Anyone want to attend the Olympics?

Discuss all types of sports.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Not me, even if there weren't the terror threats I have had enough cold weather.

Some athletes are recommending their parents stay home so they don't have to worry about them.

Would any of you go if you could?

Sochi Security Fears: Olympics Fans Ask 'Should I Stay or Should I Go?' - ABC News
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I didn't go to the Olympics when they were just over the hill in Snooz's neighborhood.

Don't think I want to go all that far, either. I don't think the threat of something happening would prevent me from going if I changed my mind, though.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Yeah I really have no desire to visit Russia. Not in the winter.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

YZGI;1445675 wrote: Not me, even if there weren't the terror threats I have had enough cold weather.

Some athletes are recommending their parents stay home so they don't have to worry about them.

Would any of you go if you could?

Sochi Security Fears: Olympics Fans Ask 'Should I Stay or Should I Go?' - ABC News

I was in the Army stationed in Germany. American soldiers had the opportunity in a raffle to obtain tickets. As it turned out not only did I not get one but was sent home ahead of time.

Well, as it turned out, only danger was to Israeli athletes as Arab terrorists murdered 11 members of the Israeli Olympic team

Allahu Akbar

My home, Los Angles, CA hosted the summer Olympics.

I felt cheated in that as a result of the USA boycotting the 1980 Olympics in the Soviet Union, they boycotted our 1084 Olympics.

To me it was like phony Olympics so never gave attendance a second thought.

There was a silver lining in the 1984 Olympics.

So much talk about the added traffic due to so many visitors there was a push to get folk to car pool and or take alternative transportation. I believe that was the last time in LA history the freeways were actually free.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I'll just watch parts of the event on my TV at home here in the USA. I do hope everything goes well.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

[QUOTE=tude dog;1445693]1972

I was in the Army stationed in Germany. American soldiers had the opportunity in a raffle to obtain tickets. As it turned out not only did I not get one but was sent home ahead of time.

Well, as it turned out, only danger was to Israeli athletes as Arab terrorists murdered 11 members of the Israeli Olympic team

Allahu Akbar

My home, Los Angles, CA hosted the summer Olympics.

I felt cheated in that as a result of the USA boycotting the 1980 Olympics in the Soviet Union, they boycotted our 1984 Olympics.

To me it was like phony Olympics so never gave attendance a second thought.

There was a silver lining in the 1984 Olympics.

So much talk about the added traffic due to so many visitors there was a push to get folk to car pool and or take alternative transportation. I believe that was the last time in LA history the freeways were actually free.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm involuntarily surrounded by Russians here in Brooklyn. Why would I volunteer to be with more?

Return to “Wide World of Sports”