Depressed and I feel like I am obsessed with him! Please help and Please read!!!

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
PartyParis

Depressed and I feel like I am obsessed with him! Please help and Please read!!!

Post by PartyParis »

Please read, cause I am so confused. It all started when this guy Ryan started working for my dad's construction company and he would stare at me like deep stares. Then he got my number called and texted me incessantly for awhile. He also asked me out a lot, but because he works for my dad and my cousin was convincing me he was a bad guy and telling me stories about him, and I believed her, so I rejected. I felt such a connection though with him that I figured I will figure it out for myself if he is a bad guy. So I kept talking to him and we went out with friends, never one on one, but everytime I went out with him I had so much fun with him! Even our friends said "you two are a duo" cause of our humor and the pranks we did. I loved hanging out with him. But I knew the reality that I couldn't be with him, cause of him working for my dad and such. Well we were just friends. He then called me up and told him his deepest issues, and I helped him through his tough times. I felt even more connected to him.

Everytime we went out with friends he always tried to kiss me. He also says "I love you" a lot to me. Like he was deeply staring at me and then he walked by me and said "I love you" But I was getting comfortable with him enough to go out with him one on one. When I was about to tell him I liked him and wanted to date him he told me he liked some other girl. So he texts me on my birthday and then I don't text him back and then he calls me and says "we should do something later, let's do something!" so I text him later do something and it ends up he is at a restaurant with friends and Natalie (the girl he likes)

He blows me off, basically. So I went to a party and I found out that he has been with Natalie for 3 months! and he was trying to go out with me and kiss me and even offered to get a hotel with me well within the 3 months. So I was baffled but I knew that he was with Natalie. So just like 2 weeks ago my dad mentions this guy;s name I like and Ryan got all jelaous. He gets very very jealous of guys which is another thing but I don't want to get into that, but he does get possessive of other guys and questions the hell out of me. So anyways Ryan got all jealous and he said "What? Roxy is way too hot for him, she is also way too good for him!" "If those 2 date I will never speak to her again" Like why does he care if he has a girlfriend? And he never complimented me to my face so that was odd. Then like a week later my dad gives me a puzzled look and I say "What's wrong dad?" He says "Ryan said that you two have been dating for past 3 months is that true?" I laughed and said "Well all we've been doing is talking" I had to convince my dad it wasn;t true, and when I confronted Ryan he said he was just joking.

So he is doing all of this in the mist of his relationship with this girl Natalie, whom I know as well. He admits to other people that they are dating, but he denies it to me. Like he'll bring her up to me, and then I will jokingly hint if they are having sex and he will deny it. Like I said "Are you guys friends with benefits?" He said "NO!" My dad also said innocently are you dating Natalie, and Ryan also denied that and it was just him and my dad. He brings her up though to me, but he denies being in a relationship with her. My friend said he is definitely lying cause he is very detailed about their sex life, and he said they have been together. Which I can tell anyways, but yet he denies it to me?

He also has been distant, and barely calls or texts me anymore but yet he has been doing this stuff. Also I will add in another story, that I had to take Ryan home and he mad me stop at a store, and then when we got back in the car he said "So was this our first date? Does this mean we are dating?" I said "Haha our first date at Rite Aid? And buddy you have a girlfriend!" He got all quiet.

Like why does he care who I date if he is in a relationship? He messes with my emotions, and I feel obsessed with him. Like I just saw him 3 days ago and it feels like years like I want to see him again! I miss him so much! I have been going out with other guys, but they just don't seem to cut it. They are not like him. I just think "I wish I was out with Ryan" I think about hi 24/7 I feel crazy! I never acted this way about any guy, and I don't know what he wants from me. I feel like I am so attached to him, but yet he has a girlfriend that he denies to me about, and he barely calls or texts me anymore. He is making me feel like I am not top priority and that I am nothing now, and I just am very sad and depressed cause I really do like him a lot. I just feel like he consumes my mind. Help me, cause I feel crazy and sorry for this long post, I just want to be very detailed and tell what you think his actions are? Please help! Am I crazy!

Just would like to add too that my friend said not to mention my name to this one girl (stupid drama) and he said "You know I can't go one day without mentioning Roxy" like he always seems infatuated with me when he sees me, but like I said above there are other things that makes it confusing. And when we were in the store he said "Wanna makeout" but he said it almost like his brain was thinking it but it wasn't suppose to come out, lol! He also keeps bringing up this guy that I went out with, and he keeps insulting him. I am just so confused! ANd I feel obsessed!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Three words.

Dump the chump

two more words.

Move on.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1439468 wrote: Three words.

Dump the chump

two more words.

Move on.

nuff said
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I'd like to hear his side of the story.:sneaky:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

RUN!!!! and RUN FAST!!! ...This will not end well for you . :(
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

YZGI;1439482 wrote: I'd like to hear his side of the story.:sneaky:

Do you think this one might be the stalker? :sneaky:
PartyParis

Post by PartyParis »

I need serious answers! Like I am seriously depressed and feel like I am sucked in his trap or something. But what do you guys mean when you want to hear his side of the story? I pretty much said most of it in this post.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

PartyParis, I've given you serious answers. Firstly he lies to you .... He's lying to his girlfriend by coming onto you behind her back. He's lied to your dad. If he has a girlfriend you have no business being with him. He has no business being jealous of you with other males.

Move on. He's a dick. He's a player and I gave you advice in the last thread you posted on this topic. You are hurting yourself by even thinking of this person.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You've just listed a whole lot of stuff about this guy.

List what it is you actually like about this guy? If you like him so much list his qualities and attributes that you seem to be so attached to. So far I cannot personally see any.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

PartyParis;1439521 wrote: I need serious answers! Like I am seriously depressed and feel like I am sucked in his trap or something. But what do you guys mean when you want to hear his side of the story? I pretty much said most of it in this post.

I think the answers we gave you were quite serious.

I know mine was.

Walk away and save your soul. Maybe even save his in the process.

Just walk away.
- DH Lawrence
PartyParis

Post by PartyParis »

LarsMac;1439528 wrote: I think the answers we gave you were quite serious.

I know mine was.

Walk away and save your soul. Maybe even save his in the process.

Just walk away.

Trust me! I wish I could! I somehow have this major attraction to him that I cant break and I feel ****ing crazy lol! I never felt or acted this way about any guy! I am so confused! But thanks for commenting!
PartyParis

Post by PartyParis »

@Fuzzywuzzy thanks for answering! Sorry if I seem rude. I am just very confused and I have high emotions right now. The qualities I can list about him, well I think I am just very infatuated with his personality. I love how unique and funny he is. I am the jokester/funny/goofy type and he is just like me! I just have so much fun with him, and I tried to go out with other guys but they just don't seem to cut it. I just think to myself "Why can't I be with Ryan" and trust me!!! I never felt that way about any guy! I actually never believed in love, and I think what i'm feeling is love, haha! I don't know....maybe not.. but it's just weird for me. Cause I am the free spirited, partygirl, fun, goofy, prankster, jokester, laid back kind of a girl. I am not too fond of relationships, but when he entered my life for some reason I completely changed. I change my outlook on relationships, and I just really wanted to be around him constantly cause I just love his energy, personality, and his looks. I just feel so connected to him. Also when he called me up and told me his problems, I felt the connection got deeper, cause I could relate to his troubles, cause me myself suffer from Anxiety and Depression. But of course there were red flags along the way that made me not go any further with him and made me cautious. But overall I am just really connected to him and his personality and I feel like all the other guys are cool, but they are not like Ryan, so I am not connected with them like I am to him. It just sucks. I wish I wasn't feeling this at all. But thank you!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

The more you obsess about him the further he will keep being out of your reach, that's the way this sort of attraction always pans out. He could be a soul mate which is why you feel this strong an attraction that takes over your whole life. Problem is though he's not a 'good' soul mate because he's playing games, he's not ready for the intensity and I think you will get hurt.

You have to just hang on in there and see how it pans out, no doubt there are important lessons to be learned even though you will end up going through the mill.

I don't think for one minute you would follow any advice to walk away and leave him well alone, you are on a path and you will take it no matter what anyone says around you.
Ronald_50

Post by Ronald_50 »

I think you should focus on yourself first. You should also love yourself before loving someone else. A guy will not value you if you give in easily and if you are too clingy. So for now, learn to live independently and with self respect.
brightlikeme

Post by brightlikeme »

i also want to know the other side of the story
DarrylC1

Post by DarrylC1 »

Ronald_50;1459832 wrote: I think you should focus on yourself first. You should also love yourself before loving someone else. A guy will not value you if you give in easily and if you are too clingy. So for now, learn to live independently and with self respect. I couldn't agree more, learning to love and respect yourself is a great start to have a good relationship. also that kind of relationship is not a healthy one, you will just hurt yourself even more.
readingsbyrachel

Post by readingsbyrachel »

I can understand your situation but don't get upset with this incident, life is much more interesting...

you can take reference from https://www.readingsbyrachel.com/
spot

Post by spot »

readingsbyrachel;1517523 wrote: I can understand your situation but don't get upset with this incident, life is much more interesting...

readingsbyrachel;1517522 wrote: Can Intuitive tarot card readers solve your all problems and satisfies your queries?

This is from the Ethics Code Statement of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association:

We practice openness about the relationship between consumers, advocates, and marketers. We encourage word of mouth advocates to disclose their relationship with marketers in their communications with other consumers. We don't tell them specifically what to say, but we do instruct them to be open and honest about any relationship with a marketer and about any products or incentives that they may have received.

We stand against shill and undercover marketing, whereby people are paid to make recommendations without disclosing their relationship with the marketer.

http://www.womma.org/ethics/code/read/

Perhaps the agent in India - "readingsbyrachel" - who posted the thread would like to to disclose his or her marketing relationship with the sites linked in her profile and posts.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

readingsbyrachel;1517523 wrote: I can understand your situation but don't get upset with this incident, life is much more interesting...

I object to this, someone is struggling and you want to pack them off to see a medium implying they have the cure or some sort of relief for them. It seems to me you've very carefully worded your post to stay on the right side of our ethics. But you still targeted a vulnerable person, that's considered bad practice amongst us mediums.
spot

Post by spot »

I notice that the clairvoyant's Facebook page has been closed, presumably by Facebook itself - the account holder seems not to have seen that coming. I also note 65,000 hits when it's googled which looks extremely fishy.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1517532 wrote: I notice that the clairvoyant's Facebook page has been closed, presumably by Facebook itself - the account holder seems not to have seen that coming. I also note 65,000 hits when it's googled which looks extremely fishy.

No, the page is still open it's her business hours that state Closed.
Bernardrichii

Post by Bernardrichii »

I think you should give a time to yourself to overcome all this because time is best medicine for all. After some time when you will busy in your work you will forget all those things that hurts you.

Nursing home UK
Caregiver and Garden Activity Co-ordinator
spot

Post by spot »

Bernardrichii;1520660 wrote: time is best medicine for all.That's a strange notion. Nobody survives time. You're suggesting the ideal condition for all people is death? And you work at a nursing home?
annasanders12

Post by annasanders12 »

I beg you to save yourself from the misery he's causing you. You deserve an amazing guy like you. [blatant and completely irrelevant product placement by a word-of-mouth agent in Manila removed by an outraged moderator]
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

annasanders12;1521849 wrote: I beg you to save yourself from the misery he's causing you. You deserve an amazing guy like you. [blatant and completely irrelevant product placement by a word-of-mouth agent in Manila removed by an outraged moderator]

This is why I love you spot.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1520661 wrote: That's a strange notion. Nobody survives time. You're suggesting the ideal condition for all people is death? And you work at a nursing home?

Ok, for this one too.
spot

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1521851 wrote: Ok, for this one too.

I just had a really odd text exchange on my phone...

"When's your birthday?" - 2062 - "What?" - That's when I'll be 111 - "Good luck with that!"

I'd thought it was a Hobbit question. People are very strange sometimes.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I'm surprised this thread has suddenly come alive again.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1521853 wrote: I'm surprised this thread has suddenly come alive again.

It is amazing what a random Drive-by n00B will find worthy of rejuvenation.
- DH Lawrence
AlexCaro

Re: Depressed and I feel like I am obsessed with him! Please help and Please read!!!

Post by AlexCaro »

since this thread is alive now, any updates about your story?
The most interesting thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it. :D
Bryn Mawr

Re: Depressed and I feel like I am obsessed with him! Please help and Please read!!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AlexCaro wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:00 pm since this thread is alive now, any updates about your story?
That was eighteen months ago and the op hasn’t posted in six years!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

We can make it a happy ending, they married and had six children, she's no longer obsessed but blissfully happy.

(a pig just flew over)
AlexCaro

Post by AlexCaro »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:12 am
AlexCaro wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:00 pm since this thread is alive now, any updates about your story?
That was eighteen months ago and the op hasn’t posted in six years!
At least we can hope for a happy ending for both of them
The most interesting thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it. :D
Lingeriegirlie1976

Post by Lingeriegirlie1976 »

He is nothing but a game player. And a stupid one for playing mind games with the bosses daughter. He will hurt you very very badly in the end. I know first hand how incredibly difficult this is but you have to cut all contact. NOW. Block him on social media and your phone. Also you need to tell your dad that one of his employees is treating you like this.
spot

Post by spot »

Lingeriegirlie1976 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:20 am He is nothing but a game player. And a stupid one for playing mind games with the bosses daughter. He will hurt you very very badly in the end. I know first hand how incredibly difficult this is but you have to cut all contact. NOW. Block him on social media and your phone. Also you need to tell your dad that one of his employees is treating you like this.
If we can be of help to you I think you'll need to be a little less oblique. You're surely aware that you're replying to a post from eight years ago with an emphatic NOW in your response.
Arthur233

Post by Arthur233 »

Exactly, you have to wait. No one will write you back after so many years.
sproutfigcherry

Post by sproutfigcherry »

It's totally normal to feel confused with Ryan's mixed signals. You're not crazy for feeling attached to him, but remember, you deserve honesty and respect. Take some time for yourself and talk to friends or a counselor for perspective. Don't settle for anything less than you deserve. ;)
spot

Post by spot »

sproutfigcherry wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:15 pm It's totally normal to feel confused with Ryan's mixed signals. You're not crazy for feeling attached to him, but remember, you deserve honesty and respect. Take some time for yourself and talk to friends or a counselor for perspective. Don't settle for anything less than you deserve. ;)
That was not the general opinion ten years ago, to be honest. The balance of the thread was rather more critical.

You're very welcome on the forum, we don't get many visitors. By all means start any conversations you'd be interested in and those of us who are regularly online will be delighted to join in.
Comi23

Post by Comi23 »

Hey, I know depression can last a while to some individuals, I want to also expose my point of view on your issue

I'm truly sorry to hear that you're going through such a confusing and emotionally challenging situation. It sounds like you've been caught in a complex web of mixed signals from this person, and it's completely understandable that you're feeling overwhelmed.

In situations like this, it's essential to prioritize your own well-being and emotional health. It's clear that his actions and words have been inconsistent and have caused you distress. It's important to remember that you deserve honesty, clarity, and respect in any relationship, whether it's romantic or friendship.

Consider taking some time for self-reflection and setting clear boundaries. If possible, have an open and honest conversation with him about your feelings and seek clarification on the nature of your relationship. However, it's crucial to be prepared for the possibility that he may not provide the answers or consistency you're looking for.

If this situation continues to affect your mental and emotional health, reaching out to a trusted friend, family member, or even a mental health professional can provide valuable support and perspective. Remember that your feelings are valid, and you deserve to be in relationships that bring you happiness, understanding, and security.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”