The King George V1 Stakes 2013

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Boxing Day and another big race that often dictates the Gold Cup In March.

This will be the first time In many years that I won't be travelling down to Kempton Park on Boxing Day to see the creme de la creme of National Hunt Chasers. And what a line up we have this year !!!!

This Is a Grade 1 National Hunt Chase open to horses over 4 years old. It's over 3 miles and Incorporates 18 fences. Seen as a prelude to the Gold Cup, this Is an easier race as Kempton Park Is flater and less grueling than Cheltenham.

In the past, this race has been dominated by Desert Orchid and Kauto Star.

Cue Card looks to be the bookies favourite. He put In a poor lack lustre performance In this race 12 months ago but what a comeback !! Winning The Ryanair at Cheltenham In March beating First Luitenant by 10 lengths. His staying ability two weeks ago In the Betfair Chase was nothing short of perfection beating Dynaste, Silviniaco Conti, Long Run, and Gold Cup champion Bobs Worth. On the run In, he swatted the lot of them aside like flies. Has to be a very strong contender for Colin Tizzard.

Dynaste 2nd season for this young 7 year old. Finishing 2nd In the Jewson Novices Chase to Beneficiant at Cheltenham In March. He also finished 2nd behind Cue Card In The Betfair Chase at Haydock two weeks ago which Is a far more grueling track. Given the flatter course at Kempton, he Is at his best over 3 miles and for me the difference In track and firm going may be all he needs to land this one.

He's an excellent jumper and stays all day long.

Al Ferof Another Grey, Is Paul Nichols main contender here. He's a class act this horse and I don't feel we have seen him at his best after Injury took him out for a year. A former winner of The Supreme Novices Hurdle over two miles and former winner of The Paddy Power Gold Cup. He returned to action last week at Ascot winning The Amlin Chase but can he stay 3 miles ????

Long Run Nicky Henderson will be looking at a third win In this race for Long Run There's no denying that some horses just prefer certain tracks and there's no doubt he knows Kempton like the back of his hoof. However, for me, his p.iss more performance at Wetherby last month and the fact that he was just way outclassed by Cue Card and Dynaste In The Betfair two weeks ago leads me to believe he'll struggle unless he gets the soft ground and going that he prefers.

Silviniaco Conti This horse Is one of those little brown jobbies you'd not give a second glance to In the parade ring but myself, I rate him extremely highly. In a race, he's one of those horses you don't notice until the run In when It appears the race comes to him and not the other way around. Winning the Betfair Chase and The Denman Chase last season, he's only had one outing so far this season. Coming 3rd two weeks ago In The Betfair Chase behind Dynaste and Cue Card, again, this Is a young 7 year old who no-one knows just how good he can be. Yes he was out classed on the day at Haydock but with the flatter track I myself I believe he's the strongest stayer In the field.

Captain Chris Almost had Long Run on the line In this race last year.

Philip Hobbs has had him geared for this race after he bizzarly and dangerously jumped out to his right on Gold Cup day at Cheltenham this year. Hobbs made the decision after this that he would only target right handed tracks so this will suit him with the right going. Having said that, he was taken out of his prep race at Ascot last month due to Injury and that's worrying. Again, he Is at least a stayer.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Sir Des Champs Is listed with anti-post pricing but I just can't see Willie Mullin's favouring the trip over from Ireland rather than gear him to the Lexus Chase In Ireland against Flemenstar. I could be wrong.

If the decision Is made by Mullin's to target the King George then my decision of who to put my money on Is already decided but I will wait until nearer the day and the last stage declarations.

The creme de la creme of National Hunt two weeks ago.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
peleus

Post by peleus »

Al Ferof is the dark horse here I believe. I won't be surprised if he gets the W.
Never quit.
Oscar Namechange

peleus;1442748 wrote: Al Ferof is the dark horse here I believe. I won't be surprised if he gets the W.

Dark horse ???? Hardly

He's 3rd favourite and well fancied.
Oscar Namechange

oscar;1442644 wrote: Sir Des Champs Is listed with anti-post pricing but I just can't see Willie Mullin's favouring the trip over from Ireland rather than gear him to the Lexus Chase In Ireland against Flemenstar. I could be wrong.

If the decision Is made by Mullin's to target the King George then my decision of who to put my money on Is already decided but I will wait until nearer the day and the last stage declarations.

Yep....It appears Sir Des Champs will target the Lexus In Leopardstown, Ireland on the 28th

For me, my King George bet lies with Silviniaco Conti to win. Without the sharp angles of the Haydock Track, I believe he can nail this one.

Have also placed a combination forecast of Silviniaco Conti/ Dynaste and Cue Card
Oscar Namechange

11 Big Guns will move to post for The King George Stakes Boxing Day.

Huge amounts of money have been coming In for Al Ferof since anti-post

Cue Card 11/4 Fav

Dynaste 7/2

Silviniaco Conti 11/2

Al Ferof 4/1

Long Run 12/1

Captain Chris 12/1

Mount Benbulben 12/1

Riverside Theatre 16/1

Menorah 20/1

Champion Court 25/1

Prince De Beauchene 50/1

Possibly one horse In the final 11 that could upset the field Is Riverside Theatre. But most certainly, one horse that could score here Is Captain Chris. It really does depend on how fit Hobbs has him. The withdrawal from his prep race Is worrying, hence the long price but he's one hell of a chasing stayer. I just can't see Hobbs making the final declaration unless the horse Is 100 % fit. It's too much of a gamble to make assumptions after that withdrawal so at 12/1, he has to be worth an each way punt.
Oscar Namechange

One thing Is for sure... we will never ever see the like of this again.

The day Jockey and horse In perfect Harmony made history,

King George VI Chase 2009 - YouTube

RIP Madison Du Berlais

Happy Retirement Deep Purple
Oscar Namechange

Now I'm really excited.

The King George Stakes, The Christmas Hurdle and now on the Friday 27th at Kempton, The Desert Orchid Stakes when the one dubbed ' The Black Areoplane' Sprinter Sacre will take on Tingle Creek winner Sire De Grugy.

It really just doesn't get better than that !!!!
Oscar Namechange

oscar;1442995 wrote:

For me, my King George bet lies with Silviniaco Conti to win. Without the sharp angles of the Haydock Track, I believe he can nail this one.

]

Posted by Oscar

"This Is a young 7 year old who no-one knows just how good he can be. Yes he was out classed on the day at Haydock but with the flatter track I myself I believe he's the strongest stayer In the field."

Result of The King George V1 Stakes 2013

1st Silviniaco Conti

2nd Cue Card

3rd Al Ferof

Oscar retires with a celebration Bailey's Irish Cream £2,450 richer GET IN THERE !!!!!!

Peter Lake goes to lie down after a heart stopping final 2 furlongs,

Captain Chris non runner... Riverside Theatre unseated rider
Oscar Namechange

My anylisis of the race went pretty much as I believed It would.

Cue Card led from the start and set a fierce pace and the cruising speed. Coming to the last fence, I believe having set the pace too fast, he just ran out of stamina. Where as Noel Fehily timed the race bang on keeping Silvinaco Conti cruising comfortably In 2nd position until taking him off the bridle, he had enough stamina for that final push.

Long Run ????? I'll say It again Mr Waley-Cohen... retire him now !! P.iss awful performance at Wetherby, abysmal performance at Haydock and even with the soft going he prefers today at Kempton, wayyyyyy outclassed and struggling to keep up with the pace.

Wanting to give your son an amateur jockey day Is no reason to hurl a horse over 18 fences and 3 miles. Muppet !!!!
Oscar Namechange

You know, I would say that the greatest finishes I ever saw In all my years racing was Crisp getting beaten In the 1973 Grand National, followed by Dunguib In the 2009 Champion Bumper but looking at this King George again, this has to be right up there with them.

Looking at the race again and reading the pundits, It appears I wasn't alone In thinking that 2 fences from home, It was Cue Cards race and all over. It endorses everything I said about him prior to the race... a little brown jobbie who goes un-noticed until, bang, suddenly the race has come to him and he's there.

As Christamas draws to a close, I shall raise another glass to that ' Little brown Jobbie' I had the utmost faith In and never gave up on.

Here's to:

Siviniaco Conti

The race

2013 William Hill King George Chase - Silviniaco Conti - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Silviniaco Conti now heads the 2014 Gold Cup betting as 7/2 favourite with Bobs Worth 9/2 and Sir Des Champs at 5/1...

This will all change tomorrow when Sir Des Champs takes on Bobs Worth In Leopardstown, Ireland In The Lexus.
Oscar Namechange

Yep all Change....

Congratulations to Nicky Henderson after Gold Cup Champion Bobs Worth beats Sir Des Champs at Leopardstown, Ireland and Takes The Lexus
Oscar Namechange

The video has just appeared on youtube,,,,

Wanna see the blunder that cost me £500 Boxing Day ?

Scroll video to 3.20 for last two fences.

2013 William Hill Christmas Hurdle - My Tent Or Yours - YouTube

HA.... you wait until Cheltenham In March My Tent Or Yours.... you don't like that hill do you?

Return to “Sports”