Swiss introduce apartheid like laws......

Open or closed borders?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Switzerland’s local authorities have introduced draconian restrictions which ban asylum-seekers from frequenting public places such as school playgrounds, swimming pools and libraries in a move angrily denounced by human rights groups as intolerable and racist

Is the whole world swinging to the right ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

OH, how shocking!

I dare say loitering around school playgrounds, swimming pools is more than a bit creepy. I would think those same people who do such things would not exactly be the kind I would like to see loitering in libraries with my children.

Many years ago I was out with a friend and he drove me home. I invited him up to my apartment to talk but he didn't have time so we just sat in his car chatting when the police pulled up. Two officers walked up and started grilling me. I presented my ID and told the officer what we were doing. I love it when the cop tries to trip me up by saying we were not parked at the address printed on my ID, anyway. He explained to me they were checking us out because I happen to live right next to an elementary school. That made sense to me.

Off the subject of creepy looking guys parked next to elementary schools I always got a laugh on what happened as they were leaving. The officers only talked to me, not my friend who was the driver. As they started to walk away my buddy asks why he was never questioned, which I was also curious about. The officer address my friend by name, tells him his address. He tells him they know him and are keeping a eye on him. Then the officers go to their car and leave. My buddy was freaked. How did they know all that??

What do they mean?

I started busting a gut laughing. I pointed to the back seat of his car where it was plainly visible to the officer a receipt for some work done on his car. Score one for the Los Angeles Police Dept.:wah:
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1433312 wrote: Switzerland’s local authorities have introduced draconian restrictions which ban asylum-seekers from frequenting public places such as school playgrounds, swimming pools and libraries in a move angrily denounced by human rights groups as intolerable and racist

Is the whole world swinging to the right ?

No - it's becoming more extreme in all directions.

OK, I'll bite - how is such a law racist?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

If you guys had done something like that to start with, you wouldn't be having all the problems you have now with foreigners.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I notice these are asylum seekers and not Immigrants.

It may be acceptable while they carry out any background checks on the asylum seekers.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Switzerland plays host to almost double the number of asylum-seekers per head of population of its European neighbours. It counts one refugee for every 332 inhabitants, compared to one per 625 inhabitants on the rest of the continent.

Has Switzerland a Labour government ?

I don't know if it's racist, but it is a frightening use of power
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I lived in Zurich in the late 1960's. Remember when there was a Yugoslavia? The Swiss imported them to do the sloppy work the Swiss wouldn't do. The government did not allow Yugoslav women in, only men. There were hoards of them, gangs of them, on weekends with nothing to do except bother women, not just stare, but grab. The Swiss had very strict laws concerning foreigners, even Americans & Western Europeans.

One night, an American girl & I were visiting someone in a sparsely populated area & left late. Going home, a Yugoslav man was just hanging out alone, but he still had the audacity to grab at us. I don't know what came over us, we had just had enough of these swarthy men w/out women---without a word between us we starting beating on this man until he lay on the ground crying. He was not tall, but muscular. One of my fondest memories.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The Swiss have a fairly unique country and culture, and they seem intent on keeping it that way.

I don't see the problem.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Saw this and thought about this thread......Oprah and a too expensive handbag

Return to “Immigration”