Gareth Bale.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
jones jones

Gareth Bale.

Post by jones jones »

Gareth Bale completed his move to Real Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday night, for a fee reputed to be around 100 million Euros or 86 million GBP.

Real Madrid have said that the price paid was actually a little less than what they paid for Ronaldo ... this of course to stroke Cristiano's ego.

Anyway. apparently young Gareth's salary will be in the region of 250,000 GBP a week.

Is it just me, or is there something obscene about paying this kind of money to a sportsman?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Oscar Namechange

Gareth Bale.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

He has a talent.... good luck to him.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Gareth Bale.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1435275 wrote: Gareth Bale completed his move to Real Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday night, for a fee reputed to be around 100 million Euros or 86 million GBP.

Real Madrid have said that the price paid was actually a little less than what they paid for Ronaldo ... this of course to stroke Cristiano's ego.

Anyway. apparently young Gareth's salary will be in the region of 250,000 GBP a week.

Is it just me, or is there something obscene about paying this kind of money to a sportsman?

Totally obscene. That the highest paid members of society (rather than the highest earners) are entertainers rather than producers reminds me of ancient Rome.
jones jones

Gareth Bale.

Post by jones jones »

Then again there's always this to consider which doesn't make it any less obscene mind ...

Spanish giants Real Madrid periodically sign good looking players. David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo are a case in point. Their latest signing Gareth Bale will also send their teenage female fans into a frenzy. This is a pretty astute marketing ploy given the high number of shirts that are sold.

I don’t know what a Real Madrid shirt costs, but a Man United shirt will set you back about 73GBP and that’s just the home strip. Given that Ronaldo is alleged to have sold about 1.2 million shirts and David Beckham about a million, do the maths and suddenly the price paid for Bale isn’t that much.

Both Robin Van Persie and Luis Suarez scored more goals than Bale last season, but then maybe they aren’t as cute as him!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

Return to “Sports”