Honey Boo Boo

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
Oscar Namechange

Honey Boo Boo

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I enjoy most American TV shows especially the reality shows where I get a glimpse of life In the good ole USA....

But...

What In the name of God Is this all about?

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Trailer - TLC - YouTube

Do people really live like this ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Honey Boo Boo

Post by Scrat »

I think that that family was basically your average lower middle class American family. A LOT of Americans live much worse with much more. I was in a home in an upper middle class neighborhood and walked into a house over run by neglected cats, I not even going to try to describe it. Suffice to say I did what was necessary and got out as fast as I could. As for the beauty pageant thing sadly yes, it's a kind of a womens sport. Especially in the south.
valerie

Honey Boo Boo

Post by valerie »

There's a joke floating around somewhere, (paraphrasing) about

someone watching five minutes of that and Harvard calling and

asking for their degree back.

I've seen tiny bits here and there, but I can't for the life of me

see how it's so dang popular. I'm sorry, but the physical look

of those people just really turns me off. Yes, I'm overweight

and probably shouldn't talk, but they are just awful, and that

little girl is headed down an unhealthy road.

I did watch a bit of the mom when she was on Katie, and she

said something very level headed about not going crazy with

the money they are making, so that is a positive. And people

who do watch say that it is a very loving family.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Oscar Namechange

Honey Boo Boo

I'm no stranger to a tit bit myself so I agree, It's not the weight that puts me off.

TBH... my problem Is that I can't understand a word any of them says.

I don't like the whole beauty pageant thing myself but have to admit that there Is something quite endearing about Honey.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Honey Boo Boo

Post by Saint_ »

Americans, just like our geography, range far and wide. You can generalize in that Americans from certain area and states have a tendency to be a certain way. For example, the East coast is much more heavily populated and therefore more metropolitan, while the West is much more sparsely populated and tends to be more independent and less civilized. The South tends towards a lack of education while the North is so brutal and wild in places that it's people are almost native. Then there's the West coast...as liberal and trendy as it gets on the planet.

But, of course those are just stereotypes (which sometimes include grains of truth.)

As for Honey Boo Boo, I don't watch that either. It's depressing to me mostly because I view the child as ridiculously spoiled and catered to. I am pretty sure that she will have problems and baggage when she is older and that hurts me as an educator.

Which is not to say that I don't enjoy some trashy TV now and then. I like some of the stupid criminal shows and most of the reality shows.
johnmont

Honey Boo Boo

Post by johnmont »

oscar;1432282 wrote: I enjoy most American TV shows especially the reality shows where I get a glimpse of life In the good ole USA....

But...

What In the name of God Is this all about?

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Trailer - TLC - YouTube

Do people really live like this ?Their last name should MASSIVE coronary. A:thinking::thinking: bunch of fat slobs.
Oscar Namechange

Honey Boo Boo

johnmont;1432315 wrote: Their last name should MASSIVE coronary. A:thinking::thinking: bunch of fat slobs. That'll be an Immensely wealthy bunch of fat slobs now then.
gmc

Honey Boo Boo

Post by gmc »

Never watched no intention of watching it. No intention of watching this either.

The Scheme (Best of) - YouTube

Reality can be depressing who needs it..
johnmont

Honey Boo Boo

Post by johnmont »

gmc;1432374 wrote: Never watched no intention of watching it. No intention of watching this either.

The Scheme (Best of) - YouTube

Reality can be depressing who needs it..Were they speaking English?:confused::confused::confused:
gmc

Honey Boo Boo

Post by gmc »

johnmont;1432386 wrote: Were they speaking English?:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, with a Kilmarnock/ayrshire accent although there were also bits of broad scots dialect in it.
johnmont

Honey Boo Boo

Post by johnmont »

oscar;1432358 wrote: That'll be an Immensely wealthy bunch of fat slobs now then.Cant argue with that.
Oscar Namechange

Honey Boo Boo

johnmont;1432538 wrote: Cant argue with that. However, money can't buy class.
LarsMac

Honey Boo Boo

Post by LarsMac »

oscar;1432547 wrote: However, money can't buy class.

The Donald is proof enough of that.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Honey Boo Boo

LarsMac;1432582 wrote: The Donald is proof enough of that. Amen to that.

Return to “Mental Health”