Sad News...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Sad News...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I've just been Informed by Kazalala of some sad news.

It was posted In one of Jones threads but I am writing a new thread because sorry JJ but many don't look at your threads.

It's very sad to learn that FG's long standing member and arcade visitor Carol ( Carolly ) has died of cancer.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kazalala

Sad News...

Post by kazalala »

Thanks for posting Oscar. Gill found out, and posted into JJ's thread as it was asking where members were,, ones who hadn't been around a while so I suppose it seemed fitting.

Anyway, I surely wont forget the years of Friendship and laughter we shared:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

Sad News...

kazalala;1443278 wrote: Thanks for posting Oscar. Gill found out, and posted into JJ's thread as it was asking where members were,, ones who hadn't been around a while so I suppose it seemed fitting.

Anyway, I surely wont forget the years of Friendship and laughter we shared:-4 I only posted threads about Gordon Brown just to annoy the heck out of her.... not In a nasty way but more banter way. The more I praised him, the more private messages she'd send me telling me to pack It In. :wah:

I remember another thread I posted for her called ' Posh woman arrested for Eel abuse' after she munched her way through a bowl of Bethnal Green's finest Eels every day...:wah:

But she had a kind heart and loved animals and her dogs.....

But what I'll always remember her for was when I very first joined FG when two members here after some pretty shoddy reporting by a local newspaper believed they knew more about my trial than I did. After some of the worst bullying I've ever witnessed online, It was Carolly who wrote to me and supported me and asked me to stick around. She was a rough diamond that one.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Patsy Warnick

Sad News...

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I knew something was wrong - she hasn't been in the Arcade.

I will miss her as we use to battle it out on several games, and have private chats.

I will miss her friendship.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Sad News...

Patsy Warnick;1443300 wrote: I knew something was wrong - she hasn't been in the Arcade.

I will miss her as we use to battle it out on several games, and have private chats.

I will miss her friendship.

Patsy

She thought a lot of you Patsy.

Carol used to phone my house. As soon as I announced It was Carol, my husband would roll his eyes and go to watch TV In our bedroom... he knew we'd be hours :wah:

We shared a lot of laughs.
Snooz

Sad News...

Post by Snooz »

She had a lovely singing voice, she emailed me several clips she had made.

This is sad news, especially for her family during the holidays.
Patsy Warnick

Sad News...

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Thank You Oscar

I have been worried and was about to inquire

very sad

I'll miss her.

Patsy
fuzzywuzzy

Sad News...

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bugger!!!! .... I liked her. She could be really funny. bugger bugger bugger. I hope she didn't suffer too much.
Oscar Namechange

Sad News...

Snooz;1443304 wrote: She had a lovely singing voice, she emailed me several clips she had made.

This is sad news, especially for her family during the holidays. I told her once on the phone she should have gone proffessional years ago and she would have got a recording contract. She really did have an awesome voice.

We'd sit on the phone for hours talking about FG and who we liked and who we couldn't stand.... well.... we were women !!!!! :wah::wah::wah:

She liked you.... you made her laugh.
G#Gill

Sad News...

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1443275 wrote: I've just been Informed by Kazalala of some sad news.

It was posted In one of Jones threads but I am writing a new thread because sorry JJ but many don't look at your threads.

It's very sad to learn that FG's long standing member and arcade visitor Carol ( Carolly ) has died of cancer.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Thank you Oscar.

Just to clarify things, I was informed by her family on 23 December 2013 that Carol died from cancer in August 2013. I managed to get communication via a Christmas card I sent to her house with my email address on it. She cut herself off from her friends towards the end as she did not want a fuss - sounds like our Carol.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Sad News...

G#Gill;1443350 wrote: Thank you Oscar.

Just to clarify things, I was informed by her family on 23 December 2013 that Carol died from cancer in August 2013. I managed to get communication via a Christmas card I sent to her house with my email address on it. She cut herself off from her friends towards the end as she did not want a fuss - sounds like our Carol.

I feel for you Mrs... you two were very close.

By the way.... Thank You for your beautiful Christmas Card... you soppy old git :wah:

I'll phone you In the new year for a gossip Mrs... until then, love, snogs and hugs to C, A and J xxx
shinning_like_me

Sad News...

Post by shinning_like_me »

Dont mind if I ask Whom Are we Talking about, Who is Carol? Please let me also know this personality................
Oscar Namechange

Sad News...

shinning_like_me;1443385 wrote: Dont mind if I ask Whom Are we Talking about, Who is Carol? Please let me also know this personality................

Don 't mind If I say.... We don't know you from Adam.
AnneBoleyn

Sad News...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Are you writing from India, shining? Particularly Patna, Bihar, India? I became curious as to your local time & looked that up. There is a "search" function at the top right of the screen to look up history of the site.
G#Gill

Sad News...

Post by G#Gill »

shinning_like_me;1443385 wrote: Dont mind if I ask Whom Are we Talking about, Who is Carol? Please let me also know this personality................

Try reading this thread - you will find out a little of who Carol (Carolly) was. Left click on the link below, then scroll down to Post 15 and there are other posts referring to Carol on the thread further on.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... ere-2.html
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “General Chit Chat”