tourist trapped by two ton bell the AA grumpy column

Fact is stranger than fiction.
the grumps

Post by the grumps »

hello and welcome to another dollop of the AA grumpy column

this guy was very lucky to escape with his life after a 2 ton bell came crashing down on top of him

A PRANKSTER was lucky to escape with his life after a two-tonne temple bell came crashing down on top of him.

The tourist and his pals had been ringing the huge bronze bell vigorously - then it fell from its mounting with him standing beneath But instead of crushing him, the bell trapped him inside for hours.

The close shave happened at a Buddhist temple in the Shandong province of eastern China.

Firefighters spent more than two hours rescuing tourist Lin Wang after setting up a series of winches to lift the bell off him.

after being freed by emergency services, he remained unrepentant and said: “It’s a bell, it’s supposed to be rung “They should have made sure it was safe.”

The giant bell is used by monks to summon Buddhist priests to prayer

An angry spokesman for the temple said Lin should not have been messing around with the ancient bell He said: “This bell is very old and should have been treated with respect.

“He’s lucky he wasn’t crushed. Instead, it broke and the bell fell on top of the man like a trap.”

Safety inspectors said that screws securing the bell’s mounting bracket were wrenched out as a result of the frantic ringing.

AAG

ha ha what a total shan- DONG he certainly dropped a CLANGER messing about with that bell like that.

i think the emergency services did a BELL-ter of a job in freeing him from his two ton trap i dont think he was having the CHIME of his life in there.

they could have passed him an MP3 player underneath so he could listen to meatloaf,s dead RINGER while he was waiting to be freed.

the buddists were furious but as long as they dont have to pay compensation they couldn,t give a MONK-ies :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:wah::wah::yh_clap

(ok grumpy pour some drinks i fancy a BELLS whisky ED)
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

My head is ringing from all the puns.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Over-dosing on the puns makes you look a Bell-end Andy.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”