North Korea overreacts to ROK-US exercise by surge in air force sorties

Jessica12

Post by Jessica12 »

North Korean jet fighters have flown an unprecedented number of sorties in recent days in apparent response to a joint ROK-US military exercise. The number of sorties by fighter jets and helicopters peaked at 700 on the day Key Resolve exercise was launched. North Korea spent around $2.7m on air force sorties. This is the equivalent of a day's worth of food for all of North Korea. It almost seems like North Korea is trying to compete with the ROK-US in the scale of the exercise. However, it is very obvious that North Korea lacks resources to conduct such exercise. The Soviet Union did not collapse because it did not have nuclear weapons. They collapsed because they invested in nuclear weapons when they could not really afford it. North Korea is taking the same path as the Soviet Union.

(Daily NK - North Steps Up Reconnaissance Sorties)
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Go back to your village, moron.
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

Reunification would solve all these problems, I urge the South to throw off their Imperialist yoke and heal Korea.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Sounds good to me. Koreans need to find common ground without interference from other powers. Unfortunately I don't think that is ever going to happen, China and America will not allow it at this point, China has invested 100s of billions into N K infrastructure. America has an interest in its hegemony in the region. S Korea has an interest in the standoff economically and socially.

Hopefully someday this will not end up a blood bath of epic proportions.

Return to “International Politics”