Jodi Arias Anyone?

flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

Is anyone else here following this freak show?

This is the woman in Arizona that shot a guy, stabbed him 28 or 29 times and slit his throat and then claimed self defense.

She was on the stand for close to 20 days and I have to admit that I was fascinated watching her.

CNN is covering it gavel to gavel every day, just like they did the Casey Anthony case. And just like with the Casey Anthony case, the folks moderating these shows at CNN have already declared her guilt and spend their days cheering on the prosecutor and tearing apart every statement the defense throws out there.

People are using their vacation time to go there and stand in line for the opportunity to sit in the courtroom. Fake jury panels are set up and interviewed by CNN like they matter.

We are an interesting society.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm sick of this trial & wish it were over. I do not support the death penalty, her life in prison is enough for me. I feel pity for the victim's family. They must see the crime & autopsy photos & hear all the killer's nonsense. I am very sorry for their sake. That's what a guy can get who finds a crazy girl sexy.
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Yes, I've heard enough of this idot..

Who needs to hear all the sexual details of their relationship?

She killed him - put her in prison and be done with it. waste of time & money

Patsy
Snooz

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Snooz »

I've managed to miss this completely.
Lady J

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Lady J »

SnoozeAgain;1422652 wrote: I've managed to miss this completely.

Me too! I don't watch the news as it is depressing....I have enuf in my own personal life to do that!!!!

But it does sound interesting to a degree.
Snooz

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Snooz »

I googled the name and found that the victim had a wiki page describing the incident. Ms Arias sounds like a flaming idiot. She left a very visible trail from her residence to his (across state lines) in a RENTAL CAR, no less, and then tried to claim she wasn't there even though she left a bloody handprint on his wall and time stamped sexy time photos. Dumb dumb dumb. I can see how this would be entertaining.
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1422675 wrote: I googled the name and found that the victim had a wiki page describing the incident. Ms Arias sounds like a flaming idiot. She left a very visible trail from her residence to his (across state lines) in a RENTAL CAR, no less, and then tried to claim she wasn't there even though she left a bloody handprint on his wall and time stamped sexy time photos. Dumb dumb dumb. I can see how this would be entertaining.

I believe there is a photo of her foot and his bloody body.

I don't know who hired the shrink to argue she suffers from ptsd, but it is obviously someone who wants her to fry. Just shockingly inept.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Saint_

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Saint_ »

AnneBoleyn;1422645 wrote: I'm sick of this trial & wish it were over. I do not support the death penalty, her life in prison is enough for me. I feel pity for the victim's family. They must see the crime & autopsy photos & hear all the killer's nonsense. I am very sorry for their sake. That's what a guy can get who finds a crazy girl sexy.

Exactly how I feel. My wife is entranced with this trial, which I find rather sordid. It's quite apparent to me that the girl is a sociopath (They can seem quite normal most of the time.)

Extra gas cans so that she can detour to kill him and make it seem as though she had not deviated from her Utah drive? Really? Stab wounds in the back? How is he a threat as he runs away? No record, whatsoever, of him EVER purchasing a gun? He charged at you AFTER you shot him in the head?!! Seriously?

It boggles the imagination!
Oscar Namechange

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I wish I lived In America... you have a much higher class of whack jobs than we do..
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1422861 wrote: I wish I lived In America... you have a much higher class of whack jobs than we do..

It's always the pretty girls and the butt ugly guys anymore too. :thinking:

that means I'm safe..

flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

Saint_;1422857 wrote: Exactly how I feel. My wife is entranced with this trial, which I find rather sordid. It's quite apparent to me that the girl is a sociopath (They can seem quite normal most of the time.)

Extra gas cans so that she can detour to kill him and make it seem as though she had not deviated from her Utah drive? Really? Stab wounds in the back? How is he a threat as he runs away? No record, whatsoever, of him EVER purchasing a gun? He charged at you AFTER you shot him in the head?!! Seriously?

It boggles the imagination!

You are just one of those folks who refuse to admit you are following it. If it didn't have massive numbers, they would go back to regular programming.

But you know way too much detail about both this trial and the casey anthony trial to not be hooked..:wah:

flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

It's obviously not just me...

HLN's Jodi Arias Coverage Helps Bolster Ratings - NYTimes.com

fuzzywuzzy

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

flopstock;1422634 wrote: Is anyone else here following this freak show?

This is the woman in Arizona that shot a guy, stabbed him 28 or 29 times and slit his throat and then claimed self defense.

She was on the stand for close to 20 days and I have to admit that I was fascinated watching her.

CNN is covering it gavel to gavel every day, just like they did the Casey Anthony case. And just like with the Casey Anthony case, the folks moderating these shows at CNN have already declared her guilt and spend their days cheering on the prosecutor and tearing apart every statement the defense throws out there.

People are using their vacation time to go there and stand in line for the opportunity to sit in the courtroom. Fake jury panels are set up and interviewed by CNN like they matter.

We are an interesting society.

Was it self defence when she shot him ?...what comes after is no matter for law ...apart from maybe interferring with a corpse.
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

I'm still hooked!

I'm also fascinated that HLN apparently doesn't let 'innocent until proved guilty' deter them from convicting her every day on their shows.

this is what the Colosseum's would have been like if only there had been cable access.:thinking:

Snooz

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Snooz »

Er... what's HLN?
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Flop

your hooked on this courtroom? really?

Have you seen the amount of people lined up to get in as a spectater -

they're in line @ 4:00 a.m..

I can't watch this one.

HLN - Headline News channel 204 on satlelite

Well - let's us know the outcome.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Jodi is running a business from behind bars.

apparently she's quite the artist and her art is selling for thousands.

State of Arizona states this is perfectly legal.

The proceeds from the sales are going where? no one knows

Arizona stated the proceeds are not reimbursing the tax payers and this court has costs millions.

I'm baffled why anyone would purchase the art?

It's one thing to be facinated with a court process - but to support her in this manner?

Do you agree one behind bars should be able to run a business?

Patsy
Saint_

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Saint_ »

Patsy Warnick;1424256 wrote:

Absolutely not. Being incarcerated is supposed to be a punishment. You shouldn't be able to make millions while the taxpayers feed and clothe you.
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Saint

who would want to buy this? she murdered a man and is hiding behind some disorder.?

Why isn't AZ taking the proceeds?

What a system

Patsy
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

Saint_;1424262 wrote: Absolutely not. Being incarcerated is supposed to be a punishment. You shouldn't be able to make millions while the taxpayers feed and clothe you.

You forget that jodi arias is not guilty of any crime, as of today.

flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

Patsy Warnick;1424256 wrote: Jodi is running a business from behind bars.

apparently she's quite the artist and her art is selling for thousands.

State of Arizona states this is perfectly legal.

The proceeds from the sales are going where? no one knows

Arizona stated the proceeds are not reimbursing the tax payers and this court has costs millions.

I'm baffled why anyone would purchase the art?

It's one thing to be facinated with a court process - but to support her in this manner?

Patsy

Honestly hadn't followed a moment of it until a little while ago. Lady at works daughter is the voice of jodi on the cnn readings of the journals. I turned it on to hear her.

She's doing great btw...:wah:

Saint_

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Saint_ »

flopstock;1424284 wrote: You forget that jodi arias is not guilty of any crime, as of today.

True, but you don't think she's innocent, do you Flop? Gas cans to divert without record? I mean really... Oh well, if she truly is innocent, she'll get to keep the money, if not, the civl cases will get it.
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Jodi has a twitter acct. is you wish to follow her there.

Yesterday she gave Nancy Grace the finger on camera and then stated on the twitter acct. the finger is for you Nancy..

This case is so bizarre

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Verdict in. It will be read in court at 4:30pm ET, 20 minutes from now.
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Guilty--First Degree.
Saint_

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Saint_ »

AnneBoleyn;1426459 wrote: Guilty--First Degree.

GOOD! I am SO TIRED of her.

lol. No more stalking and sociopathic fun for Jodi. We'll still have to listen to her stupid tweets, though.....
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I saw on TV today a clip she made on one of those news shows, could have been Dateline or 48 Hours. In it, she said: "No jury would ever convict me". I replayed that in my head while waiting for the verdict, hoping for conviction because of that statement alone! Her arrogance is psychotic. Even the most innocent amongst us can be convicted by a jury. It happens more than any of us wants to admit.

I do think her parents are guilty too. Jodi's first crime, I believe at age 13, was growing some pot in her backyard. So, when her parents discovered this, they did the most abnormal thing---they called the sheriff to arrest her. A betrayal like that is unfathomable. Being a bastard runs in the family I guess.
Saint_

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Saint_ »

AnneBoleyn;1426464 wrote: Her arrogance is psychotic. .

No kidding!

I've only been following it off and on because it was pretty infuriating to see her remembering every little detail from years back unless it was incriminating...in which case she "suddenly" got amnesia!

Other things I found funny / infuriating:

1. Who takes along three gas cans for a trip? Unless you need an alibi of course!

2. Bad mouthing a dead man and calling him a pedophile of HER say so with no evidence!

3. "He chased me down the hall after I shot him in the head." SERIOUSLY?!!!! Come ON!

4. "It was self defense as I stabbed him in the back as he ran away from me." How does THAT work?!!

5. Flipping off Nancy Grace in court.

6. "It was his gun" Despite the fact they he NEVER OWNED ONE!!!!

Now she'll spend the rest of her life locked up with other women. (Some of who may be attracted to her good looks! HAHAHA!)
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"Now she'll spend the rest of her life locked up with other women. (Some of who may be attracted to her good looks! HAHAHA!)"

That's another reason I was hoping for a conviction. There is a story out, not sure of its veracity, that she is having an affair with another prisoner who is in for something not major & will be released soon. The story is they were shopping for a sperm donor so they could have a family.

Her calling herself a battered woman is also so way-out. Her saying he cheapened & humiliated her with the sex they chose to have as an adult couple is nauseating too. If a woman travels to see a batterer she should stop at a psychiatrist first. So outrageous.
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I had a hard time that this Jodi showed no emotion or very little at any time. And the crazy sex stories & battered woman & he cheapened her.. she was just on another planet.

and as far as calling the authorities for growing pot - well maybe she was more of a wild child - out of control & the parents had tried everything - so they called authorities to make a point. I admit that's a serious call to make - odd yes.

Jodi didn't come back with a gun & shoot her parents.

I believe something festered - obviously.

I am so glad it's a guilty verdict - for Travis's family

Patsy
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

AnneBoleyn;1426464 wrote: I saw on TV today a clip she made on one of those news shows, could have been Dateline or 48 Hours. In it, she said: "No jury would ever convict me". I replayed that in my head while waiting for the verdict, hoping for conviction because of that statement alone! Her arrogance is psychotic. Even the most innocent amongst us can be convicted by a jury. It happens more than any of us wants to admit.

I do think her parents are guilty too. Jodi's first crime, I believe at age 13, was growing some pot in her backyard. So, when her parents discovered this, they did the most abnormal thing---they called the sheriff to arrest her. A betrayal like that is unfathomable. Being a bastard runs in the family I guess.

1. You have no way of knowing that this was her first crime. It was the first one her parents took action on.

2. I arranged with my local police to arrest my son when he was a teenager heading the wrong direction. He went over to the local probation officer and got assigned community service cleaning toliets at a local non profit for a month. He's an officer in the airforce today... I guess I'm a horrible mother too:wah:

Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Cost Tax Payers 1.8 million and now

Jodi is requsting the Death Sentence.

Patsy
Saint_

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Saint_ »

I'm against the death penalty. Not just philosophically....but because I think it's a worse punishment to have to live in a cage for decades.
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

flopstock;1426478 wrote: 1. You have no way of knowing that this was her first crime. It was the first one her parents took action on.

2. I arranged with my local police to arrest my son when he was a teenager heading the wrong direction. He went over to the local probation officer and got assigned community service cleaning toliets at a local non profit for a month. He's an officer in the airforce today... I guess I'm a horrible mother too:wah:

1. I think her parents abdicated responsibility for something that could have been discussed. The sheriff was not her parents, her parents were her parents. Her parents betrayed her, IMO, I stand by that. If you feel you can't trust your parents, it sets up a lifetime of distrust toward All Authority. There is no one to turn to.

2. I know nothing about your son or his wrong direction. I can't comment on what I don't know.
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Patsy Warnick;1426481 wrote: Cost Tax Payers 1.8 million and now

Jodi is requsting the Death Sentence.

Patsy

It doesn't matter what Jodi requests. She doesn't have a say. Btw, Patsy, I heard her say "Death is the Ultimate Freedom". I guess we should just forget the whole thing & let her out since she gave Travis the Ultimate Gift. Did him a favor I suppose. Nuts.
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Sentencing hearing has been delayed until next Wednesday. I heard she was moved to a psych ward. It seems something might be bothering her & she just isn't up to it.
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Anne

I think Jodi is working the system

By annoucing she wants the Death Penalty - hoping to sway the jury.

With the Death Penalty she will be put in isolation and will not be bunking in common space in prison. Oh, now she doesn't want a sexual partner.

With the death penalty - she could be on death row forever with all the appeals.

As far as the legalities with Jodi selling her art - now the State of AZ can take the proceeds and I heard the state can & will take the proceeds from any book or movie that may develope.

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Saint_;1426523 wrote: I'm against the death penalty. Not just philosophically....but because I think it's a worse punishment to have to live in a cage for decades. I agree with that. The loss of liberty Is often crueler than death.

We have an obnoxious piece of scum here in England called Ian Huntly who murdered two 10 year old girls. he has attempted suicide so many times. Better to keep him alive so he truely suffers.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1426619 wrote: I agree with that. The loss of liberty Is often crueler than death.

We have an obnoxious piece of scum here in England called Ian Huntly who murdered two 10 year old girls. he has attempted suicide so many times. Better to keep him alive so he truely suffers.

I disagree. Better to put these folks down and spend the money wasted on their care and keep on those in need.

AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

flopstock;1426650 wrote: I disagree. Better to put these folks down and spend the money wasted on their care and keep on those in need.

The money will never be spent for people in need.
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

I think she is supposed to take to stand today so that she can tell us who she is, as a person.

flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

Well, she didn't take the stand again today.

Instead, her attorneys asked for a mistrial again. Said they should have been granted the 'no media' at the beginning. Said they should have been allowed to sequester the jury from the beginning. Said the folks that were going to speak on her behalf have been intimidated to the point they won't.

They are going for the appeal at this point.

IMO, they are gonna get it.

Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Hung Jury - Jury could not reach a unanimous decision.

Now the courts will have to assemble a new jury - a new Fair jury if that's possible at this time?

Rescheduled for July 18th.

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Patsy Warnick;1427829 wrote: Hung Jury - Jury could not reach a unanimous decision.

Now the courts will have to assemble a new jury - a new Fair jury if that's possible at this time?

Rescheduled for July 18th.

Patsy

What in your opinion was Unfair about the jury?
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Anne

I was referring to the new - up & coming jury pick - if now with all the publicity if a Fair jury can be found?

Patsy
LarsMac

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by LarsMac »

I think she meant that finding a unbiased jury might be difficult

The part that worries me is that they now say they might need a whole new trial. Seems ridiculous. She has been found guilty.

Just stick her in prison and forget about her.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

The law doesn't require her to get a new trial, & that's Double Jeopardy, she was already found guilty of murder one. Patsy, I understand what you mean now. Your state of Arizona has some weird practices. I was really floored when the jury was able to have their written questions read to JA by the judge. Don't know how I feel about that.

LM, seems California has the same routine in death penalty cases. I agree with you, if the jury can't find for death, Life should be the default.
Patsy Warnick

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

If 12 jury members can be found fairly for sentencing decision - then how do they get educated on this case ?

Jury foreman spoke - stated the divide was 8 death and 4 for life.

why didn't the Judge rule & get this over with?

Patsy
flopstock

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by flopstock »

A fair trial has not been in the cards since HLN decided this was the one that would really put them on the map. They are the National Enquirer of the television media. It's embarrassing, but I could not look away from it.

this girl was strung up from day one, in the press. HLN created new shows around this trial. Kinda a bathroom version of Nightline(during the hostage crisis)

That should not be how we operate, in this country.

I'm actually glad that the Jurors had more integrity then the press did.

LarsMac

Jodi Arias Anyone?

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1428013 wrote: A fair trial has not been in the cards since HLN decided this was the one that would really put them on the map. They are the National Enquirer of the television media. It's embarrassing, but I could not look away from it.

this girl was strung up from day one, in the press. HLN created new shows around this trial. Kinda a bathroom version of Nightline(during the hostage crisis)

That should not be how we operate, in this country.

I'm actually glad that the Jurors had more integrity then the press did.

Well, four of them may have. But seems to me that they should have simply opted for life, since they could not agree on death.

Now, some other poor suckers have sit through all this and make the decision that they could not.

And no, I never watched a moment of the trial. I have a life which does not include HLN

I didn't even watch the OJ trial.

I prefer my circus under a tent.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Crimes Trials”