Sniffer dogs to wear bootee's so not to offend Muslims

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Police sniffer dogs to wear bootees during house searches to avoid offending Muslims | Mail Online

I can see the sense somewhere In Sniffer dogs wearing bootee's In Mosque's Not everyone In that Mosque will be under police Investigation, however, If police have enough evidence that sniffer dogs are needed to search a Muslim home, then the fact that they may be plotting an atrocity or supplying drugs or even grooming children, then why should we care If they are offended? I am offended by their actions.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, just because someone suspects you of a crime, it would be OK to run roughshod over your sensibilities? After all, you must have done something wrong to be suspected.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I get offended about a lot of stupid things but dogs with bare feet isn't one of them. I'm not sure I understand the rationale behind it.
Oscar Namechange

Muslims deem dog saliva unclean. The feet should thus not be offensive... what next ? Spit masks for sniffer dogs?

Beside's... Imagine the scenario... Your door has just been kicked In by England's finest, there's guns being pointed at you and the dogs wearing bootee's. You'd just have to laugh wouldn't you?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Or... your door's just been kicked in, the SWAT team is standing there in full gear and they have to stop to ask if you're Muslim so they can put the little slippers on their K9 members so you aren't offended. I think dog spit/bare feet would be the least of my worries.
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1439963 wrote: Or... your door's just been kicked in, the SWAT team is standing there in full gear and they have to stop to ask if you're Muslim so they can put the little slippers on their K9 members so you aren't offended. I think dog spit/bare feet would be the least of my worries.

Exactly !!! Especially with our police track record.

Stupid Police Raid Wrong House - YouTube
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

And they're laughing about it! Pretty stout door though, they had to hit it about five or six times.

When they raid the wrong houses here, there's usually a dog shot and killed. You know, just for fun since they didn't get to arrest anyone.
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1439965 wrote: And they're laughing about it! Pretty stout door though, they had to hit it about five or six times.

When they raid the wrong houses here, there's usually a dog shot and killed. You know, just for fun since they didn't get to arrest anyone.

Generally, UK police are animal lovers. If they don't get to arrest anyone, they'll just shoot someone else Instead. They tend to leave the animals alone.

Besides, It's animal cruelty expecting them to wear bootee's. They be bullied at work by other K9's, even laughed out of the police force. They'll feel victimised, humiliated, Isolated. Their career In tatters, they may have to claim unfair dismissal, even take their case to the European Court to seek justice. They may form a Union and take to rooftops to protest. They could call for strike action and we'll see the UK entire K9 force put their paws up and refuse to go to work.

The ramifications are enormous.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I think they can claim racism as well. Or would that be speciesism?
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1439969 wrote: I think they can claim racism as well. Or would that be speciesism?

Sniffer dogs In the UK tend to be Spaniels... I think It would be ' Spanielism'.

Sniffer Dog - Come Fly With Me - BBC One - YouTube
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

[QUOTE=oscar;1439954]Police sniffer dogs to wear bootees during house searches to avoid offending Muslims | Mail Online

I can see the sense somewhere In Sniffer dogs wearing bootee's In Mosque's Not everyone In that Mosque will be under police Investigation, however, If police have enough evidence that sniffer dogs are needed to search a Muslim home, then the fact that they may be plotting an atrocity or supplying drugs or even grooming children, then why should we care If they are offended? I am offended by their actions.[/QUOTE]

Which actions? The fact that the Police have raided their home is not proof that they have committed any actions to warrent that intrusion - they could easily be innocent bystanders to yet another bureaucratic cock-up.

May be does not equate to fact even though your quite happy to act as though it does.
Oscar Namechange

oscar;1439954 wrote: Police sniffer dogs to wear bootees during house searches to avoid offending Muslims | Mail Online

I can see the sense somewhere In Sniffer dogs wearing bootee's In Mosque's Not everyone In that Mosque will be under police Investigation, however, If police have enough evidence that sniffer dogs are needed to search a Muslim home, then the fact that they may be plotting an atrocity or supplying drugs or even grooming children, then why should we care If they are offended? I am offended by their actions.
Bryn Mawr;1440307 wrote:

Which actions? The fact that the Police have raided their home is not proof that they have committed any actions to warrent that intrusion - they could easily be innocent bystanders to yet another bureaucratic cock-up.

May be does not equate to fact even though your quite happy to act as though it does.

Come on then Bryn... If It reaches the level where your house Is being searched by Sniffer Dogs, It's fair to assume that some level of monitoring has gone In before a raid. So what are the stats for Inaccurate raids against bono fide raids ?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1440308 wrote:

Come on then Bryn... If It reaches the level where your house Is being searched by Sniffer Dogs, It's fair to assume that some level of monitoring has gone In before a raid. So what are the stats for Inaccurate raids against bono fide raids ?

So you are effectively saying that anyone accused must be guilty or the Police would not have accused them?

If the answer to that is no then my original comment stands.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1440312 wrote: So you are effectively saying that anyone accused must be guilty or the Police would not have accused them?

If the answer to that is no then my original comment stands. Actually, you have a point.

Just found this:

Taxpayers pay £40,000 for botched raids by Lothian cops | Deadline News

However, I'd be Interested In finding some real figures for amount of successful raids VS botched raids.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1440314 wrote: Actually, you have a point.

Just found this:

Taxpayers pay £40,000 for botched raids by LothianÂ*cops | Deadline News

However, I'd be Interested In finding some real figures for amount of successful raids VS botched raids.

For as long as it is not 100% it is immaterial.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1440314 wrote: Actually, you have a point.

Just found this:

Taxpayers pay £40,000 for botched raids by LothianÂ*cops | Deadline News

For as long as it is not 100% it is immaterial.

Return to “People”