Adolphus Busch IV Resigns From NRA

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

More famous NRA members should follow in this guy's footsteps. WASHINGTON -- Adolphus Busch IV, heir to the Busch family brewing fortune, resigned his lifetime membership in the National Rifle Association on Thursday, writing in a letter to NRA President David Keene, "I fail to see how the NRA can disregard the overwhelming will of its members who see background checks as reasonable." The resignation, first reported by KSDK, came a day after the Senate rejected a series of amendments to a gun control bill, including a bipartisan deal to expand background checks for gun sales. The NRA had vigorously opposed all those measures.

"The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established," wrote Busch. "Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members."

Adolphus Busch IV Resigns From NRA After Gun Control Defeat In Senate
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Wow. That's really admirable especially considering the power and influence that the NRA holds. I hope he doesn't meet with an untimely death or accident... cuz I wouldn't put anything past that group.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

SnoozeAgain;1424931 wrote: Wow. That's really admirable especially considering the power and influence that the NRA holds. I hope he doesn't meet with an untimely death or accident... cuz I wouldn't put anything past that group.

Ssssh

Contract is out as everybody knows the widespread following this Adolphus Busch IV guy has in such matters. :yh_sick
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

How about some punctuation. Just a little, okay? Nobody's asking for perfection, just an attempt.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1424947 wrote: How about some punctuation. Just a little, okay? Nobody's asking for perfection, just an attempt.

WOW, dat gots me brnd gud.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Former Sen. Al D'Amato (R-N.Y.) had some harsh remarks for lawmakers who voted against a gun-buyer background check bill earlier this week, saying he thinks "you've got to be a jackass" to not support background checks.

At an event for Republican Dina DeGiorgio, who is running for town supervisor in North Hempstead, New York, D'Amato said he was disappointed in his party over the vote, Patch reports.

"By the way, I'm a Republican. I'm not always very proud of what our party has been doing, particularly lately on the national level," D'Amato said. "I think you've got to be a jackass to be voting against background checks for people buying guns."

D'Amato publicly expressed support for the background check bill on April 15, warning opponents they were making a "tragic mistake" by not supporting the measure.

Al D'Amato: 'You've Got To Be A Jackass To Be Voting Against Background Checks'

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1424977 wrote: Al D'Amato: 'You've Got To Be A Jackass To Be Voting Against Background Checks'

Name calling goes a long way.

Who is this D'Anato guy who does not present a cogent argument, but retreats to school yard blustering?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

That's what he was famous for when he was a senator, and the right loved him for it. I think he was known as a sort of pitbull for the right. You haven't been following politics very long, have you. Now that he's doing his shtick to the right, you all don't care much for him, huh. Funny, that.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1424985 wrote: That's what he was famous for when he was a senator, and the right loved him for it. I think he was known as a sort of pitbull for the right.

Whatever. I never followed his career, and make no apologies for that.

Ahso!;1424985 wrote: You haven't been following politics very long, have you.

Never claimed to be a know it all. I do know the name, but apparently he never made an impression on me.

Ahso!;1424985 wrote: Now that he's doing his shtick to the right, you all don't care much for him, huh. Funny, that.

I can't speak for us all, whoever that maybe. I can only speak for myself. What I can tell you is it is just plain stupid to blindly support or not any representative. I am mature enough to criticize someone without resorting to immature name calling.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

You're truly a laugh, always playing defense and counter punching. You never actually say anything though. Go play defense attorney with someone else. Acct's a good playmate for that sort of game. He thinks that because he gets paid to play school teacher he is one.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1424993 wrote: You're truly a laugh, always playing defense and counter punching. You never actually say anything though. Go play defense attorney with someone else. Acct's a good playmate for that sort of game. He thinks that because he gets paid to play school teacher he is one.

Wow. You're really bitter, aren't you? Accusing others of doing exactly what you do, then expressing jealousy of those who do what you cannot.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Yes, you've got me pegged. I'm just a bitter person. Now that you've figured that all out correctly, you can move on. Cheers!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1424993 wrote: You're truly a laugh,

That's good, I often felt good about my ability to entertain myself, then to see it works for others gives me joy.

Ahso!;1424993 wrote: always playing defense and counter punching.

Considering all the punches I took in the ring, glad somebody notices I can dance somewhere other than on the mat.

Ahso!;1424993 wrote: You never actually say anything though.

I beg to differ. Even if I say so myself I've made some pretty good posts.

Ahso!;1424993 wrote: Go play defense attorney with someone else.

Defense attorney??

Not the way I read it. I been leading with my left all along.

Ahso!;1424993 wrote: Acct's a good playmate for that sort of game. He thinks that because he gets paid to play school teacher he is one.

This is where you loose it every time.

Not once in this entire post did you mention the subject we had at hand.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

My position on guns has been well established on this forum. Look the posts and threads up if you care to, makes no difference to me.

The threads I introduce are merely articles that support my position. Unlike you two dolts, I'm not going to continually repeat myself over and over again.

Who did you train with? I did mine with NY Golden Gloves back in the early seventies and then the Navy in the mid seventies.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

tude dog;1424997 wrote: Not once in this entire post did you mention the subject we had at hand.
And he won't. He's another one that goes on instinct and is deathly afraid of examining his own opinions, lest he find them wanting.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1424999 wrote: And he won't. He's another one that goes on instinct and is deathly afraid of examining his own opinions, lest he find them wanting.Not quite, but good try. You think that my dread of you as a school teacher is instinct? No, it's from reading your posts on this forum. You might make a valid language teacher, but as for history and economics, knowing what I know about your political philosophy - Ron Paul and your narrow opinion about the constitution with all the social complexities involved? No way would you be teaching any of my kids. And then to top it off, you live in Texas. JFC, it just keeps getting worse.

How's that for proof?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1424997 wrote: That's good, I often felt good about my ability to entertain myself, then to see it works for others gives me joy.

Considering all the punches I took in the ring, glad somebody notices I can dance somewhere other than on the mat.

Defense attorney??

Not the way I read it. I been leading with my left all along.

This is where you loose it every time.

Not once in this entire post did you mention the subject we had at hand.And you did? I started the discussion, remember? Where are yours? At least I have the courage to put myself out there.

Tell me one arguable point you've made anywhere? That so-n-so did time in prison? So what, it's meaningless bs.

That so-n-so used name calling tactics?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1425000 wrote: How's that for proof?
Proof of what?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

He's got a point about Texas.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1425001 wrote: And you did? I started the discussion, remember? Where are yours? At least I have the courage to put myself out there.

I know. It started about the King of Beers guy then went to that D'Amato guy. D'Amato made two points.

1. He favored background checks

2. Anyone who disagrees is a JACKASS

Real enlightening.

Ahso!;1425001 wrote: Tell me one arguable point you've made anywhere? That so-n-so did time in prison? So what, it's meaningless bs.

That so-n-so used name calling tactics?

You want to present criminals as typical gun owners. I don't buy that and I said so.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1425009 wrote: He's got a point about Texas.

Hey! Hush, you. ;)
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1424997 wrote: That's good, I often felt good about my ability to entertain myself, then to see it works for others gives me joy.

Defense attorney??

Not the way I read it. I been leading with my left all along.I think you lead with your face, and I think you've done that way too often.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Gun Control”