This Dog Don't Hunt...

Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

...in fact it proves to be nothing more than a Turd. A dumb dog all the same.

Ahso!;1425573 wrote: Yeah, so the gun lobby can make the case that these two would have been caught or gunned down a lot sooner had Massachusetts had more LIBERAL gun laws. Phucking liberals. :wah: tude dog;1425584 wrote: Let me know if/when the "gun lobby" (whatever that is) makes that claim.:yh_eyerol

I would really like to know. tude dog;1425651 wrote:



Now, fact is nobody, would say something so stupid.



If they had you would have produced it.

It is clear you have nothing worth mentioning. Once again, just making stuff up. Ahso!;1425655 wrote: It's already been said: "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
Accountable;1425658 wrote: Agreed,... Wayne LaPierre: 'How Many Bostonians Wished They Had A Gun Two Weeks Ago?'

I figured I'd supply you this link just in case it wasn't enough for you that your mentor agreed with me on this, TD.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Accountable
Posts: 24818
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 8:33 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Accountable »

And you accuse others of trolling?

1.0 Be Civil. If there was just one rule, this would be it. ForumGarden is not here to be your personal battlefield. The Golden Rule applies. People who embark on personal attacks or are unable to comment on the CONTENT but instead go after the poster are not welcome. ForumGarden is a place where friends gather. If you are unable to cope with a friendly and supportive atmosphere, then please leave. Friendliness counts and it will determine whether or not you have an account here. Draconian rules? If you are a non-civil trouble-maker, I'm sure you'll think so! For all other friends, welcome!

(See 1.0) 1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harrass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.

(See 1.0) 1.2 No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. ForumGarden - Forum Rules
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Most members don't read your threads Ahso.

Not because they are uninteresting but because you dismiss all other Input and the thread appears to be there either for you to wax lyrical or to batter Halfway and Tude Dog Into submission. In fact, their patience Is commendable.

So what Is the point of this thread? Is It because you realise the membership has switched off from you and you want to catch their attention again?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

I don't see the problem. You two think I'm harassing someone? The "Turd" or "dumb Dog" I refer to is the argument that what I mentioned would not be said. Get a grip. Accountable accused me of being off topic in the other thread so I figured I'd start a new one.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1426112 wrote: Most members don't read your threads Ahso.

Not because they are uninteresting but because you dismiss all other Input and the thread appears to be there either for you to wax lyrical or to batter Halfway and Tude Dog Into submission. In fact, their patience Is commendable.

So what Is the point of this thread? Is It because you realise the membership has switched off from you and you want to catch their attention again?Your posts are so convenient, Oscar.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Accountable
Posts: 24818
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 8:33 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1426116 wrote: I don't see the problem. You two think I'm harassing someone? The "Turd" or "dumb Dog" I refer to is the argument that what I mentioned would not be said.Your lies are blatant.

Ahso!;1426116 wrote: Get a grip. Accountable accused me of being off topic in the other thread so I figured I'd start a new one.The OP corrected me and supported you. You should read more.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1426118 wrote: The OP corrected me and supported you. You should read more.I read Bruv's post, but knowing you, you'd just keep up the same old accusation, so rather than go round with you on that I'd figured I'd bypass it and start anew. Should have figured you'd get defensive for your friend, though. Oh well, sometimes you just can't avoid conflict. Right?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1426118 wrote: Your lies are blatant.You're mistaking your defensive assumptions for my posts and calling them lies. That's an interesting way of projecting.

In any event I've clarified it. Thanks for that opportunity.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Snowfire
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Snowfire »

Its odd though, that many people see it differently to you Ahso. I disagree with most of what tude and halfway post. I'm on the opposite end of any spectrum they inhabit but they must be given the freedom to express those views - providing they are not offensive - without harassment

You however are never far behind them both, with an insult. I'm in agreement with Oscar - and that don't happen too often. They have shown a lot of restraint
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

Anyone want to get on topic here? This thread is about what the NRA has to say about the Boston bombing. Start a new thread on me if you like.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

Snowfire;1426121 wrote: Its odd though, that many people see it differently to you Ahso. I disagree with most of what tude and halfway post. I'm on the opposite end of any spectrum they inhabit but they must be given the freedom to express those views - providing they are not offensive - without harassment

You however are never far behind them both, with an insult. I'm in agreement with Oscar - and that don't happen too often. They have shown a lot of restraintThe insult is on the argument, not the poster. Simply because I've colored the thread for amusement should not deter anyone's participation on the subject.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

Snowfire;1426121 wrote: Its odd though, that many people see it differently to you Ahso. I disagree with most of what tude and halfway post. I'm on the opposite end of any spectrum they inhabit but they must be given the freedom to express those views - providing they are not offensive - without harassment

You however are never far behind them both, with an insult. I'm in agreement with Oscar - and that don't happen too often. They have shown a lot of restraintIt's not odd at all if you look at the history of my posting. My views are outside the main stream.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1426124 wrote: The insult is on the argument, not the poster. Simply because I've colored the thread for amusement should not deter anyone's participation on the subject.


Then that proves my assumption. You have taken parts of other threads totally out of context with each other to form a new thread In order to get other members to participate whilst Insulting Tude Dog and halfway for ' amusement'.

That is not ' amusement '. That is trolling, baiting, flaming, with an attempt to belittle and humiliate.

You have just said it yourself In this post. Not enough members viewing your threads to see your Insults to two other members so you have started a new thread to get attention for yourself.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1426126 wrote: Then that proves my assumption. You have taken parts of other threads totally out of context with each other to form a new thread In order to get other members to participate whilst Insulting Tude Dog and halfway for ' amusement'.

That is not ' amusement '. That is trolling, baiting, flaming, with an attempt to belittle and humiliate.

You have just said it yourself In this post. Not enough members viewing your threads to see your Insults to two other members so you have started a new thread to get attention for yourself.Seriously, Oscar, get a grip. All the posts came from one thread and they all are in context. Nobody but you has lodged such a complaint. Your assumptions are so far afoul it's laughable.

I figured the thread would get attention by the title, but seriously folks, it's not necessary to be so sensitive. But who knows, perhaps Bryn will agree with you and take action. If that happens, you'll all be glad I started this thread. :wah: No doubt its been reported.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1426129 wrote: Seriously, Oscar, get a grip. All the posts came from one thread and they all are in context. Nobody but you has lodged such a complaint. Your assumptions are so far afoul it's laughable.

I figured the thread would get attention by the title, but seriously folks, it's not necessary to be so sensitive. But who knows, perhaps Bryn will agree with you and take action. If that happens, you'll all be glad I started this thread. :wah: No doubt its been reported. Then you are so wrong.

I am not the only one complaining. Your thread was reported the minute you posted It and not by me. Others who have posted In the green room also are complaining.

Posted by ahso

" It's not odd at all if you look at the history of my posting. My views are outside the main stream."

That's the part you are not grasping here and It's not just me trying to explain this to you. No-one Is reading your threads any more because they descend Into a battle between you, Tude Dog and Halfway. We are not reading your threads any more so we don't know of your history of posting.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm just trying to get you to see why no-one Is reading your threads any more. People just switch off
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

The attention this one got says differently. BTW, there aren't that many people here to be complaining "in the green room". But, that's okay, lots of you folks misinterpret my posts. No biggie, I'm used to it.

It's funny though because nobody complains about Accountable going around calling members cowards and saying "phuck you" or "you all can phuck yourselves"; nor does anyone complain when people make backhanded insults in passive aggressive ways (I'm not talking about you, Snooze). What about what HW says anytime someone quotes me or that TD accuses me of "making stuff up" when I post.

You all can selectively complain all you want, however, when you all finally become consistent, perhaps people worth remaining members might stay.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1426135 wrote: The attention this one got says differently. BTW, there aren't that many people here to be complaining "in the green room". But, that's okay, lots of you folks misinterpret my posts. No biggie, I'm used to it.

It's funny though because nobody complains about Accountable going around calling members cowards and saying "phuck you" or "you all can phuck yourselves"; nor does anyone complain when people make backhanded insults in passive aggressive ways (I'm not talking about you, Snooze). What about what HW says anytime someone quotes me or that TD accuses me of "making stuff up" when I post.

You all can selectively complain all you want, however, when you all finally become consistent, perhaps people worth remaining members might stay.
As It happens, I agree with you on some of those points.

The forum does suffer snide comments, personal attacks and digs that often go under the radar of the admin. The point Is, when It's the same people all the time on the same subject, people just switch off those threads because It becomes same old same old.

I agree with you about consistency . Unfortunately that's down to perception by the Individual reader. What may be outrageous to some, Is not seen as offensive by others.

That's what happens with people...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

Well, what about you, Oscar? You refer to HW as "halfWit" when he posts something you don't like, then you're back to HalfWay otherwise. Care to take responsibility for that type behavior?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1426140 wrote: Well, what about you, Oscar? You refer to HW as "halfWit" when he posts something you don't like, then you're back to HalfWay otherwise. Care to take responsibility for that type behavior?


Yes i did. I called Halfway ' Halfwit' once and he responded. Once Ahso, not every damn thread I or he posts. That's the difference. You overkill.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

No, Oscar, it's a pattern with you. When a member crosses you you become arrogant, aggressive and insulting. Take responsibility or stop complaining about others.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Snooz »

I can understand the animosity toward Halfway, his posts seem insidious and slyly trollish but tude seems like a decent guy. I don't necessarily agree with his views but then I don't usually read these kind of threads for it to bother me.
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Snooz »

Ahso!;1426135 wrote: The attention this one got says differently. BTW, there aren't that many people here to be complaining "in the green room". But, that's okay, lots of you folks misinterpret my posts. No biggie, I'm used to it.

It's funny though because nobody complains about Accountable going around calling members cowards and saying "phuck you" or "you all can phuck yourselves"; nor does anyone complain when people make backhanded insults in passive aggressive ways (I'm not talking about you, Snooze). What about what HW says anytime someone quotes me or that TD accuses me of "making stuff up" when I post.

You all can selectively complain all you want, however, when you all finally become consistent, perhaps people worth remaining members might stay.


That made me laugh.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

SnoozeAgain;1426145 wrote: That made me laugh. And me
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1426142 wrote: No, Oscar, it's a pattern with you. When a member crosses you you become arrogant, aggressive and insulting. Take responsibility or stop complaining about others.


Awww Thanks Ahso. You've made my day.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1426108 wrote: ...in fact it proves to be nothing more than a Turd. A dumb dog all the same.



Wayne LaPierre: 'How Many Bostonians Wished They Had A Gun Two Weeks Ago?'

I figured I'd supply you this link just in case it wasn't enough for you that your mentor agreed with me on this, TD.


Your claim was,

Ahso!;1426108 wrote: Yeah, so the gun lobby can make the case that these two would have been caught or gunned down a lot sooner had Massachusetts had more LIBERAL gun laws. Phucking liberals.


Thanks for the link as it proves my point.

When brave law enforcement officers did their jobs

so courageously, good guys with guns stopped terrorists with guns.


No where did he suggest civilians themselves go out and shoot those guys. Nothing about those two being stopped sooner if people had guns in their home.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Hurrah... the Cavalry Is here
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1426148 wrote: Awww Thanks Ahso. You've made my day.Now stop complaining.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1426149 wrote: Your claim was,



Thanks for the link as it proves my point.



No where did he suggest civilians themselves go out and shoot those guys. Nothing about those two being stopped sooner if people had guns in their home. What is it you thought LaPierre meant when he said "How many Bostonians wished they had guns two weeks ago?"
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1426151 wrote: Now stop complaining. You are so full of s'hit that I don't now weather to offer you a mint for your breath or toilet tissue.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1426150 wrote: Hurrah... the Cavalry Is hereWhat does this mean, Oscar, that you were holding the fort down by making the thread about me until the calvary (TD) arrived? I've got to tell you that it doesn't speak well of you when TD is the mature and informative one in the crowd. You should stop now before you dig yourself deep, again. This is another pattern with you, in case you didn't know.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1426154 wrote: You are so full of s'hit that I don't now weather to offer you a mint for your breath or toilet tissue.Oh yes, and then you resort to childish insults. FYI. Why not just call me a penishead again.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1426153 wrote: How many Bostonians wished they had a gun two weeks ago?




How many other Americans now ponder that life-or-death question?


I don't believe he needs me to explain.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by tude dog »

oscar;1426150 wrote: Hurrah... the Cavalry Is here


Dunno about cavalry.

I enjoyed reading all those posts. I debated if I should even post here, but couldn't pass up that it took a week to find and post something which doesn't support his claim.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

tude dog;1426171 wrote: Dunno about cavalry.

I enjoyed reading all those posts. I debated if I should even post here, but couldn't pass up that it took a week to find and post something which doesn't support his claim.


I'm English... I don't even know what he's talking about but i do know attention seeking.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1426170 wrote: I don't believe he needs me to explain.Dodging again? You asked for this discussion, didn't you?

I'm asking you how you take that sentence. Why would more Bostonians owning guns have had an effect on the bombing? Is LePew suggesting that Boston Ma was chosen as the bombing site because not many residents own guns there? Was he saying that a higher gun ownership would have made the police less likely to go door to door? What does the statement mean in your view, if it is not suggesting that more guns in the local population would have meant a quicker resolution (i.e. bad guys caught or gunned down by the local residents) after the bombing?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by tude dog »

In the OP, Ahso!'s little chronology he quoted Accountable

Originally Posted by Accountable

Agreed,...


I can be wrong, but seems to me Ahso! was a little more than dishonest here.

Ahso!;1426108 wrote: I figured I'd supply you this link just in case it wasn't enough for you that your mentor agreed with me on this, TD.


Seems to me he was referring to this post,

Lock down

post #51

Agreed, but what has that to do with this thread? No one had guns except the police.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1426175 wrote: In the OP, Ahso!'s little chronology he quoted Accountable



I can be wrong, but seems to me Ahso! was a little more than dishonest here.



Seems to me he was referring to this post,

Lock down

post #51The rest of it was about being off topic and was irrelevant to this discussion. There's nothing there to incriminate me. Quit trying to make yourself out to be a victim here.

Are you going to answer the inquiry or are you going to prove me right that the dog of an argument you put forward and that I quoted in the op not only can't hunt but is in fact just a turd of an argument, thus a venture in trolling?

You know what I think the quote by that smelly skunk Peppy Lepew says, now it's your turn.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by tude dog »

I already wrote;

tude dog;1426149 wrote:

No where did he suggest civilians themselves go out and shoot those guys. Nothing about those two being stopped sooner if people had guns in their home.


That has been my point all along.

Read into it all you want. You won't get any argument from me.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1426177 wrote: I already wrote;



That has been my point all along.

Read into it all you want. You won't get any argument from me.But I did get an argument from you, albeit a dog to a turd argument. Accountable and I agree that the first quote I offered is a suggestion that an armed society would in fact result in people committing crimes being more likely be caught or gunned down by said armed society, and I think he probably would agree with me on this second quote as well, though he has yet to do that. Not that that matters to me as much as I suppose it does to you (you have shown a propensity to follow his lead even when it means abandoning your own position).

People interpret what others say, it's called communicating and people such as lawyers who hold positions as Wayne LaPierre do tend to have a purpose when making public statements. Would you disagree with that?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1426178 wrote: Accountable and I agree that the first quote I offered is a suggestion that an armed society would in fact result in people committing crimes being more likely be caught or gunned down[/I] by said armed society, and I think he probably would agree with me on this second quote as well, though he has yet to do that. Not that that matters to me as much as I suppose it does to you (you have shown a propensity to follow his lead even when it means abandoning your own position).


So you and Accountable are the gun lobby?

Ahso!;1426178 wrote: Yeah, so the gun lobby can make the case that these two would have been caught or gunned down a lot sooner had Massachusetts had more LIBERAL gun laws. Phucking liberals.


You still fail to show me just who in that "gun lobby" made that claim.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1426196 wrote: So you and Accountable are the gun lobby?



You still fail to show me just who in that "gun lobby" made that claim.Is it that you're dense? What is so difficult about this? Both quotes are attributable to Wayne LaPierre (aka Peppy LePew). LePew is a member of the lobbying firm known as the NRA. Did you not know that?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1426198 wrote: Is it that you're dense?


Yes

Could have ended this a lot sooner by putting Mr.LaPierre comments in context.

Here he was making the pitch for armed guards in every school. Read it yourself, you will find the quote in page 2.

Remarks from the NRA press conference on Sandy Hook school shooting, delivered on Dec. 21, 2012 (Transcript)

As brave and heroic and as self-sacrificing as those teachers were in those classrooms and as prompt and professional and well- trained as those police were when they responded, they were unable -- through no fault of their own, unable to stop it.

As parents we do everything we can to keep our children safe. It’s now time for us to assume responsibility for our schools. The only way -- the only way to stop a monster from killing our kids is to be personally involved and invested in a plan of absolute protection.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.



Would you rather have your 911 call bring a good guy with a gun from a mile away or from a minute away?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

This Dog Don't Hunt...

Post by Ahso! »

Are you going to bother addressing the other quote? I'll respond to this after you do that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Gun Control”