tomorrow I become a health nut.

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I have gone to hell in a hand basket the last few months health wise. Since I wasn't walking because it was too hot. I sat around and snacked instead.

I'm only buying fresh foods and I'm going back to walking a couple of miles a night.

I'm even going to take a before pic and put it on the fridge... that should keep me clear of the door.

What's everyone else doing to stay alive longer?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

valerie

Post by valerie »

One thing I do is I have a handful of blueberries

on my oatmeal pretty much every day. In the

colder months of the year, costs about a dollar

a day, but I'm worth it!

My walks and 35 sit-ups and 50 push-ups a day,

and all the housework I can handle and that about

covers it. Don't worry about my weight really, never

climb on a scale and if I do at the doctors, I step

up backwards and tell them I don't want to know

what it says! Works out pretty great.

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1436888 wrote: What's everyone else doing to stay alive longer?

Trying not to worry about it too much.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I've been doing this for a few years now and I'm pretty healthy except for being a lazy fatass... I very VERY seldom eat anything with much sodium since I tend to retain water like a sponge. I desperately try to avoid high fructose corn syrup by eating fresh, unprocessed foods as much as I can. I eat fresh fruit with plain greek yogurt, raw honey and raw coconut flakes for dessert. I take quite a few supplements like Vitamin D, Flax seed oil capsules, etc. I've changed to almond milk for my coffee and I drink hibiscus tea the rest of the day when I'm not drinking water. I've cut way back on my alcohol consumption.

Bet you're sorry you asked. :P
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have to lose weight also. It's not what I eat as I do cook only fresh food but It's the amount I eat.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm trying to honor myself, something I was never taught & never before learned how to do. This is working up to a certain point, it's helping me to at least be aware of what I'm doing to myself. I meditate daily & this really helps me understand myself & life better. I haven't been a very self-disciplined person for awhile now--I've had serious health problems for 10 years--but each day I try.

I spend too much time on the internet. It really interferes with many things I should be doing to improve myself & my surroundings. Excuses, excuses; Manana, manana.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I did great until lunch and then it was a run out for chili cheese dogs and cheesy fries to celebrate what an awful morning we'd had in the IT department..

I'll go home and walk a couple of miles tonight ... if I ever get out of here!:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

:-3chili cheese dogs and cheesy fries <------- that right there is going to kill you before lack of exercise.

I had a look at a friends 'lite and easy' diet schedule. Every hour she was eating something. She had to force herself because she was so full all of the time. Everything was natural and good for you though. She lost so much weight it was unbelievable, and very very quickly too..
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Fuzz, can you give more detailed information about your friend's lite & easy diet? Can it be found online? Sounds healthy, & something I would like to try. Thanks!

eta--just looked on Google. Is this plan only for Australia? Is it only based on a delivery of their food which you must buy?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I'm eating fresh cucumbers(from my garden) for my afternoon snack. I can't eat the ones from the store anymore because the waxing leaves a bad taste.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

No no no that's why I've never got into Lite and easy ...it's planned that to lose weight you don't have to cook etc. I don't like that part of it ...but the schedule itself is brilliant.

Yes basically they pack all your food for two weeks and deliver it to you ....that's the bit I don't like about it. But if you do it yourself (they have the ingredients of the meals ) it's much the same anyhow.

http://www.liteneasy.com.au/nova/librar ... 20Menu.pdf

this one is the ingredients and nutritional table to the meals . there is a lot of proccessing going on here, so I just use what it says about the real food and dismiss the rest.

http://www.liteneasy.com.au/nova/librar ... nch-88.PDF

One thing I did notice about the plan was they don't give you a huge amount of Meat with the meals. Instead with the meat they give you mushrooms and capsicum .....which fills you up . (I also saw that on Doctor Oz once) Vegies use mushroom and capsicum as a source of protein and to make them feel full.

hope this helps I've tried my own version of this last summer and it worked.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh and the Heart foundation has some really cool recipies as well. a friend of mine had a heart attack a couple of months back and I was looking through the books they gave him at the hospital.I looked a the recipy books and thinking ...YUM!!!!

Pages�- default

In my view cooking gets you off your butt and there's a reward at the end lol
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thank you fuzz I will give your links serious attention. :-)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Your welcome Anne. In the heart foundation recipies they don't use sugars or salts all your tastes comes from natural spices and such . So it tastes like the meals are full of salt and sugars.

My friend loves his salt and I almost keeled over the first time I saw how much salt he put on his meals. So the recipies are exellent if you have a high cholesterol level.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I'd love to find a simple table to substitute healthy ingredients for those called for in recipes. For example, if the recipe calls for a cup of heavy cream, I'm sure that there is something that will taste somewhat similar.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oh, Flop do we really have to talk about this again?:wah:

We went on a road trip for 3 weeks - I ate my way to China. I rewarded myself with

Taco flavor Doritos - a damn bag a day...:yh_rotfl

Since Aug. 9 I've given up Carbs. I eat only fresh fruit - vegs - and meat.

I had a piece of toast the other day - I've had a hand full of M&M's - but I'm not having large sandwich's at lunch every day. So, I just stopped the Carbs and now I'm not interested in having any Carbs actually.

Since Aug. 9 I've lost 15 pounds

I suppose everything in moderation - but I need to be a little extreme to my system at first - I'm old.:yh_rotfl

There is a diet out - many have had great results - I haven't looked into it

It's called OMNI. Some friends went on it & are having big results.

Good luck - again

Patsy

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”