Been Doing Some Research ...

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

... and once again discovered something I have always known since my very first visit to England ...

It is one hellova beautiful country!

(None of the images belong to me.)

(See First Reply.)
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

This is thatched cosy magical green England at its finest.

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Wasdale, a valley in the western Lake District of Cumbria. Through the valley flows the River Ir.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

The ancient roman baths of Aquae Sulis in Bath, England.

Always wondered why this town was called Bath!!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

The glorious Friston Forest in East Sussex just inland from the Seven Sisters cliffs.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Scotney Castle,Kent,England.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

St James’s Park, London, in April.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Sandwick, Lancaster England.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Buckland in the Moor, because it is the Shire of Dartmoor and Dartmoor is where wizards are.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Merlin’s Cave from Tintagel Castle, Cornwall, England.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Notting Hill .

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Cottage in Bibury.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Natural History Museum London.

Totally love history and have visited here but have only just found out that the Gollom like creatures climbing up the arches are 78 monkeys facing alternatively right & left.

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Lovely pics.

Incidentally, Tolkien described the Shire as in the North West of Middle Earth, East of the Sea, which not-very-coincidentally describes Britain especially in relation to N. America. Which I think makes Americans and Canadians Elves...;)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Clodhopper;1443623 wrote: Lovely pics.

Incidentally, Tolkien described the Shire as in the North West of Middle Earth, East of the Sea, which not-very-coincidentally describes Britain especially in relation to N. America. Which I think makes Americans and Canadians Elves...;)

I have no doubt that Britain IS the Shire if only because so many of its counties end in the word.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Love quotes like these too ...

"Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky; we fell them down and turn them into paper, that we may record our emptiness."

— Kahlil Gibran, from The Treasured Writings of Kahlil Gibran

"How would you know if you were the last man on Earth? he said.

I dont guess you would know it. You’d just be it.

Nobody would know it.

It wouldnt make any difference. When you die it’s the same as if everybody else died too."

— Cormac McCarthy, The Road

"Stuff your eyes with wonder … live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."

— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

"People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didnt believe in that. Tomorrow wasnt getting ready for them. It didnt even know they were there."

— Cormac McCarthy, The Road

"We didn’t talk about anything heavy or light. We were just there together. And that was enough."

— Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"I am but a stranger … as we all are. Lonely inside our separate skins, we cannot know each others pain and must bear our own in solitude. For my part, I have found that walking soothes it; and that, given luck, sometimes we find one to walk besides us … at least for a little way."

— Alan Moore, “Footsteps”, Secret Origins #10

From DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Beautiful photos JJ. Unfortunately, I only visited London as my relative lived there. We did take the boat across the Irish Sea and visited Hollyhead, Wales and then took the train to London. It was a fun trip!!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Clodhopper;1443623 wrote: Lovely pics.

Great compliment! Thank you!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1443684 wrote: Great compliment! Thank you!

Howzit elfin lady?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

jones jones;1443687 wrote: Howzit elfin lady?

I thought the term was 'elvish'----you know, like Elvish Presley. ;- )
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1443698 wrote: I thought the term was 'elvish'----you know, like Elvish Presley. ;- )

Or maybe "El fish like Wanda?"
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

good one, good movie too.

Return to “Photography More”