Petition: 15-year-old rape survivor sentenced to be whipped 100 times in public, in t

Ahso!

Petition: 15-year-old rape survivor sentenced to be whipped 100 times in public, in t

Post by Ahso! »

Avaaz - Horror in paradise

Just disgusting!

354,572 have signed. Let's get to 500,000

Posted: 20 March 2013

It's hard to believe, but a 15-year-old rape survivor has been sentenced to be whipped 100 times in public! Let's put an end to this lunacy by hitting the Maldives government where it hurts: the tourism industry.

The girl's stepfather is accused of raping her for years and murdering the baby she bore. Now the court says she must be flogged for “sex outside marriage”! President Waheed of the Maldives is already feeling global pressure on this, and we can force him to save this girl and change the law to spare other victims this cruel fate. This is how we can end the War on Women – by standing up every time an outrage like this happens.

Tourism is the big earner for the Maldives elite, including government ministers. Let's build a million-strong petition to President Waheed this week, then threaten the islands' reputation through hard-hitting ads in travel magazines and online until he steps in to save her and abolish this outrageous law. Sign now and share this with everyone to get us to a million!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

It's a Muslim thing.

Nothing new here.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

Post by gmc »

tude dog;1422978 wrote: It's a Muslim thing.

Nothing new here.

It's a biblical thing, sex is the original sin that got us tossed out of paradise and the female the evil temptress responsible. Even in western society rape victims are likely to be blamed for "asking for it".
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

gmc;1423007 wrote: It's a biblical thing, sex is the original sin that got us tossed out of paradise and the female the evil temptress responsible.
You must own a very strange translation. In mine it says the pair of them ate the fruit of a forbidden tree. Your notion of sex is an interpolation entirely of your own devising.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
gmc

Post by gmc »

FG;1423015 wrote: You must own a very strange translation. In mine it says the pair of them ate the fruit of a forbidden tree. Your notion of sex is an interpolation entirely of your own devising.

Nope, it isn't you can find fundamentalists that think like that and the notion has a lot to do with the guilt some religions like to place around sex. But my apologies I was being facetious and it was a feeble attempt and not really relevant to the thrterad and if I'd thought fpr more than a few seconds I probably would not have posted anything. I shouldn't post late at night when I am tired.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Rape is not sex any more than bashing someones head in with a baseball bat is a quick game of baseball.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Just curious, has anyone from here been willing to sign the petition?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1422978 wrote: It's a Muslim thing.

Nothing new here.Perhaps we should invade so we could teach these folks the proper way to treat the females of that county? Since they're Muslim, they're not worth the time it takes to register an objection to this behavior?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1423043 wrote: Perhaps we should invade so we could teach these folks the proper way to treat the females of that county? Since they're Muslim, they're not worth the time it takes to register an objection to this behavior?

ur a funny guy:rolleyes:

Even then, the proper folk in town knew right from wrong.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

already did it through FB ahso
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Ahso!;1423042 wrote: Just curious, has anyone from here been willing to sign the petition?

I have indeed
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “Crimes Trials”