Home Remedies.

Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

Strange home remedies that could help;

Body odor; if your shoes stink, try sage or green clay in the shoes.

Eat parsley;

Try baking soda

Try rubbing alcohol ( even under your arms!)

Wear clothes that breathe!

CHANGE UP ON YOUR DEODORANT every now and then.
Snooz

Home Remedies.

Post by Snooz »

Well done! It's nice to see you posting outside of the religion forums.

I read that dryer sheets work well in shoes too.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

Heres some for Athlete's foot;

Put Vinegar between the toes!

Dry each toe individually after washing.

Use Garlic water.

Try Tree oil.

A foot bath with a little Chlorine bleach.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

What about those pesky headaches?

Chew some fresh Willow twigs.

Try a tea of feverfew, lemon balm and ginger root.

Try the caffeine and aspirin mix;

Quit smoking ( a hard way to get headache free for a while).

Message your forehead or even your feet!
Kathy Ellen

Home Remedies.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, I love this thread Mickiel...I really do!!

*For smelly feet, also try Mitchum power gel deodorant. I tried it and it works by golly...Hahaha...

*When you have a Charlie horse, pinch the heart of your lip for a minute or so, and the pain is gone in no time.

* When you can't sleep, drink 'lettuce' tea. Cut up some lettuce leaves and pour boiling water over it. Drink the water as you would tea
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

Kathy Ellen;1436295 wrote: Oh, I love this thread Mickiel...I really do!!

*For smelly feet, also try Mitchum power gel deodorant. I tried it and it works by golly...Hahaha...

*When you have a Charlie horse, pinch the heart of your lip for a minute or so, and the pain is gone in no time.

* When you can't sleep, drink 'lettuce' tea. Cut up some lettuce leaves and pour boiling water over it. Drink the water as you would tea

Lettuce tea, that's a new one on me. Sounds great! Here's more to help you sleep;

Fill your pillow case with dried leaves of catnip, rabbit tobacco, mint and sage; use a calico or plain cotton pillow case. ( you can also add rosemary leaves, lavender or mugwort).

Darken your room

A warm bath 2 hours before sleep

Treat yourself to high quality sheets and covers

Valerian tea

Use earplugs if your mate is a snorer

Stop " Trying" to sleep, and fake sleeping.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

SnoozeAgain;1436283 wrote: Well done! It's nice to see you posting outside of the religion forums.

I read that dryer sheets work well in shoes too.

Yea I thought I would get out of the cage for awhile.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

What about " Bad Breath!"

Try eating an Apple a day

Rake your tongue and brush it too!

Drink lots of water!

Make a toothpaste of Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda ( it won't taste good, but afterwards its refreshing)

Eat more Veggies!
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

We live in a time of increasing high medical cost, getting to know these home remedies can really save money.

For sore Throat try Violet flower tea

Soak half a lemon in salt water and suck on it for awhile.

And you can gargle the salt water.

While your throat hurts, just don't talk that much.

Wrap a warm cloth around your neck.

Suck on lozenges; Slippery Elm Lozenges are good.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

Some home remedies are simply incredible, just no doubt about it. Humans had healing ways before the science of Medicine grew.

For age spots and freckles they used to mix yogurt and horseradish together and refrigerate it. Then they would dab the mixture on spots daily, and follow each application with a smear of vitamin E or Wheat-germ oil.

Some people used to rub with " Retin-A."

Some have bathed the spots with butter milk and got good results; others used to use lemon juice.
jones jones

Home Remedies.

Post by jones jones »

My Nana suffered from diabetes and she used to swear by this ...

She cut the spikey leaves off the Aloe plant and let the really really sticky "juice" run out into a glass. Then she'd mix it with warm water and drink it.

She never ever went to a doctor and lived into her eighties.

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

Are your teeth yellow, well Fresh Strawberry Juice is said to whiten teeth over time. Paint the teeth with the juice and leave it there for 5 minutes. Rinse with warm water that has a pinch of baking soda added to it.

Dentist can whiten teeth with a cost from 600 to 1200 dollars.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

Ever get that Itchy skin?

Try a cider and Barley bath; 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of barley flour in your bath tub.

Try a cold shower.

Take a dip in the Ocean, sea water can kill fungi.

If you have the patience, try to make some Chickweed Salve; chop cleaned Chickweed leaves and place them in a glass jar, add enough olive oil to cover the leaves completely; break open a capsule of vitamin E and add the liquid to the jar. Cap the jar and let it sit in a sunny window for 1 week;turning the jar end to end several times once a day. Strain and pour the oil into a clean bottle, store in the frigerator and apply to itchy areas as needed.

You can even try rubbing baking soda on the itch.

Rubbing Corn starch on it may help.

Believe it or not, eating more Fish and Nuts may naturally help. ( Salmon, Mackerel, and Sardines; Almonds and Walnuts.)
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

You got high blood pressure, eat more bananas, Potassium prevents thickening of the artery walls.

Lime blossom tea helps, you can mix that tea with Berry Good Tonic; 3 cups a day will do.

Passion flower tea helps too.

Get away from salt!

Learn to forgive and forget things that irritate you.

Eat lots of fruit.

Don't be a couch potatoe.

Get a pet.
Oscar Namechange

Home Remedies.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I take two teaspoons of Tumeric In milk for digestion last thing at night.

Arrowroot works for diahorra.

And I put chilli In everything.... no reason... It just annoys my husband.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
YZGI

Home Remedies.

Post by YZGI »

Mickiel;1436284 wrote: Heres some for Athlete's foot;

Put Vinegar between the toes!

Dry each toe individually after washing.

Use Garlic water.

Try Tree oil.

A foot bath with a little Chlorine bleach.

Or just pee on your feet in the shower.
AnneBoleyn

Home Remedies.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

YZGI;1436642 wrote: Or just pee on your feet in the shower.

Isn't that one of the causes of athlete's foot?
YZGI

Home Remedies.

Post by YZGI »

AnneBoleyn;1436644 wrote: Isn't that one of the causes of athlete's foot?

I had heard this in the past, After googling, it appears to be false. Although pee does contain ammonia and urea that some ant bacterial cream contain it is not concentrated enough to heal AF.

I guess it's an old wives tale.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

What about that old " Hangover!"

The mourning after bloody Mary is simply not true; it won't help, but Tomato juice is a good idea, it will help restore the fluids that alcohol has sucked out of you. And although alcohol is a liquid, it will sponge the liquids out of your body and dehydrate you, no matter how much of it you pour into your belly.

A single drop of peppermint oil on your tongue may help calm nausea.

Drink lots of fluids; lemon balm tea; load up on carbs; ( Rye bread, ginger snaps, strawberries) and eat some protein, ( Turkey breast, a hard boiled egg, a nice cool glass of milk).

But the most urgent need is to rehydrate your body! So keep guzzling that H2O!Your brain is mostly water and it gets peeved when you make it thirsty.

Eat some Cheese.

And drinking coffee is no myth, it does help, especially if its full of caffeine.

And listen, don't smoke! You may think it helps, but it does not.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

Have trouble Vomiting? Upset stomach?

Try Angelica, an herb with a good history. Simmer 1 tablespoon of stems and root for 20 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of aniseeds for taste; strain and take 1 tablespoon every 30 minutes until the stomach settles.

Sip clear sweetened liquids, such as ginger ale.

Restore your fluids with gatorade.

Sit still and stay put for a few hours.

Don't eat for awhile.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

The true way to get a healthy mind;

Get out of yourself;

Know your true origins;

and hope that one day God will stop ignoring you.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

One good health tid bit; understand that the suffering will come, and it will stay as long as it wants; so learn to suffer well and stand up to it and endure it; no need in complianing and moaning and letting those things magnify the suffering.

Ride the wave of suffering out. Practice suffering while you suffer, and keep in mind that it will leave; then when it returns, ride it out again, and learn to do the things to ease it while its there.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

The best remedy for not liking what people write;

Don't read it!
fuzzywuzzy

Home Remedies.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well you almost did it, although it was quite obvious that this thread was a mock at the forum itself for suggesting you take on other interesting threads.

You don't like being told do you ?

and hope that one day God will stop ignoring you.

I hope he stops ignoring you too. Shame that all that writing may go to waste. :)
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

fuzzywuzzy;1444968 wrote: Well you almost did it, although it was quite obvious that this thread was a mock at the forum itself for suggesting you take on other interesting threads.

You don't like being told do you ?

I hope he stops ignoring you too. Shame that all that writing may go to waste. :)

The interesting thing is, all my writing may not go to waste. I don't know?

but I got nothing better to do.

And the thread is not a mock; its simply mine!
fuzzywuzzy

Home Remedies.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

cool any other tips or remedies that you may know of yourself?

shampoo. maiden hair sprigs in a bottle of clean water and shake until bubbles appear. (for blonde hair) .......................rosemary sprigs for brunettes
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

fuzzywuzzy;1444972 wrote: cool any other tips or remedies that you may know of yourself?

shampoo. maiden hair sprigs in a bottle of clean water and shake until bubbles appear. (for blonde hair) .......................rosemary sprigs for brunettes

Here's one; if your an Atheist who is tired of reading things about God, then get you some" Hide the words about God from my eyes glasses!"

And wear them when you read. Works wonders; it blocks all the irritation and calms the fears.

But don't clean them; if you do you may see again.
fuzzywuzzy

Home Remedies.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

interesting .....so no more home remedies then?
Oscar Namechange

Home Remedies.

This thread was posted several months ago and has nothing to do with the ' Ban Mickiel' thread. This thread started months before that.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Home Remedies.

Post by LarsMac »

oscar;1445049 wrote: This thread was posted several months ago and has nothing to do with the ' Ban Mickiel' thread. This thread started months before that.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with home remedies, anymore, either.

Though on that notes, has anyone tried any of the several do-it-yourself "OxyClean" replacements being passed around on FB?

I think the last one I saw was something like Dawn dish-washing soap and Hydrogen Peroxide, or some such.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Home Remedies.

LarsMac;1445072 wrote: Doesn't seem to have anything to do with home remedies, anymore, either.

Though on that notes, has anyone tried any of the several do-it-yourself "OxyClean" replacements being passed around on FB?

I think the last one I saw was something like Dawn dish-washing soap and Hydrogen Peroxide, or some such. I have tried the teeth whitening home mix and It works.
LarsMac

Home Remedies.

Post by LarsMac »

oscar;1445086 wrote: I have tried the teeth whitening home mix and It works.

Hope it has nothing to do with Dawn
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Home Remedies.

Post by Snooz »

What's your recipe for teeth whitening, Oscar? I'm not sticking dishwashing liquid in my mouth, no way, no how.
Oscar Namechange

Home Remedies.

Snooz;1445090 wrote: What's your recipe for teeth whitening, Oscar? I'm not sticking dishwashing liquid in my mouth, no way, no how.
One teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide, one teaspoon of baking soda, one teaspoon toothpaste... mix well and brush teeth for 2 minutes twice a week... rinse well and don't swallow any.
LarsMac

Home Remedies.

Post by LarsMac »

I just buy toothpaste that has whitening in it.

Works very well.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Home Remedies.

LarsMac;1445098 wrote: I just buy toothpaste that has whitening in it.

Works very well.

Is whitening toothpaste just a waste of money? They promise a dazzling Hollywood smile, but our investigation reveals these products barely make a difference | Mail Online
Snooz

Home Remedies.

Post by Snooz »

I just found out the hydrogen peroxide cuts ear wax. Put it on a q-tip and go to town... I just tried it and got some brown goo out.

TMI?
Oscar Namechange

Home Remedies.

Snooz;1445106 wrote: I just found out the hydrogen peroxide cuts ear wax. Put it on a q-tip and go to town... I just tried it and got some brown goo out.

TMI? Can It get Blu Tac out of my ears and hair?
AnneBoleyn

Home Remedies.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Not only that, Snooz, put some Hydrogen Peroxide directly in your ear canal. If it bubbles up, you have an infection, & unless it is a very serious one, using the HP will cure it. Dr. Oz taught me that & it works! I get ear infections in the summer by swimming in the rancid Brooklyn Ocean, so I now can clear it up Before it requires a doctor's care. Thanks, Dr. Oz!
LarsMac

Home Remedies.

Post by LarsMac »

oscar;1445101 wrote: Is whitening toothpaste just a waste of money? They promise a dazzling Hollywood smile, but our investigation reveals these products barely make a difference | Mail Online

Well, my "Arm and Hammer" works very well.

- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Home Remedies.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

& Arm & Hammer Baking Soda does wonders to eliminate Cat Stink in their litter box. I love cats. :-D
LarsMac

Home Remedies.

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1445110 wrote: Not only that, Snooz, put some Hydrogen Peroxide directly in your ear canal. If it bubbles up, you have an infection, & unless it is a very serious one, using the HP will cure it. Dr. Oz taught me that & it works! I get ear infections in the summer by swimming in the rancid Brooklyn Ocean, so I now can clear it up Before it requires a doctor's care. Thanks, Dr. Oz!

Actually, it cleans very nicely, but it will not help with infection.

This I learned the hard way after picking up a bug swimming in a poorly treated pool.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Home Remedies.

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes, some ear 'bugs' do need prescription intervention, but the less severe ones respond as Dr. Oz advises. Bet someone peed in the pool, yes?
Snowfire

Home Remedies.

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1445093 wrote: One teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide, one teaspoon of baking soda, one teaspoon toothpaste... mix well and brush teeth for 2 minutes twice a week... rinse well and don't swallow any.

What about Vim. That would work

My dad would never use shampoo. Tiny bit of washing up liquid and some fabric softener. He did have lovely hair
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Home Remedies.

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn;1445110 wrote: Not only that, Snooz, put some Hydrogen Peroxide directly in your ear canal. If it bubbles up, you have an infection, & unless it is a very serious one, using the HP will cure it. Dr. Oz taught me that & it works! I get ear infections in the summer by swimming in the rancid Brooklyn Ocean, so I now can clear it up Before it requires a doctor's care. Thanks, Dr. Oz!

I'm gonna go try that now, thanks Anne.

ETA: no bubbles but I got some more goo out. Yeeeesh.
Oscar Namechange

Home Remedies.

AnneBoleyn;1445116 wrote: Yes, some ear 'bugs' do need prescription intervention, but the less severe ones respond as Dr. Oz advises. Bet someone peed in the pool, yes?
I always drop warm olive oil In my ears and plug with cotton wool for ear bugs...

OK... You'll think I'm making this one up but.... when ever I've taken rescue Cats and dogs Infected with ear mites... I.... wait for It.... Use WD40 In their ears...I syringe It In before I go to bed... cats and dogs naturally sleep with their heads on one side...the oil suffocates the ear mites and when the animal wakes up, you'll find the oil has seeped out along with the mites... just clean off... job done... no expensive vet bill.
Mickiel

Home Remedies.

Post by Mickiel »

fuzzywuzzy;1445043 wrote: interesting .....so no more home remedies then?

Did you have a problem with the thread when I only was giving home remedies?

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”