Walmartians...

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The Latest Crop of WALMARTIANS … | Bear Tales

I know I shouldn't mock but we do have a British version of Walmart and people shopping like this called ' Asda'
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tude dog

Walmartians...

Post by tude dog »

oscar;1433462 wrote: The Latest Crop of WALMARTIANS … | Bear Tales

I know I shouldn't mock but we do have a British version of Walmart and people shopping like this called ' Asda'

Walmart is not known high class, but they are not with out competitors.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Snooz

Walmartians...

Post by Snooz »

There are people in the comment section insisting this woman is wearing pink shorts but I can't see them. Possibly underwear that's riding up her butt but definitely no shorts.

along-for-the-ride

Walmartians...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Clothing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"There exists a diverse range of styles in fashion, varying by geography, exposure to modern media, economic conditions, and ranging from expensive haute couture to traditional garb, to thrift store grunge."

"Thrift store grunge" worn for Walmart shopping can be appropriate if the clothes are clean, fit the body, and the body is clean.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

More

http://seriouslyforreal.com/funny/class ... s-33-pics/

I like the man who has toilet tissue trailing from his butt.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tabby

Walmartians...

Post by tabby »

???
Snooz

Walmartians...

Post by Snooz »

I wonder what her idea of "dressed up" is... crotchless panties and a gorilla head mask?
AnneBoleyn

Walmartians...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snooze: "There are people in the comment section insisting this woman is wearing pink shorts but I can't see them. Possibly underwear that's riding up her butt but definitely no shorts."

The shopper was abiding by the rule: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service. Doesn't say anything about pants!
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

This Is exactly why I shop at Sainsbury where security guards refuse entry to anyone not suitably attired.

I do not want to see arrsse crack whilst browsing through the button mushrooms and Mange Tout.

I was In Tesco Express one afternoon when a woman breezed In wearing pyjama's and slippers. She was one of those dreadful working class people with germs. Worse the cashier had enough grease In her hair to fry chips and weeping sores and spots and I took my custom elsewhere.

Standards people.
tude dog

Walmartians...

Post by tude dog »

oscar;1433947 wrote: Standards people.

Gosh, I hate snobs. :D
Snooz

Walmartians...

Post by Snooz »

People with germs are the worst.
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

SnoozeAgain;1433952 wrote: People with germs are the worst. Exactly and why I don't take public transport. I could find myself sat next to someone who has just put his penis In a goat or a chicken.
tude dog

Walmartians...

Post by tude dog »

oscar;1433953 wrote: Exactly and why I don't take public transport. I could find myself sat next to someone who has just put his penis In a goat or a chicken.

What a charmed life you lead to worry about penis's, goats and chickens. My neighbor around the corner raise sheep.

Oh the stories I could tell.;)
tabby

Walmartians...

Post by tabby »

Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

I understand and appreciate the criticisms of Walmart and the like and I agree with many of them. BUT, I also take into account the fact that because of the political climate over the past few decades, replacing the mom and pop businesses was a good thing to some extent. Those mom and pop stores were very, very selective of whom they hired and didn't hire many to begin with. The population is exploding and since we're not going to be serious about finding a way to curb that, we need jobs and lots of them. Walmart doesn't pay their people what they should but what's the alternative? Being shamed and ridiculed for accepting government help?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

Walmartians...

Post by tabby »

Wal Mart has a horrific history of blatant sexual discrimination against advancement of their women employees or even coming close to equal pay compensation. They aren't even subtle or subversive about it.

I don't know their record on how they treat racial minorities in the workplace.

Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

tabby;1434174 wrote: Wal Mart has a horrific history of blatant sexual discrimination against advancement of their women employees or even coming close to equal pay compensation. They aren't even subtle or subversive about it.Agreed. They're taking heat for that and I'm all for it. However, my argument stands.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

Walmartians...

Post by tabby »

I suppose I'm just not a "big business" fan, be it retail, government, banking, the mafia or any other overgrown and powerful institution. They have their uses but I just find them hard to embrace.
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

Nor am I. I'm a small business owner who has to deal with the arrogance of my larger competitors on a daily basis. I'd prefer everyone was self-employed, but that's not realistic. WalMart and the like are necessary in today's working environment. I think it's best to work towards getting this system working like it can and needs to.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

There goes a light hearted thread down the toilet.
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

Believe it or not, there are members here who appreciate mature discussions. You're not one. So what! You're loved regardless.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

Walmartians...

Post by tabby »

I sent these links yesterday via email to a friend of mine that lives in Chattanooga and I added the comment:

" I’m not a big Walmart shopper but when I do go I never see anyone like these people! I must just time it wrong!! I always just see regular looking people."

Her response was:

"I get a lot of our groceries there, and I've been lucky to see some of these people! There have been times when I see people that should be on that Walmart website!!"

Has anyone else seen people worthy of the Walmartian title??
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

Ahso!;1434184 wrote: Believe it or not, there are members here who appreciate mature discussions. You're not one. So what! You're loved regardless. Then go and write your own thread on Walmart Employee policy where you can be as mature as you like..... alone no doubt.
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

I hadn't looked at the OP until just now. Oh well, what else should I have expected?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1434186 wrote: Then go and write your own thread on Walmart Employee policy where you can be as mature as you like..... alone no doubt.Nah! I think I'll just add to this one for now. Thanks for the advice though. You can always lock the thread. There's a forum expert on that around here somewhere. I'm completely on topic too, though not in line with the tone of the op.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

Ahso!;1434187 wrote: I hadn't looked at the OP until just now. Oh well, what else should I have expected?

You stupid boy - YouTube
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

tabby;1434185 wrote: I sent these links yesterday via email to a friend of mine that lives in Chattanooga and I added the comment:

" I’m not a big Walmart shopper but when I do go I never see anyone like these people! I must just time it wrong!! I always just see regular looking people."

Her response was:

"I get a lot of our groceries there, and I've been lucky to see some of these people! There have been times when I see people that should be on that Walmart website!!"

Has anyone else seen people worthy of the Walmartian title?? I don't go there that often either. I've seen overweight people who don't dress well in lots of places. There's also no question that some of those photos are setups.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1434189 wrote: You stupid boy - YouTubeThat's right, Oscar, trivialize the discussion. It's what you do best. Hijack your own thread. :wah:

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

Ahso!;1434192 wrote: That's right, Oscar, trivialize the discussion. It's what you do best. Hijack your own thread. :wah:

Catherine Tate - Am I Bovvered - YouTube
Snooz

Walmartians...

Post by Snooz »

Dogs are slaves.
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

Sorry, I can't play roll-reversal with you - I'm not capable of hysteria.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

Ahso!;1434203 wrote: Sorry, I can't play roll-reversal with you - I'm not capable of hysteria.

Armstrong & Miller - WWII RAF Sketch - YouTube
AnneBoleyn

Walmartians...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

SnoozeAgain;1434200 wrote: Dogs are slaves.

:wah: :yh_rotfl :wah:

Where did that come from? Take me there!
Snooz

Walmartians...

Post by Snooz »

I don't remember the name of the thread but it was one of Tabby's brilliant finds with a cute dog video attached. We were all giggling like fiends over it until spot and Ahso came in and started the usual claptrap that pets would be better off dead than to be slaves of man. Oscar has a better memory than me, maybe she can dig it up.

I just thought it was funny to throw "dogs are slaves" into a thread Ahso is trying to highjack.
Snooz

Walmartians...

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn

Walmartians...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes, now I remember that!
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

SnoozeAgain;1434236 wrote: Hey, I managed to find it! Enjoy: http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/pets- ... -does.html

Enjoy ?

That was disgusting treatment of another thread.
tude dog

Walmartians...

Post by tude dog »

oscar;1434252 wrote: Enjoy ?

That was disgusting treatment of another thread.

Hijacking a thread is way to common, but it happens. Without thinking I've done that before, more than once.

Annoying to be sure, but once your OP goes a different direction, it is lost.
tude dog

Walmartians...

Post by tude dog »

What were we talking about?

:-2
AnneBoleyn

Walmartians...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1434255 wrote: Hijacking a thread is way to common, but it happens. Without thinking I've done that before, more than once.

Annoying to be sure, but once your OP goes a different direction, it is lost.

Oh, I don't know, it's a slice of life, things go off in different directions sometimes, but essentially related to the root. With me, things remind me of other things, don't mean to disrespect. In other words, So What?
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

AnneBoleyn;1434257 wrote: Oh, I don't know, it's a slice of life, things go off in different directions sometimes, but essentially related to the root. With me, things remind me of other things, don't mean to disrespect. In other words, So What? I've been as guilty as the next man for taking a thread off tangent. We have all done It. I have no problem with any of my threads being taken off by any member when It's genuine and no malice Is meant but It's when I hear the same old crap and agenda being spewed at any excuse to wax lyrical and worse, when the member knows they are doing It. That's when I get the hump.
AnneBoleyn

Walmartians...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I assume you are speaking of Intentions, am I right?
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

AnneBoleyn;1434263 wrote: I assume you are speaking of Intentions, am I right? It's examples where a member leaps In to a thread because they see an opportunity to push something else. It's so easy to just write a new thread with the agenda and topic they want.
Snooz

Walmartians...

Post by Snooz »

I've seen people/trolls comment on a story about grave markers being stolen, trying to make it a Republican/Democrat problem. That's not just taking a thread off tangent, that's boarding the crazy train and driving it into the bad part of crazy town. Same thing happens here, someone has an agenda they're determined to push and it doesn't really matter what the topic is, it gets perverted into what they want it to be. I get particularly annoyed when it's a cute animal thread.
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

SnoozeAgain;1434269 wrote: I've seen people/trolls comment on a story about grave markers being stolen, trying to make it a Republican/Democrat problem. That's not just taking a thread off tangent, that's boarding the crazy train and driving it into the bad part of crazy town. Same thing happens here, someone has an agenda they're determined to push and it doesn't really matter what the topic is, it gets perverted into what they want it to be. I get particularly annoyed when it's a cute animal thread.

Mind you, you do realise that at some point I will bring Immigration and welfare scroungers Into the equation don't you ?
Betty Boop

Walmartians...

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1434270 wrote: Mind you, you do realise that at some point I will bring Immigration and welfare scroungers Into the equation don't you ?

Or even your court case :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

Betty Boop;1434275 wrote: Or even your court case :yh_rotfl Who knows... maybe even a search for a council house :wah:

Yep, we've all done It haven't we?
Ahso!

Walmartians...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1434266 wrote: It's examples where a member leaps In to a thread because they see an opportunity to push something else. It's so easy to just write a new thread with the agenda and topic they want.

SnoozeAgain;1434269 wrote: I've seen people/trolls comment on a story about grave markers being stolen, trying to make it a Republican/Democrat problem. That's not just taking a thread off tangent, that's boarding the crazy train and driving it into the bad part of crazy town. Same thing happens here, someone has an agenda they're determined to push and it doesn't really matter what the topic is, it gets perverted into what they want it to be. I get particularly annoyed when it's a cute animal thread.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Walmartians...

Ahso joins Tude Dog for one of their deep, mature discussions.

History Today Part 2 - YouTube

Return to “People”