Flying Figaros and All That Kinda Stuff.

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

There are over fifty mythological creatures that could fly and 99.99 if not 100% of them date back to a period in our past when according to scientists, only birds, bats and winged insects were capable of such a feat. (Well maybe gods.)

The most well known throughout the world are fairies, dragons, angels (messengers of the gods.)

The first mention of a dragon in history is in Sumeria 3rd Millennium B.C ... The nymphs from ancient Greek myths can be considered as fairies, and they existed as early as the time when Homer wrote "The Iliad" and "The Odyssey" (800-725 B.C.). Angels, well they are mentioned in Genesis and who knows when that was written … some say 4000BC.

So where and how did these writers come up with the notion that these super naturals thingees could fly?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The tales go back long before anyone thought to write them down, so they could have started as tales some dad told his kid around late night campfires that were remembered, and embellished through the generations, to one day be written down.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

So where and how did these writers come up with the notion that these super naturals thingees could fly?

Are you seriously suggesting that our ancestors were not capable of imagining flying beings and telling fantasy stories but must have actually seen such a thing? Can't wait for your theory on santa claus.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Video -- World's Weirdest: Flying Dragon -- National Geographic

Who knows how large they really were back in the day.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

gmc;1442524 wrote: Are you seriously suggesting that our ancestors were not capable of imagining flying beings and telling fantasy stories but must have actually seen such a thing? Can't wait for your theory on santa claus.

I am always willing to discuss aspects of what I have posted with earthlings who want to seriously challenge what I have said.

However once Santa Claus enters the equation your bona fides no longer carry any weight.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Lady J;1442543 wrote: Video -- World's Weirdest: Flying Dragon -- National Geographic

Who knows how large they really were back in the day.

I'm aware that you like The Chosen One are a believer in faeries Lulu and that you have an open mind ...

I will always interact with you on these boards.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well we have flying fish and the way animals become extinct it is not only probable but most likely . Saying something didn't exist because we can't see them is a little ignorant. Yhere is a lot of speculation on old writings and the premise that all is religious or mythical or fairy tale seems to put our ancestors in a position of weirdoes. I don't think they were.

Return to “Paranormal Science”