Time for a catch up!!

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Raven

Time for a catch up!!

Post by Raven »

Well let me start by saying I am very happy to see you all again! It has been a really not so good year for me.

Beginning with last year (2012) turning 50 was truly horrid. I found myself being bullied by some of the worst types of nurses in the NHS. And these (cough) ladies were in positions of management. Nevermind...got some counselling through the RCN and a short run of sertraline to help pull me out of a depressive sink hole and then my bloody 'pain in the butt' youngest son tries to commit suicide. Dont panic...he didnt succeed. He suffers badly with PTSD. He was a marine serving in the Iraq conflict when it first broke out. Battle of an nasryha did it to him. He is a bit better now.

Good news .....I stopped smoking. About a year and a half now. Still have nicotine lozenges though.:yh_rotfl

Everything started looking up when i quit that bullying BS job, started with a job that not only leaves me in charge, but allows me to be the kind of nurse i want to be. I turned 51...better than 50, but on the down side....gained a bit of weight..because I stopped smoking!! :-2

Just last month, Hubby and myself celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary by renewing our vows in a 900 year old church. (photos on FB) Still have our 2 cats, and I still live in GREAT Britain! (yep, still a yank!):guitarist xxx
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
Snowfire

Time for a catch up!!

Post by Snowfire »

Wow Thats quite a traumatic time you've had. I'm glad you got through to the other side.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Time for a catch up!!

Post by Bruv »

Makes my life seem dull.

Hope you can still laugh.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Týr

Time for a catch up!!

Post by Týr »

The Queen gets years like that too. Maybe we could settle back to the Raven Christmas Message each year before the Doctor Who Special.

You've beaten me for the FG Dramatic Upheavals Award, I'll grant you that. But only by a thin margin. Give me a hot cross bun and a cup of tea and you could hear all about it. I can feel a September Meet taking shape already.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
theia

Time for a catch up!!

Post by theia »

What an awful year for you, Raven. I'm so glad you're through the worst now. Thank goodness you found another job...bullies in the NHS can be a nightmare. I hope life is easier now for your son. I can't imagine what he must have gone through.

(FG has allowed me out of my corner, but only fleetingly...it pretends it's self inflicted isolation but I can assure you it isn't)

Lovely to see you :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
along-for-the-ride

Time for a catch up!!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I am glad to see you back, Raven. Yes, you have had quite a year. Here's a hug for you.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Raven

Time for a catch up!!

Post by Raven »

Týr;1447581 wrote: The Queen gets years like that too. Maybe we could settle back to the Raven Christmas Message each year before the Doctor Who Special.

You've beaten me for the FG Dramatic Upheavals Award, I'll grant you that. But only by a thin margin. Give me a hot cross bun and a cup of tea and you could hear all about it. I can feel a September Meet taking shape already.
Well maybe hers was worse! My house has not caught fire! September meet up would be fantastic! We still need to finish national gallery and v&a! Hot cross buns and tea....ah now THAT sounds like a proper cure for what ails you!
Raven

Time for a catch up!!

Post by Raven »

Now how does Spot know I have the whole 7 series of Doctor Who?? (as i hide my sonic screw driver behind my back):-2
rossa

Time for a catch up!!

Post by rossa »

oh what happened in this thread?
FourPart

Time for a catch up!!

Post by FourPart »

Raven;1447848 wrote: Now how does Spot know I have the whole 7 series of Doctor Who?? (as i hide my sonic screw driver behind my back):-2
Only 7 Series? That's not even 1 Doctor.

Return to “Members' News”