Coffee News #1

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
Lady J

Coffee News #1

Post by Lady J »

I often pick up a single page publication at my local coffee shop when I am there getting their sweet ice tea with lemon....sigh...I don't drink coffee. ANYWAY some of the short articles they have in this monthly publication are interesting.

Here is one of them.

Tiny Art:

A Mexican-born artist is making quite an impression in the East End of London, England, although it is a small one. Pablo Delgado, who lives in London, creates tiny images and then pastes them onto walls. The images, which are only a few inches high, could be anything from a woman in a ship to a man with a giraffe or someone on a bike. He even creates pictures of doors to incite the imagination of people who may wonder where they lead. Some of the pieces have been stolen when people try to pry them off the wall, but Delgado does not mind when that happens as he considers his street art to be for the people.

From the Coffee News

This link shows much more of his work...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pablo+d ... 80&bih=923
AnneBoleyn

Coffee News #1

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Beautiful! Great gift to anyone who happens on it! I love coffee. ;-)
jones jones

Coffee News #1

Post by jones jones »

Nice Lulu ... Off beat, the way I like!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

Coffee News #1

Post by Lady J »

AnneBoleyn;1444359 wrote: Beautiful! Great gift to anyone who happens on it! I love coffee. ;-)

It is a great treat as long as you look down!

Here is to a hot cuppa Anne.:yh_coffee
Lady J

Coffee News #1

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1444363 wrote: Nice Lulu ... Off beat, the way I like!

Ahhhhh Jj! :-4
AnneBoleyn

Coffee News #1

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think you have a wonderful face, Ms. J. You look like someone I wish I knew, so I'll settle for FG.
Lady J

Coffee News #1

Post by Lady J »

It this printed publication I pick up there is a section called "Quoteable Quotes"

"The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket" ~~ Will Rogers

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." ~~John Lubbock

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~~ Albert Einstein

"What we choose changes us.

Who we love transforms us.

How we create reshapes us.

What we do remakes us."

-- Dr. Eugene Callender

Hope you enjoyed them!

Lady J
Lady J

Coffee News #1

Post by Lady J »

More from Coffee News!

SHARK SENSE: When faced with danger, many animals "freeze" so that no movement can be detected by an approaching predator. There is a shark species, called the bamboo shark, that appears to have developed an instinct for becoming immobile even before birth. Living in the ocean waters from Australia to India, bamboo sharks lay eggs which would make a great meal for many predators. However, the baby shark embryos can detect predators by sensing their BIO-ELECTRIC FIELDS (how cool is that?) When that happens, the embryos stop making movements and the predator goes on its merry way.

Now tell me that Mother Nature is not AWESOME!:-6

Return to “The Coffee Shop”