How Many People Have Been Killed by Guns Since Newtown?

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ahso!;1424895 wrote: 35263694
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1425341 wrote: Ah, you're beginning to get it. It's strictly reporting the numbers.

No it's not.

We already know the stats.

What I find objectionable is placing two figures, next to each other as if there was a moral equivalence.

The whole premise of the site is capitalizing on the deaths of children for a political cause.

Shameful
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1425354 wrote: No it's not.

The whole premise of the site is capitalizing on the deaths of children for a political cause.

Shameful

Absolutely ridiculous. No one has a greater right to speak than victims & their families. What is shameful is attacking those who speak with & for them. I support the second amendment, in theory, & that is probably the last time I will say it, hopefully I shouldn't have to continually remind anarchist gun people such as yourself.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1425356 wrote: Absolutely ridiculous. No one has a greater right to speak than victims & their families.

I disagree. We all have a right to speak of what happened.

AnneBoleyn;1425356 wrote: What is shameful is attacking those who speak with & for them.

One shouldn't attack the people. With that said, being a victim of a crime, or any other misfortune does not make one an expert.

AnneBoleyn;1425356 wrote: I support the second amendment, in theory, & that is probably the last time I will say it, hopefully I shouldn't have to continually remind anarchist gun people such as yourself.

Oh please, I am anything but an anarchist. I am your typical law and order kinda guy. And I hold our Constitution with the deepest respect, unlike those who consider it something out dated and must be altered on a whim.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I agree that we all have a right to speak. But so do they without attack, which is what your side of this is doing. Why else would you bother to call their input 'shameful'? If they are not experts on what senseless gun violence will do, who is?

The constitution also once said blacks are 3/5 of a person, that the senate should be chosen by state legislatures, etc. It may take years upon years but if that is the only way, amending the second amendment should begin.

The founders never could have imagined what the world would become. They are not to be deified, their words were not written in stone.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

AnneBoleyn;1425359 wrote: It may take years upon years but if that is the only way, amending the second amendment should begin.

The founders never could have imagined what the world would become. They are not to be deified, their words were not written in stone.

You are correct. They weren't written in stone, so we shouldn't be trying to work around it as if it is a rock in the way. Change it or not, but stop violating it, I say (not directly to you, Anne, I'm just sayin' I say, see?). It is the supreme law of the land and there is a set procedure to change it to fit the times if necessary.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Change is never easy. Let the hard work begin.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1425359 wrote: I agree that we all have a right to speak. But so do they without attack, which is what your side of this is doing.

What side is that, and what was said?

AnneBoleyn;1425359 wrote: Why else would you bother to call their input 'shameful'?

Yea I called Slate.com shameful, and I stand by it.

AnneBoleyn;1425359 wrote: If they are not experts on what senseless gun violence will do, who is?

I believe we are not talking the same. I do not accept that just because somebody has a bad or good experience puts gives them superior knowlege.

AnneBoleyn;1425359 wrote: The constitution also once said blacks are 3/5 of a person, that the senate should be chosen by state legislatures, etc. It may take years upon years but if that is the only way, amending the second amendment should begin.

Thanks for the history lesson.:)

If you believe we should amend the Constitution, go for it.

AnneBoleyn;1425359 wrote: The founders never could have imagined what the world would become. They are not to be deified, their words were not written in stone.

That is why they included

Article. V.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

It was deliberate to be a slow process.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1425354 wrote: No it's not.

We already know the stats.

What I find objectionable is placing two figures, next to each other as if there was a moral equivalence.

ShamefulWho gives a good god damn what you find objectionable. And you have no idea what you're talking about with the premise of the site. You've found yourself a personal cheer leader and now think you're making sense. You don't!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ahso!;1425342 wrote: 36943700

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM PDT.

National Review: Giffords childish display in the New York Times is an embarrassment

"While Ms. Giffords certainly has my sympathy for the violence she suffered, it should be noted that being shot in the head by a lunatic does not give one any special grace to pronounce upon public-policy questions, nor does it give one moral license to call people “cowards” for holding public-policy views at variance with one’s own. Her childish display in the New York Times is an embarrassment."

Daily Kos: National Review: Giffords childish display in the New York Times is an embarrassment

Find your own links or keep your head in the sand. There are plenty enough. That's why god invented google.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

one more, just the one:

Sat Apr 13, 2013 at 04:27 PM PDT.

Radio Host Would Tell Newtown Families to 'Go to Hell'

"I have something I want to say to the victims of Newtown or any other shooting, I don't care if it's here in Minneapolis or any place else. Just because a bad thing happened to you doesn't mean that you get to put a king in charge of my life. I'm sorry that you suffered a tragedy, but you know what? Deal with it, and don't force me to lose my liberty, which is a greater tragedy than your loss. I'm sick and tired of seeing these victims trotted out, given rides on Air Force One, hauled into the Senate well, and everyone is ... terrified of these victims. I would stand in front of them and tell them, "Go to hell." "

Daily Kos: Radio Host Would Tell Newtown Families to 'Go to Hell'
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

TD: "I believe we are not talking the same. I do not accept that just because somebody has a bad or good experience puts gives them superior knowlege."

I guess I should ignore what concentration camp survivors (& I knew & still know, DOZENS) have told me. What the hell do they know? How could they possibly be unbiased or unemotional? Let's discount their evidence. Or soldiers. What the hell do they know of warfare? I won't bother to ask them.

You may not agree, you are entitled not to, but why bother to deny?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

TD: That is why they included

Article. V.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate. It was deliberate to be a slow process.

Thanks for the history lesson :D
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Anne, you're wasting your time, he's only going to disassociate himself from anything to avoid accepting responsibility. That's why he remains vague about everything. All he does is duck and weave.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1425407 wrote: Anne, you're wasting your time, he's only going to disassociate himself from anything to avoid accepting responsibility. That's why he remains vague about everything. All he does is duck and weave.
Ahso the pot! :yh_rotfl
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I've really gotten to you, haven't I.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1425417 wrote: I've really gotten to you, haven't I.Hehehe. You flatter yourself.

Well, I guess someone should, eh?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

"draw a more complete picture of gun violence in America"

" if you’d like to use this data yourself for your own projects, it’s open"

I am greatly interested in a complete picture of violence in America.

"Matched Deaths: 3,700 or more since Newtow"

The latest on the hit parade,

Rasheed Leitiff David, age 23

Rasheed isn't the victim, and is not accused of the killing.

David is currently being held at Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond on One Count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon; One Count of Possession of a Firearm While in Possession of a Schedule II Drug; PWID Cocaine; Possession of Marijuana; and Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
Drug, gun charges in Suffolk double shooting | WTKR.com

Through the investigation it was determined that a group of unknown suspects drove over to the 300 block of Hunter Street and began to confront Rasheed Leitiff David at his girlfriend’s residence. There was an exchange of gunfire between the parties.

SUFFOLK, Virginia (April 26, 2013) – To clarify the earlier release, the investigation into yesterday’s homicide and malicious wounding continues. No one has been charged in those crimes. Rasheed Leitiff David, age 23, of Suffolk, has been charged with the following: 1 Count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon, 1 Count of Possession of a Firearm While in Possession of a Schedule II drug, PWID Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana and Possession of a stolen Firearm. David is currently being held at Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond.

Suffolk Police Department

I wonder if Diana Yvette Jones would be alive if she had a better class of friends and more wholesome hobbies.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Yup, way too many people resorting to gun violence as a reaction to their plight. Gotta get those guns out of circulation.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1425572 wrote: Yup, way too many people resorting to gun violence as a reaction to their plight. Gotta get those guns out of circulation.

Should keep violent felons out of circulation.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1425582 wrote: Should keep violent felons out of circulation.Spoken like a true conservative. Don't fix the individual, deny and ignore them along with the societal problems and assume fear that we're all packing will solve all our woes. Just label the "bad guys" and lock em up so you can keep your GI Joe toys. I'd say your thought process was childish, but I wouldn't dare insult children like that.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I've just received some upsetting news

This incident happened in the state of Washington on C'mas Eve.

A friend of mine has been shot 5 times.

My friend is 58 yrs. old and he & his wife were seperated but working on the relationship.

He is invited over on C'mas Eve - he's unloading gifts and his wife starts brow beating - complaining about ?? so they argue.

Their son hears them arguing and grabbed his gun and shot his Dad.

My friend tries to run for the door as the son continues to fire.

My friend is outside on the lawn - neighbors run over to keep him from bleeding out.

My friend survived - he called me with the details of the incident.

No one was arrested as wife & child stated it was self defense/justified.

While my friend was in the hospital - wife & son packed & moved - sold everything.

Neither wife or son visited my friend in the hospital - there has been no contact.

My friend and his son were so close - buddys - did everything together. The son was a Eagle Scout with the help of his Dad - this was a good stable family.

I'm encouraging my friend to file Civil Court - make them get in front of a judge & explain - tell their story..

My friend said - I can't do that to my son - I said your son vacated - he's gone.

My friend doesn't even know where the gun came from as guns were never around.

I suppose calling 911 would be too simple.?

They had a nice family - this has made me sick.

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1425617 wrote: Spoken like a true conservative. Don't fix the individual, deny and ignore them along with the societal problems and assume fear that we're all packing will solve all our woes. Just label the "bad guys" and lock em up so you can keep your GI Joe toys. I'd say your thought process was childish, but I wouldn't dare insult children like that.

He's not a true conservative. He's a clown. :yh_clown
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ahso!;1425390 wrote: 37003852

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Patsy Warnick;1426306 wrote: I've just received some upsetting news

My friend is 58 yrs. old and he & his wife were seperated but working on the relationship.

He is invited over on C'mas Eve - he's unloading gifts and his wife starts brow beating - complaining about ?? so they argue.

My friend is outside on the lawn - neighbors run over to keep him from bleeding out.

While my friend was in the hospital - wife & son packed & moved - sold everything.

Neither wife or son visited my friend in the hospital - there has been no contact.

My friend and his son were so close - buddys - did everything together. The son was a Eagle Scout with the help of his Dad - this was a good stable family.

I'm encouraging my friend to file Civil Court - make them get in front of a judge & explain - tell their story..

My friend said - I can't do that to my son - I said your son vacated - he's gone.

PatsySorry to learn of your friend's situation, Patsy. Guns no longer have a place in this society.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1425582 wrote: Should keep violent felons out of circulation.
1 in 32 American's are either in or on parole from prison.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Sorry for your loss.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1426313 wrote: He's not a true conservative. He's a clown. :yh_clown

I guess I can give up the idea of making you my first friend on FG.:-1
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1426334 wrote: I guess I can give up the idea of making you my first friend on FG.:-1Anne and I might actually be the best friends you've got here because we're demanding better of you and expecting you to deliver.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Ahso - Tude Dog

Thank You - In this situation the son (shooter) is 28 yrs. old - a good kid - a Eagle Scout - he has a good job and he can shoot his Dad..!? I can't wrap my head around this.

And "IF" Dad was in a huff - towards violent, the kid didn't shoot in the leg to stop his Dad.? or just a warning shot to stop the arguing.?

This man was shot 5 times - one bullet hit his wallet as he was running out.

BTW - The wife didn't not have a scratch or a bruise - no one was assaulted.

My friend had a lung removed several broken ribs - he can walk & talk & doing ok physically. Other scars that will probably never heal.

I hope my friend will file Civil Court.. I can't believe he survived.

This thread was started due to the strange kid shooting school kids - what is happening with accepting - tolerating this behavior..?

This kid in my story is out walking along side us..? People don't value life .??

Patsy
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1426366 wrote: Ahso - Tude Dog

Thank You - In this situation the son (shooter) is 28 yrs. old - a good kid - a Eagle Scout - he has a good job and he can shoot his Dad..!? I can't wrap my head around this.

And "IF" Dad was in a huff - towards violent, the kid didn't shoot in the leg to stop his Dad.? or just a warning shot to stop the arguing.?

This man was shot 5 times - one bullet hit his wallet as he was running out.

BTW - The wife didn't not have a scratch or a bruise - no one was assaulted.

My friend had a lung removed several broken ribs - he can walk & talk & doing ok physically. Other scars that will probably never heal.

I hope my friend will file Civil Court.. I can't believe he survived.

This thread was started due to the strange kid shooting school kids - what is happening with accepting - tolerating this behavior..?

This kid in my story is out walking along side us..? People don't value life .??

Patsy

GAWD DMIT

If that story didn't stink from the get go. I did try to check it out on the facts you provided. Couldn't find anything, so what now?

I wasn't about to badger you for more just to make an argument here.

So now, tell us just what did you learn?
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tude Dog

You thought the story stunk? My friend said he was set up.?

I have also looked for news on this - nothing - I contacted the local news channels - nothing. I contacted the local newspaper - nothing.

I have requested a copy of the police report - not much there either I'm told only 15 pages.

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1426334 wrote: I guess I can give up the idea of making you my first friend on FG.:-1

Hmmmm. Seems you give up rather easily. Are you sure you're mature enough to make such an extraordinary commitment? :yh_think
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Patsy

Patsy. I guess they didn't have a nice family. Maybe just outwardly appeared that way. Unless you live with them, you can't possibly know what caused this. If your friend takes them to Civil Court you can forget any reconciliation forever. People take great offense when sued (or shot!) by family members. They were already separated before the incident & I'll bet there is a juicy story there. I mean, it's obvious which side you are on by saying the wife was brow-beating him. You're on his side when there are 3 or more sides here. Not to say I think shooting each other is appropriate, but you know I don't mean that. When the wife & son claimed self-defense---why didn't your friend deny this? The police obviously feel this shooting was justified. He's lucky to be alive, aren't we all.

Why are you first hearing about this now when it happened over four months ago?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1426382 wrote: Tude Dog

You thought the story stunk? My friend said he was set up.?

I have also looked for news on this - nothing - I contacted the local news channels - nothing. I contacted the local newspaper - nothing.

I have requested a copy of the police report - not much there either I'm told only 15 pages.

Patsy

First of all, I should not have said it "stink from the get go".

I should say I have problems with it.

Like Ann pointed out that was four months ago. Now you hear?

In all honesty, it is difficult following this narrative.

NO NO NO

I can't see police, in this circumstance listening to family members then saying "OK" and then moving on. It just doesn't happen that quickly.

Did anybody hire a lawyer? Involved in any shooting it is wise to empty your bank account for legal representation.

Your friends family claim to shoot Dad in self defense. What is Dad charged with??

If such a thing happened, as Ann mentioned four months. if it was a family member of mine they would be asking for a "loan" to cover legal expenses. That is if they stuck around and not fled.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Latest update people,

Matched Deaths: 3,852 or more since Newtown

This last one is a real winner.

Reports: Yorktown Heights Native Shot Dead in New Orleans

Joseph Cahill was fleeing from an altercation with police when he ran into a home and was shot, according to news reports.

Of course, only Slate and their fellow travelers would find a problem with the homeowners actions.

A Yorktown Heights native, who was fleeing from police in New Orleans, was killed after he burst into a home near the New Orleans Fair Grounds, according to multiple news reports.

Joseph Cahill, 40, was fleeing from an altercation with police, according to reports. When he ran into the home near the festival, he had an argument with the residents. He was shot and killed by the homeowner, who was reported to have acted in self-defense.

FULL STORY

Just another story behind the nothingness of Slate.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Dad wasn't charged with anything - NO legality pending with him.

I found out the son had a felony charge from yrs. ago for theft - with a felony a felon can not possess a weapon. The son was charged and went to jail - The mother posted bail & handled the legalities for the son.

Mother & son filed a "Order of protection" against Dad. there wasn't one prior.

I'm speaking to a "Broken Man" - cries and at times sobs.

so it's difficult to probe - receive - absorb the details.

Mom & Dad owned a home & purchased the home right next door for the son to live.

It was a fixer upper - Dad worked on this house daily along side his son.

Day of the incident - Dad pulls into the driveway - wife greets him - she is complaining he bought gifts and stomped into the house - they enter the house. Now Mom is mad.

When a provoked agrument erupts the wife yells out the window to the son's house.

Wife did not call 911 - wife did not walk out of the house - wife ran to a open window to yell to another open window. Dad has now been at the residence for @ 10 minutes.

Son ran over with a gun.

I state provoked - The last words Dad remembers from Wife - how many dates she's been on since their seperation - and one is a friend of yours..

I don't know why I'm just now hearing about this?

I'm surprised other people I know in that area didn't contact me.

I have called a few friends in that area - they hadn't heard of this shooting.?

I can't lean towards or side with the wife - she has always been about money

Divorce - split money..?

Civil Court can answer alot of questions.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Parents are now divorced and Dad is surviving on what was awarded..?

Dad still attends physical therapy and still under Dr. care.

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

If they go through with a divorce, that is a Civil Court, so your friend's day in court is coming.

Sorry, Patsy, but sometimes your use of the ? makes your point confusing. I can't tell if you are stating or asking. Keep me informed on this case as it progresses, please, I'm really into it!
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1426447 wrote: Dad wasn't charged with anything - NO legality pending with him.

I found out the son had a felony charge from yrs. ago for theft - with a felony a felon can not possess a weapon. The son was charged and went to jail - The mother posted bail & handled the legalities for the son.

OK, that made zero sense.

Story just gets longer and more complex. For me, dunno what to make of it.,

As I said earlier, sorry for your loss.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I have terrible reading comprehension lately. So.........they are divorced already? Well, your friend can bring it back into divorce court if he feels fraud is involved with splitting the assets.

What a tangled web, etc..............
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Anne

...? is a comment and a question. I'm open for any imput

I'm not sure at this point if Dad was capable to attend the divorce proceedings. Maybe the attorney represented him as he was shot 5 times and not sure if he fought the offer.

Tude Dog

NO charges - this is exactly what doesn't make sense. no charges on any one but the son for the felon possessing a weapon.

Dad didn't do anything illegal - I'm asking..? and Wife & son didn't do anything illegal?

I'm trying to encourage my friend to go back to court.

This is a mess - I feel sorry for all involved here.

Life altering decision for the son to grab a gun and not a phone for 911.

Horrible story - every ones life is ruined here.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Question

Could it be that the authorities are waiting for the Dad to press charges? in this story

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Patsy Warnick;1426473 wrote: Question

Could it be that the authorities are waiting for the Dad to press charges? in this story

Patsy

Sounds right. Dad is between a rock & a hard place, isn't he? I do know one thing---stuff like this doesn't just happen. It takes a time of festering to be so emotionally charged. You are definitely not getting the full story. There's more here than meets the eye.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Patsy
Does the Dad have to press charges in such a case ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Bruv;1426483 wrote: Does the Dad have to press charges in such a case ?

I wouldn't think so. I can't understand why at least an unlawful dis charge of a firearm charge hasn't been brought. Someone should be charged with something if for no other reason than to get to the truth in court.

On another note, why do people assume Eagle Scouts don't commit crimes?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

On another note, why do people assume Eagle Scouts don't commit crimes?

Not me. I am highly suspicious of Eagle Scouts. At that age I would trust a boy more into sex, drugs & rock'n roll. Eagle Scouts seem repressed to me.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

OK, son was charged. Mom bailed son out of jail. At some point son must go to court.

Sounds like they are on the lam. Forfeited the bail. If that's the case Dad should expect a call from the bail bondsman. As long as Dad had nothing to do with securing bail, all they want is to know where the fugitives are.

Patsy

I ain't no lawyer, but I do know there are some crimes where it is all up to the state. I would expect this to be one.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

AnneBoleyn;1426522 wrote: On another note, why do people assume Eagle Scouts don't commit crimes?

Not me. I am highly suspicious of Eagle Scouts. At that age I would trust a boy more into sex, drugs & rock'n roll. Eagle Scouts seem repressed to me.

:yh_rotfl

Return to “Gun Control”