The Betfair Chase 2013

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase 2013

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Saturday see's the first of the Grade 1 Steeplechasing races of the season and with this line up, I'm heading to Haydock Park.

This Is a race I am not going to put serious money on simply because the top betting see's all the entrants In with chances.

What we will see Is a good Indicator of odds for the Gold Cup In 2014.

The leading 5 horses are also lined up for the King George VI Chase on Boxing Day and 5 of those leading 6 horses are also lined up for the Gold Cup.

Nicky Henderson has former Gold Cup winner Long Run going up against this years Gold Cup winner Bobs Worth.

The entries are: Bobs Worth; Cape Tribulation; Cloudy Too; Cue Card; Dynaste; First Lieutenant; Harry Topper; Imperial Commander; Long Run; Mr Moonshine; Prince de Beauchene; Roi du Mee; Silviniaco Conti; The Giant Bolster; Tidal Bay; Wayward Prince. -

Over 3 miles and 18 fences, It's a gruelling race for any Grade 1 due to the amount of fences and sharp bends.

I think that the result on the day will be down to going among the top 5. For me, It's a 5 horse race between Bobs Worth, Silviniaco Conti, Cue Card, Dynaste, Long Run.... but......

Roi Du Mee Impressed me hugely last week when he beat one of the fastest horses In training, Sizing Europe.

Also winning last week, one can't rule out the old warrior Tidal Bay heart of a lion who just never gives up. If we see soft to heavy going, these are the two that may just upset the result.

However, I'll stick my neck out and go with my gut feeling.......

Silviniaco Conti all the way.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
peleus

The Betfair Chase 2013

Post by peleus »

Cue Card might be the wild card here. It will be interesting to see though.
Never quit.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase 2013

peleus;1440636 wrote: Cue Card might be the wild card here. It will be interesting to see though.

Yeah, I've put him In the first 5... he certainly gave First Luitenant a beating over Cheltenham In March, Depends how fit Colin Tizzard has him.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase 2013

Following the 5 day declarations, 10 will go to post Saturday.

I've got 5/2 with Ladbrookes for Silvinaco Conti and 20/1 place for Roi Du Mee with Corals who I predict will be backed down on the day. Might add a r/v f/c with Bobs Worth and SC also.

Bobs Worth 2/1

Silviniaco Conti 5/2

Dynaste 5

Cue Card 7

Tidal Bay 8

Long Run 10

The Giant Bolster 16

Roi Du Mee 16

Prince De Beauchene 25

Cloudy Too 33
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase 2013

Prince De Beauchene and Cloudy Too withdrawn today from the Betfair Saturday.

Noel Fehily will ride Silviniaco Conti as Nichol's star Jockey Daryl Jacob will be at Ascot riding Zarkander and Al Ferof

Noel has ridden Silviniaco Conti previously winning on him at Ascot 3 years ago.

However, Sam Twiston-Davis Is a possible on Tidal Bay and this may change everything given Sam rode him to victory at Wetherby 3 weeks ago.

Two additional bets for me at Ascot.

Straight wins on both Al Ferof and Zarkander

nagging doubt..... Tidal Bay and Sam Twiston-Davis ???? hmmmm
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase 2013

oscar;1440641 wrote: Yeah, I've put him In the first 5... he certainly gave First Luitenant a beating over Cheltenham In March, Depends how fit Colin Tizzard has him.

Fit ???? The horse was nothing short of devastating.

Got In his stride all the way and maintained It.

Result of the Betfair Chase.

1st..... Cue Card.

2nd......Dynaste

3rd......Silviniaco Conti

No winnings for me but Silviniaco Conti ran a damn good race beating Gold Cup winners Bobs Worth and Long Run That for me Is the Important thing. On the day with the right going, I am still confident he can win the 2014 Gold Cup.

Return to “Sports”