Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Ahso!

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Ahso! »

Georgia Baby Dead: 13-Month-Old Antonio Shot By Young Boy In Front Of Mother, Sherry West, Police Say (UPDATE)

Too bad the mother wasn't carrying, huh! Tell me - how would that have worked? A scenario, please.

"He asked me for money and I said I didn't have it," she said. "When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They're expensive. And he kept asking and I just said `I don't have it.' And he said, `Do you want me to kill your baby?' And I said, `No, don't kill my baby!'"

Police were combing school records and canvassing neighborhoods searching for the pair. While police have said the two boys were between the ages of 10 and 15, the mother says she believes the younger boy was as young as 5 years old.

She said the teen fired four shots, the first into the ground. West didn't see a shell casing ejected, and said she assumed the gun wasn't real.

Then he fired at her head and the bullet grazed her left ear - she has a small scab and bruising there. He fired again and shot her in the left leg above the knee. "I didn't know I was hurt."

"The boy proceeded to go around to the stroller and he shot my baby in the face," she said. "And then he just shoved me when I started screaming and he ran down London Street with the little boy."

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Accountable »

You're right. It's the gun's fault. If it weren't for the gun, the kids would probably be in school earning good grades. :yh_eyerol
along-for-the-ride

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Police arrest 2 teens in Ga. baby killing

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — In five years, Sherry West has lost two sons to unspeakable violence.

The Georgia mother was grieving from Thursday's shooting death of her 13-month-old son in his stroller during an attempted robbery while they took a morning stroll. In 2008, her 18-year-old son was stabbed in an altercation in New Jersey.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Ahso!

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1423034 wrote: You're right. It's the gun's fault. If it weren't for the gun, the kids would probably be in school earning good grades. :yh_eyerolIsn't this a strawman argument?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Scrat

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Scrat »

Too bad the mother wasn't carrying, huh! Tell me - how would that have worked? A scenario, please.

I have to say Ahso that if the mother had a gun and knew how to use it there is a high probability that child would still be alive. Things would have went differently, I'm not going to make any predictions. No one can predict the future.

Like it or not we live where we live. Our society is sick and violent, the very basis of our philosophy we live by is bipolar. It's all about the weak and the strong, rich and poor, predator and prey. It doesn't matter how you church it up, deep down we are what we are.

I don't like guns. Period. End of story. But it appears that predators do, I will not allow myself to be prey.

Simple as that.
Ahso!

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Ahso! »

So, mom sees the teen approaching (is his gun exposed or not?)

Mom is wearing a holster? Where's her gun? On top of the stroller? That's a great idea.

Teen draws his gun - mom fumbles to grab hers (unless she's already holding it). Maybe mom should just walk the baby wearing a rifle strapped across her back?

Teen sees mom going for gun - shoots her and baby and runs.

TD and a couple of other neighbors come running out of the house randomly firing at the teen (with acct in the background waving the constitution), hitting a dog or two or perhaps a person driving a car - other neighbors appear with their AK's and, presto, we have an old fashioned shoot-out.

Great idea! Let's all get our gun permits. YAHOOEE!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Ahso! »

If carrying guns were the answer to gun violence then the safest place would be in a gang, and that just isn't so.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1423059 wrote: If carrying guns were the answer to gun violence then the safest place would be in a gang, and that just isn't so.

Who claims that carrying a gun is the answer to violence?

I have never claimed that, nor have I seen where anybody does, at least with any credibility.

I carry a concealed gun everywhere legal I go. It is not lost on me that much can happen, to quickly for me to even think of drawing my gun.

But then again, lethal force should always be the last option.

In some places, Chicago, joining a gang for protection may make sense, but for all practical purposes, guns are illegal there.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Accountable

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Accountable »

along-for-the-ride;1423040 wrote: Police arrest 2 teens in Ga. baby killing

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — In five years, Sherry West has lost two sons to unspeakable violence.

The Georgia mother was grieving from Thursday's shooting death of her 13-month-old son in his stroller during an attempted robbery while they took a morning stroll. In 2008, her 18-year-old son was stabbed in an altercation in New Jersey.
That's horrible. :yh_flower
Accountable

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1423059 wrote: If carrying guns were the answer to gun violence then the safest place would be in a gang, and that just isn't so.
It's crystal clear that you don't give a flying phuck about this woman or her loss, only that it's a convenient vehicle to spread your bile.
Scrat

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Scrat »

If carrying guns were the answer to gun violence then the safest place would be in a gang, and that just isn't so.

I think it's the only answer we have at the moment. There are so many guns out there in the wrong hands what are we going to do? Are all the predators going to just change their minds overnight? I doubt it. I do think that if she had been armed the situation would have not been so bad. I do think that if the punk knew there was a possibility she was armed then he would have thought twice. I do believe in deterrence. Gangs? Think about it, if the woman had been with friends or in a group would she have been a target?

I also think that one thing that might help is to get medieval on punks. Publicly.

Don 't get me wrong I don't like any of this. I'm not one to deny reality though.
Accountable

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Accountable »

Good post, Scrat.
Bryn Mawr

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Accountable;1423034 wrote: You're right. It's the gun's fault. If it weren't for the gun, the kids would probably be in school earning good grades. :yh_eyerol

So who's fault is it that they have access to the gun - Who's taught them a gun gives you the right to behave this way?

A gun is not just a tool - it's a way of life an an attitude and your gun culture skews your whole national psyche.

Trite responses like that are beneath you Acc!
Accountable

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Accountable »

Bryn Mawr;1423152 wrote: So who's fault is it that they have access to the gun - Who's taught them a gun gives you the right to behave this way?

A gun is not just a tool - it's a way of life an an attitude and your gun culture skews your whole national psyche.

Trite responses like that are beneath you Acc!So is exploiting a tragedy to make a political point, but it's not beneath Ahso and it's not beneath our top senator, either.

Harry Reid Implies Sequester Caused Explosion That Killed 7 Marines In Nevada | RealClearPolitics
Snooz

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Snooz »

And you know it wasn't?
flopstock

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1423165 wrote: And you know it wasn't?

Marine Corps Rips Reid: "Pure Political Posturing On The Backs Of Those Dead Marines" | RealClearPolitics
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Snooz »

I wouldn't expect them to react any other way. Would they prefer to blame poor training and stupid recruits? (Which I'm not suggesting is the reason either, by the way.) We just don't know at this point
flopstock

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1423168 wrote: I wouldn't expect them to react any other way. Would they prefer to blame poor training and stupid recruits? (Which I'm not suggesting is the reason either, by the way.) We just don't know at this point

If we don't know, we don't know. So why is it being used politically? IMO, because the 'why' doen't matter nearly as much as the opportunity it presents does.:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by flopstock »

along-for-the-ride;1423040 wrote: Police arrest 2 teens in Ga. baby killing

That's really sad.

Accountable

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1423168 wrote: I wouldn't expect them to react any other way. Would they prefer to blame poor training and stupid recruits? (Which I'm not suggesting is the reason either, by the way.) We just don't know at this point
Actually we do know that the sequestration had nothing at all to do with the accident because it was planned and paid for well ahead of time.
along-for-the-ride

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

An update on this case:

Suspected baby shooter's mom, aunt, arrested - CNN.com
Saint_

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Saint_ »

Ahso!;1423058 wrote: So, mom sees the teen approaching (is his gun exposed or not?)

Mom is wearing a holster? Where's her gun? On top of the stroller? That's a great idea.

Teen draws his gun - mom fumbles to grab hers (unless she's already holding it). Maybe mom should just walk the baby wearing a rifle strapped across her back?

Teen sees mom going for gun - shoots her and baby and runs.

TD and a couple of other neighbors come running out of the house randomly firing at the teen (with acct in the background waving the constitution), hitting a dog or two or perhaps a person driving a car - other neighbors appear with their AK's and, presto, we have an old fashioned shoot-out.

Great idea! Let's all get our gun permits. YAHOOEE!

I agree. If we follow Scrat's logic, the result is that every single, man, woman, and child would carry a gun. How can any sane person believe that would be a society to live in? It's societal suicide. We weren't even that crazy in the 1800s.
tude dog

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1423058 wrote:

TD and a couple of other neighbors come running out of the house randomly firing at the teen

You wanna talk a buncha BS and make an ass out or yourself, just please leave me out of it.

I am fine if you quote me here, but I really resent you including me in your little stories of fantasy to make a point. I am not a puppet in your theater of foolishness. No strings attached here.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Scrat

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Post by Scrat »

I agree. If we follow Scrat's logic, the result is that every single, man, woman, and child would carry a gun. How can any sane person believe that would be a society to live in? It's societal suicide. We weren't even that crazy in the 1800s.

I'll be the first one to admit my posts were not "logical", just practical for the times and place I live in. Logic doesn't apply to this debate if you ask me, it's not like we all have a dose of Innerverse in us do we? Building enough nuclear weapons to sterilize the earth was not logical either now was it? WE DID IT ANYWAY!!

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

Teen Shoots Baby In Face

Another turn in baby-shooting saga: Commissioner arrested - CNN.com

Return to “Gun Control”