Ho Hum... Illness, It's a bugger

Issues relating specifically to men's health.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sorry Bruv, nicked your title.

Just got back from the hospital with my beloved after seeing his Professor,

I suppose It was all to be expected but none the less still a shock to hear.

His lungs have seen a massive deterioration. A huge hole has appeared In the left lung and there Is no function at all... It's basically fecked.

Right lung has also deteriorated since the last MRI scan.

To make matters worse he has been diagnosed with Emphysema along with the COPD and UIP

Ho hum
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1430646 wrote: Sorry Bruv, nicked your title.

It's OK I didn't copyright it..............ennit?

So sorry to hear that, what next though ?

I lived through a miracle...................I believe...........these Doctors are getting cleverer every day.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1430649 wrote: It's OK I didn't copyright it..............ennit?

So sorry to hear that, what next though ?

I lived through a miracle...................I believe...........these Doctors are getting cleverer every day. Thanks

I can't fault Frenchay hospital or the NHS... They've brought In the support teams etc now but we also have SAAFA who offer all sorts of help.

There Is the option of double heart and lung transplant but he's not keen on that.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1430646 wrote: Sorry Bruv, nicked your title.

Just got back from the hospital with my beloved after seeing his Professor,

I suppose It was all to be expected but none the less still a shock to hear.

His lungs have seen a massive deterioration. A huge hole has appeared In the left lung and there Is no function at all... It's basically fecked.

Right lung has also deteriorated since the last MRI scan.

To make matters worse he has been diagnosed with Emphysema along with the COPD and UIP

Ho hum

That doesn't sound good but, as you say elsewhere, he has excellent care and support at Frenchey.

Here's wishing him the best :-6
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1430657 wrote: That doesn't sound good but, as you say elsewhere, he has excellent care and support at Frenchey.

Here's wishing him the best :-6 Thanks Byrn.

This Is where he'll be going now.

Respiratory Medicine Service | North Bristol NHS Trust

Professor Anne Miller as listed In the link Is now his chief consultant.

Can't fault anything about the wonderful care they are giving him.
tabby

Post by tabby »

I'm so sorry to hear that report, Oscar and I hope that all goes well in whatever course is taken in his treatment.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oscar I am so very sorry to hear this news. Your man is a great guy & I wish you both the very best. Hugs for you both. Peter will be in my thoughts, you bet.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

I'm sorry - I know you two have fought a good fight.

There could still be new treatments - wouldn't that be wonderful.

wishing you both the best.

Patsy
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Scary news but it sounds like you're in excellent hands and he'll receive the very best medical care possible. Thank supreme deity for socialized medical care, you'd be facing bankruptcy at the very least if you were in the US.
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1430694 wrote: Scary news but it sounds like you're in excellent hands and he'll receive the very best medical care possible. Thank supreme deity for socialized medical care, you'd be facing bankruptcy at the very least if you were in the US.

We were only talking about that last night. Peter has worked all his life and paid his NHS stamps but even so he would still receive the same care even If he'd never worked.

What I like Immensely about Professor Anne Miller Is her very very direct, no nonsense approach and just told him straight that he was In a very bad way.

We always knew It was going to happen but at the onset we were told some people deteriorate very rapidly and once that deterioration sets In like that, there's only the option of the double heart and lung transplant.

Ho hum

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes.

Thank you Patsy but there Is absolutely nothing and no new treatments that can make a difference. It Is way too progressed so there Is no point In either of us building false hope. They have been through all the options with him and there are no options except a transplant. All they can now Is make sure he doesn't suffer and keep him comfortable.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

(((Oscar)))

(((Peter)))

XOXOXO
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Sorry to here this. I have no words, Give Peter a small punch in the shoulder for me. He'll get it.
Oscar Namechange

YZGI;1430702 wrote: Sorry to here this. I have no words, Give Peter a small punch in the shoulder for me. He'll get it. I've told him I won't be letting him go anywhere yet. Haven't finished making his life a misery yet.

Thanks Anne x
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Oscar....sending healing light and soothing feelings to Peter.

Sending vibes of strength and support to you.

all my best goes out to You both.

Lady J
Oscar Namechange

Lady J;1430828 wrote: Oscar....sending healing light and soothing feelings to Peter.

Sending vibes of strength and support to you.

all my best goes out to You both.

Lady J Thanks LJ.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Julie,

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Sending all of my love and best wishes to you and Peter.

(((((Hugs))))) xx
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1430922 wrote: Oh Julie,

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Sending all of my love and best wishes to you and Peter.

(((((Hugs))))) xx
Peter always asks after you Kathy. :-4

I had some advice to spend time with him and look after him which I found pretty Insulting... like I don't already !!!!

I am so tired Kathy trying to earn a living as well as do everything In the house now. Peter sleeps a lot now because the oxygen Is not getting to his muscles.

My Brother is coming up to give me a break soon.
Oscar Namechange

I've just spent 2 hours with a lovely lady from my link.

What is a Carers' Centre? | Carers Trust | The Princess Royal Trust for Carers and Crossroads Care are now Carers Trust. Action, help and advice for carers

They offer all sorts of help for me as a carer...
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Just spend time with him, Julie and take care of him.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Stupid advice is stupid. Thinking of you both and if you need to talk or just goof around on FB, I'm here for you.
Oscar Namechange

SnoozeAgain;1430970 wrote: Just spend time with him, Julie and take care of him.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Stupid advice is stupid. Thinking of you both and if you need to talk or just goof around on FB, I'm here for you. You're a good supportive friend and yes, the goofing cheers me up no end.

Return to “Men's Health”