeah get down :guitarist
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jones jones

RIP L'wren Scott.

Post by jones jones »

You're extremely fortunate to have such items of Stones memorabilia Oscar. They must be quite valuable.

I still think that compared to when he's on stage, Sir Mick cuts a rather different figure in real life. Just my opinion and I'm a great fan of their music if not themselves.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

RIP L'wren Scott.

Post by LarsMac »

Perhaps part of her problem was that no matter what she did, it seems to always become all about Mick.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

RIP L'wren Scott.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

jones jones;1450430 wrote: You're extremely fortunate to have such items of Stones memorabilia Oscar. They must be quite valuable.

I still think that compared to when he's on stage, Sir Mick cuts a rather different figure in real life. Just my opinion and I'm a great fan of their music if not themselves.

I wouldn't part with them for the world JJ although I met a massive fan of The Stones who had travelled all the way from Australia to see them and we hooked up on Facebook. I did post her one of the plectrums.

Yes of course It's now all about Jaggs,,, any death however controversial from any walk of life Is about the one's left behind to pick up the pieces. She's now at peace. Jaggs Is not.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “General Music”