Great Britain going for the Gold in Curling

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I became a fan of Curling after spending the better part of February, one year, in Toronto. Curling seemed to be the national Sport of Canada.

I spent several evenings sitting in the hotel Bar, with a few pints of Steam Whistle, watching the Curling championships.

So I will be cheering Britain on as they try to take home another Gold medal.

BBC Sport - Sochi 2014: British curling men reach Olympic final
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1448559 wrote: I became a fan of Curling after spending the better part of February, one year, in Toronto. Curling seemed to be the national Sport of Canada.

I spent several evenings sitting in the hotel Bar, with a few pints of Steam Whistle, watching the Curling championships.

So I will be cheering Britain on as they try to take home another Gold medal.

BBC Sport - Sochi 2014: British curling men reach Olympic final

Should be an exciting watch - disappointing that the ladies went out but we can't win them all (usually we can't win any of them).
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks for your support Lars, and I think our lads are going to need as much help as possible having to play the unbeaten Canadians in the final - as you have said, possibly Canada's most popular sport (I would think that's a toss up with the ice hockey though). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for young Miss Christie in the 1000 metres speed skating - she's had some misfortune so far, but the way she shot past the other skaters like a Formula 1 racing car to ahieve the final bodes very well, barring accidents etc. of course ! :guitarist
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well Bryn our girls didn't get 'pushed out' of the medals - they beat Switzerland and got the bronze !!!!! Well done our girls !!!! We have a podium. Canada have just beaten Sweden to get the gold, well done all you girls ! Canada - Gold, Sweden - Silver, Britain - Bronze. Thanks Lars once again for wishing our girls well.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

well we got a silver.

that's it

nothing more to say except that it was found that some people around the world didn't realise there is snow in Australia.

:)

Return to “Sports”