Blackfish

Snooz

Blackfish

Post by Snooz »

Oscar Namechange

Blackfish

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Looks really Interesting.

No sea creature that size should ever be In capture.... very sad.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Blackfish

Post by G#Gill »

We know that if such places didn''t exist then many many people would never be able to see such magnificent creatures. But as that woman in the film said - if you were kept in a bath tub for months and even years, you'd get psychotic !

As far as I am concerned the only environment I feel happy about having wild animals in apart from their natural habitat, is the safari park - where the animal has a much more naturally wide area to feel a certain amount of 'freedom' in. I visited a zoo once and at the tender age of 10 years old I felt deep sadness and concern to see animals pacing up and down their caged compounds. I have never wanted to visit a zoo since. I feel the same about these huge aquarium centres. I have never wanted to visit any of these either. These creatures should be free, to live or die in their own environment under natural conditions.

If you are never able to go to see creatures in their natural habitat, then that is just one of those things. You miss out. But there are numerous films to see, so people should be satisfied with that and not want to be a party to making wild animals suffer in an alien environment.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

Blackfish

Post by LarsMac »

some comments worth considering when thinking about your reaction to "Blackfish"

Blackfish full of blow-holes - South Florida Movie Reviews by I Rate Films

I have known a couple of people involved with some of the sea parks.

Collecting mammals for such activity has been outlawed since the late 70's.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Blackfish

Post by Snooz »

LarsMac;1444929 wrote: some comments worth considering when thinking about your reaction to "Blackfish"

Blackfish full of blow-holes - South Florida Movie Reviews by I Rate Films

I have known a couple of people involved with some of the sea parks.

Collecting mammals for such activity has been outlawed since the late 70's.

That's one of the most gleefully biased opinion pieces I've ever read.
LarsMac

Blackfish

Post by LarsMac »

Snooz;1444934 wrote: That's one of the most gleefully biased opinion pieces I've ever read.

No more biased than the film, itself.

I think that if you are going to watch the film, Blackfish, you should have this guy's comments in the back of your head while doing so.

The film is very moving and there are some important things to consider that come from the film.

Balance is a good thing.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”