Africa ... Giant no Longer Slumbering.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Since the advent of democracy in South Africa some twenty odd years ago, millions of “refugees” & “asylum seekers” from the north have entered the country. In addition many millions of illegal immigrants have followed suit.

The vast majority are from Zimbabwe & Mozambique which are only a hop and a skip away, but many hundreds of thousands are also from Nigeria, Somalia, Ethiopia, Ivory Coast, Botswana, Malawi. Lesotho, Congo and even from as far afield as Syria.

I can’t speak for the whole of South Africa, but in the Nelson Mandela Bay area in which I currently reside, the Nigerians are mostly involved in drug dealing and prostitution. The Somalis open shops in black areas where their presence is tolerated until they increase the price of their merchandise or when they get involved in an altercation with the locals; then their shops are looted and burnt to the ground.

Mozambicans are into illegal mining, others operate illegal taxi services and without exception most of these so called refugees & asylum seekers own a motor vehicle … whether they are in possession of a legal drivers licence is a moot point; from the look of their motor cars which are covered in dents and scratches, I very much doubt it.

Most seem to be in possession of documentation which lists their status as “refugee” but it is estimated that perhaps 75% of these documents are either forgeries or have been obtained from the RSA Home Affairs Department via a bribe.

The largest and busiest crossing is situated at Beit Bridge on the border between South Africa & Zimbabwe. Here it is rumoured and I have no reason to doubt it, if you have paid the correct bribe, your South African identity book will be handed to you on the Zimbabwe side of the border.

At some time in the future, things like this take time to correct in Africa, the intake of immigrants to South Africa will reach saturation point. The country will simply be unable to absorb any more earthlings. In fact it will most like be the average black South African who will say “Enough is enough … No more “Kwera-Kwera.”

(Kwera-Kwera is the local way of describing these African immigrants and stems from the strange way in which they talk.)

And when this point is ultimately reached … and it must happen sooner rather than later, where will these refugees and asylum seekers turn? Why to the north of course … where else?

Several countries including Israel & Turkey have already began building or already built anti-immigration walls. To get into Israel today you have to virtually be 100% Jewish. Migrants have stormed into Spain’s North African territory of Mellilla which is now the new “gateway into Europe.”

Thanks to the European Union, Western Europe and Britain are already venerable and it will not take long before Africans look north for new homes and when they do, they are going to take a lot of stopping. Oh and did I mention the masses from the East who are slowly but surely moving westward?

Been longing to get to the USA but I may be on a good wicket where I am right now.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

At some point the people of Earth must figure out how to 'fix' the places all these people want to leave, so that they will stay and build a future for their grandchildren right where they are.

Not sure just how to go about that, but I think it will take a global freeze on emigration to do it.

If we took all of the money nations spend on military, (Like the nearly 800 Billion spent by the US) and spent it on providing potable water, and farming, and jobs in the places everyone wants to leave, perhaps it would be a start.

Of course the other part of that formula is finding a way to stop corruption and political repression.

It's a big project, and I realize that it ain't gonna be easy, but it's the only way Earth is going to get out of the barbaric age we find it in, now.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think there will be many gay Africans seeking & receiving political asylum from the West, & Western type countries (such as yours, JJ). They fit the bill of acceptance for refugees of political persecution.

P.S. "To get into Israel today you have to virtually be 100% Jewish."

The Evangelical Xians (at least the American ones) have no problem whatsoever, despite their proselytizing. They've been investing tons of money, property, tourism of Xians waiting for the "Return."
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1449408 wrote: I think there will be many gay Africans seeking & receiving political asylum from the West, & Western type countries (such as yours, JJ). They fit the bill of acceptance for refugees of political persecution.

P.S. "To get into Israel today you have to virtually be 100% Jewish."

The Evangelical Xians (at least the American ones) have no problem whatsoever, despite their proselytizing. They've been investing tons of money, property, tourism of Xians waiting for the "Return."

Tourism is one thing. Immigration, something altogether different.

I doubt many of those Xian tourists would get to stay.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

My fear is that, with the world's population at 8 billion, Mother Nature has a very effective way of dealing with animals that exceed their population limits.

Cases in point:

The Maclear's Rat:

Accidentally introduced to Christmas Island by explorers, the rat found nearly unlimited food quantities, no natural predators, and year-round breeding conditions. In a decade, there were so many rats on the island, islanders remarked that you couldn't walk from house to house without stepping one one. Then, a plague came, most likely a trypanosome. Within the space of a couple of years the rat was extinct.

Wilderbeasts once flooded the plains of Africa, making it black with the river of their numbers. Then a plague of rinderpest came along. Their numbers were so radically reduced that for a while it was rare to see one at all. Now they are slowly regaining their numbers.

Every time an animal reaches too great a number, some natural plague comes along to rebalance the equation.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1449409 wrote: Tourism is one thing. Immigration, something altogether different.

I doubt many of those Xian tourists would get to stay.

Oh, they stay all right! They own their own Television & Radio Broadcasts; they set up Foundations. JJ merely said: "Get Into". They can stay, but will not be citizens. But stay they do.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1449436 wrote: Oh, they stay all right! They own their own Television & Radio Broadcasts; they set up Foundations. JJ merely said: "Get Into". They can stay, but will not be citizens. But stay they do.

JJ's comment was directly referring to immigration.

Several countries including Israel & Turkey have already began building or already built anti-immigration walls. To get into Israel today you have to virtually be 100% Jewish. Migrants have stormed into Spain�s North African territory of Mellilla which is now the new �gateway into Europe.�
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm sorry, so sorry, please forgive me Lars, I grovel to show how sorry I am.

Israel's requirements for Citizenship, as opposed to Residency, have remained the same.

Goyisheh kup.

PS--the Walls are so Palestinian bombers cannot get through, & were built awhile ago. Nothing to do with immigration.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1449487 wrote: I'm sorry, so sorry, please forgive me Lars, I grovel to show how sorry I am.

Israel's requirements for Citizenship, as opposed to Residency, have remained the same.

Goyisheh kup.

PS--the Walls are so Palestinian bombers cannot get through, & were built awhile ago. Nothing to do with immigration.

No Groveling allowed.

But consider yourself forgiven - Not there there was any offense taken.

Besides, I think JJ's walls were figurative.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “International Politics”