depression

Issues relating specifically to men's health.
Lone Wolf

depression

Post by Lone Wolf »

2 years have gone..right back were a started, will it never end im sure there are people with more problems than i , and i do feel for them , but just dont no how much more of life i can take ....
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.

koan

depression

Post by koan »

There are two reasons I'll never commit suicide no matter how bad things seem: I don't want to have to come back again (if you believe in reincarnation, as I do) and I refuse to let anyone, including God, anyone win.

It may seem stupid but it gives me something to fight for.
Ahso!

depression

Post by Ahso! »

lostidentity;1353655 wrote: 2 years have gone..right back were a started, will it never end im sure there are people with more problems than i , and i do feel for them , but just dont no how much more of life i can take ....It looks to me like your depression has gotten your survival another two years then. Perhaps it's become a safe place for you.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

depression

Post by Ahso! »

koan;1353668 wrote: There are two reasons I'll never commit suicide no matter how bad things seem: I don't want to have to come back again (if you believe in reincarnation, as I do) and I refuse to let anyone, including God, anyone win.

It may seem stupid but it gives me something to fight for.Whatever it takes, right? :)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lone Wolf

depression

Post by Lone Wolf »

Ahso!;1353676 wrote: It looks to me like your depression has gotten your survival another two years then. Perhaps it's become a safe place for you.

thanks for the replies

thing the only thing that got me through the last 2 years was lieing / hanging on and hopeing....i just want to happy not safe i went on a course this morning

ment to be helping people back to a normal life , it was a group thing for 2 hrs felt worse when i left than when i went , as i was told i have to be on benifits to

get help.

at the end i waas the only one that walked out of the door alone most of the other were chatting with some one, dont thing anyone even noticed id even gone

so back home to my bubble were im safe alone and unhappy not sure what i ever did to deserve a life like this , as im sure im being punished from some god

the only thing that keeps me going is the assame id bring on my family if i did end my life ( im not going to im to much of a coward ) and the fact that my parents

would have to pay my lease if anything happend to me or i lost my part time job.......i have as well as what seems to be cronic depression , i shot back and leaning

disabilities ..i feel most of the time as i use these as excuses and people say they are But i would like nothing better than these curses to be lifted

I remain in hope....i have a few thousand pound in the bank 4 months on the lease im thinking of leaving everything behind and jumping on a plain see were i

end up but people tell me thats just running away, i see it as looking for hope

LW

flopstock

depression

Post by flopstock »

koan;1353668 wrote: There are two reasons I'll never commit suicide no matter how bad things seem: I don't want to have to come back again (if you believe in reincarnation, as I do) and I refuse to let anyone, including God, anyone win.

It may seem stupid but it gives me something to fight for.

That's your logical rational mind speaking koan. I've just finished watching someone fight hard for almost six years. In the last several months he appeared to have checked out and IMO was no longer calling the shots. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that it can happen to anyone. If it happened to this guy, anyone is open to it.

If you are seriously starting to wonder how much more of life you can take, get yourself somewhere where others can keep you safe. It's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of the strength of mind you still have.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

depression

Post by Ahso! »

lostidentity;1353683 wrote: thanks for the replies

thing the only thing that got me through the last 2 years was lieing / hanging on and hopeing....i just want to happy not safe i went on a course this morning

ment to be helping people back to a normal life , it was a group thing for 2 hrs felt worse when i left than when i went , as i was told i have to be on benifits to

get help.

at the end i waas the only one that walked out of the door alone most of the other were chatting with some one, dont thing anyone even noticed id even gone

so back home to my bubble were im safe alone and unhappy not sure what i ever did to deserve a life like this , as im sure im being punished from some god

the only thing that keeps me going is the assame id bring on my family if i did end my life ( im not going to im to much of a coward ) and the fact that my parents

would have to pay my lease if anything happend to me or i lost my part time job.......i have as well as what seems to be cronic depression , i shot back and leaning

disabilities ..i feel most of the time as i use these as excuses and people say they are But i would like nothing better than these curses to be lifted

I remain in hope....i have a few thousand pound in the bank 4 months on the lease im thinking of leaving everything behind and jumping on a plain see were i

end up but people tell me thats just running away, i see it as looking for hope

LWI'm a believer that each person is responsible to themselves first, except for certain situations like where children who cannot support themselves are involved. If you feel ike going someplace else, that's your decision. We are nomadic by nature. If you trust your instincts and have the ability to adapt, who is anyone else to convince you otherwise?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Hoony Ready

depression

Post by Hoony Ready »

Hello,

There are many reasons to get depressed. For example, increased stress, loss of a loved one, job loss, irregular diet habits such as excessive amounts of carbohydrates or sugar, or the excessive consumption of drugs and alcohol etc.

Thanks

Hoony Ready
Marcus_padelford

depression

Post by Marcus_padelford »

Depression is dangerous disorder if not cured in a time , to cure this you must got to the doctor and take the appropriate treatment ....

:-3:-2
Lone Wolf

depression

Post by Lone Wolf »

well this is a full circle, not even sure what made me have a look to see if the web site was still here after all these years, the things you do and think about while laying in bed at 9 in the morning,,

well its been a bumby ride since i started this thread but im still here, ive been in a volatile controlling relation ship for some years but now 5 months escaped from that..it had some good times but it certainly wasnt good for me..i still havent shaken off the depression seems ill be stuck with it for life but have found a few things that are a tonic,

im not one for been on my own but find it difficult to find anyone nice to be with , its prob my nature that prevents that, but if i can find a nice natured caring some one thats a tonic....i also struggle at work doesnt do much for my self esteem so im working on that ,

maybe ill delete this name and account and come back as some one else a new person ! a thought

Týr

depression

Post by Týr »

lostidentity;1438388 wrote: maybe ill delete this name and account and come back as some one else a new person ! a thought

You may if you wish, though I reckon continuity over the years counts for a lot and nothing you've written since you joined stands against you. You're very welcome to butt in anywhere, we don't bite.

I'm a third of the way through a book which I find fairly convincing in its description of depression's processes. I'd be interested if anyone else has got that far through it. It's The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness: Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal, Jon Kabat-Zinn
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Lone Wolf

depression

Post by Lone Wolf »

Týr;1438393 wrote: You may if you wish, though I reckon continuity over the years counts for a lot and nothing you've written since you joined stands against you. You're very welcome to butt in anywhere, we don't bite.

I'm a third of the way through a book which I find fairly convincing in its description of depression's processes. I'd be interested if anyone else has got that far through it. It's The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness: Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal, Jon Kabat-Zinn

im happy to butt in :wah: ive met some nice kind people on here , justa shame people are so far away, ive not been on for years as i couldnt , long story but im free from that now i can please myself what i do :wah:....

i wish i could read books , theres a wealth of knowledge out there that i would love

to know, But i have ADD and find books and learning difficult, im far from dumb just cant lean from books and have a terrible short term memory problem, ive forgotten whats on page one by the time ive got to end of page 2 ..:-3 i did manage to read a book on ADD but took me 6 months .

if any people are reading this that i spoke to all those years ago i apologize for disappearing , happy to chat via PM and explain ...

my reason for changing name , was a fresh new beginning to start fresh as a new person with negativity, it was more for me ....my mind works in strange ways :-2

fuzzywuzzy

depression

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's good to see you back. :-4

Shelbell and patsy would have missed you ...but no matter . I know shellybelly is doing quite well. And Patsy is still here :)

I suffered depression a long long time ago . I understand that heaviness. But eventually you do get out of it .........well maybe . But it can be used to your advantage.

Just on the relationship note . I havent wanted to kill myself since my divorce/seperation 5 years ago. Before then it was horrible, long story, I may write about it one day . And why we think/or made to think, the things we do that lead us down that horrible road.

Anyway chin up mate . (as stupid as that sounds :) )
Betty Boop

depression

Post by Betty Boop »

lostidentity;1438394 wrote: im happy to butt in :wah: ive met some nice kind people on here , justa shame people are so far away, ive not been on for years as i couldnt , long story but im free from that now i can please myself what i do :wah:....

i wish i could read books , theres a wealth of knowledge out there that i would love

to know, But i have ADD and find books and learning difficult, im far from dumb just cant lean from books and have a terrible short term memory problem, ive forgotten whats on page one by the time ive got to end of page 2 ..:-3 i did manage to read a book on ADD but took me 6 months .

if any people are reading this that i spoke to all those years ago i apologize for disappearing , happy to chat via PM and explain ...

my reason for changing name , was a fresh new beginning to start fresh as a new person with negativity, it was more for me ....my mind works in strange ways :-2

I get the point of the name change, what you give out is what you get, so being known as lostidentity is rather negative. Might be worthwhile asking if a change to your current name could be sorted.
LarsMac

depression

Post by LarsMac »

Týr;1438393 wrote: You may if you wish, though I reckon continuity over the years counts for a lot and nothing you've written since you joined stands against you. You're very welcome to butt in anywhere, we don't bite.

Looks interesting. Mindfulness is a Zen way of being. Meditation is what got me this far.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
messo

depression

Post by messo »

Lone Wolf;1117231 wrote: has anyone had it, did you get over it

seems to be a never ending story, feel so low all the time,no sure

how much more i can take,i try to be possative and get up with a

smile,but cant make it last,this has been going on now fora little

over 2 years, but if im honest not sure when i was last happy so

may be longer..

The book 'Let Go' by Herbert Benoit kicked depression out of my life decades ago, and its never been back. Of course you gotta do more than just read it, you have to make it a part of daily life.

Return to “Men's Health”