Do Everest make good Mattresses please?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Hi I hope this is the right forum? I am looking for a mattress and I wandered into a second hand shop, and saw a new memory foam double mattress with springs in as well by Everest. My old mattress is slowly wearing out and I can feel the springs a bit now and it twangs from time to time (not often). The mattress is priced at £175.00 with £35 delivery. althrough the woman whom I next saw quoted £25.

I have curvature of the spine and I do sometimes get achy hips in the morning so I don‘t want it too hard. Please can you advise me, my dad wants me to save my money and go for something a bit cheaper. But I am not going to get any better then that. I have laid on it and it felt weird because of the clear plastic covering that was still on it.

I have seen one at £299 at another shop which was by a manufacturer called Viscount, but I liked that one because the cellophane wasn’t on it and I could feel it properly.

Can you advise me what I should do please? Sorry if this is a silly question?

Many thanks for reading this post.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I am assuming that you are budgeting your mattress purchase and I can appreciate that, however, If you have a curvature of the spine and other back problems, don't go second hand, get a new mattress and try it out before you buy it. This is too important a health issue to take a chance on a second hand mattress.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Hi thanks for your replay. Its a brand new mattress never been used. I tried out one by Duchess as well, is that a good make?

I liked the Duchess better as it felt more softer then the Everest. A lot of people say they get to hoot on a memory foam mattress
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Too hot? I can see that. I have a thin memory foam pad on my mattress and it gets quite warm.
Aura

Post by Aura »

We'll I'll put a deposite on the Duchess tommorrow and let you know how it goes. Its from a shop in Boscombe, Dorset called SouthCoast Living opposite the Soverign centre. Anyone know this shop?

Return to “General Chit Chat”