How soon after a tongue piercing can you eat normally?

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
Hoony Ready

Post by Hoony Ready »

Hello everybody,

If you have pierced your tongue, and if you are unable to eat, I have want to give suggestion or advice about it. You need to stay away from dairy and beer and cigarettes for about 5 days even if you feel fine, because they can cause a nasty yeast infection in your mouth called thrush. When I got my tongue pierced, I stuck to soft foods for about 2 days, and was eating normal foods but no dairy by the third day. Within a week you should be fine. Definitely switch to a shorter barbell as soon as you possibly can - it will make it much easier to talk and eat. I have a terrible lisp with a 5/8" barbell so I got a shorter one, and I'm very comfortable at 1/2"

Best Regards,

- Hoony Ready.

Candidafood.com
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

^^I reckon that depends on what you're eating^^
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Hello everybody. If you have pierced your tongue...

WHAT THE BLAZES WERE YOU THINKING?!!!:-5

Seriously, body piercing is self-mutilation and piercing the most bacteria-laden part of your body, the mouth, is just asking for a life-threatening or maiming infection. :yh_beatup

Then there's the point that piercing is a permanent fashion statement... and fashion is never] permanent! What seems cool to you now may be totally gross and blase a decade from now.:lips:

Then there's the fact that business is conservative. All of the lawyers I know say that if there is any piercing or tattoo that is visible when you are wearing business clothes, you can't ever work for them. You will be seen as unprofessional in the courtroom and possibly cost your clients. There's lots of other business owners that feel the same way, your right to free expression ends where their right not to have you scare away their customers begins.

Think about it.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Saint_;1359711 wrote: Hello everybody. If you have pierced your tongue...

WHAT THE BLAZES WERE YOU THINKING?!!!:-5

Seriously, body piercing is self-mutilation and piercing the most bacteria-laden part of your body, the mouth, is just asking for a life-threatening or maiming infection. :yh_beatup

Then there's the point that piercing is a permanent fashion statement... and fashion is never] permanent! What seems cool to you now may be totally gross and blase a decade from now.:lips:

Then there's the fact that business is conservative. All of the lawyers I know say that if there is any piercing or tattoo that is visible when you are wearing business clothes, you can't ever work for them. You will be seen as unprofessional in the courtroom and possibly cost your clients. There's lots of other business owners that feel the same way, your right to free expression ends where their right not to have you scare away their customers begins.

Think about it.

Totally agree - madness.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I pierced my tongue once.

Bit clean through with my canines. One of those moments I will never forget. Got kneed in the chin during a rugby game my shipmates and I got into with some British sailors in Norfolk.

Dam it hurt. By the time the game was over, I couldn't talk. Ended up on medical restriction for a month.

Still have a scar.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Hoony Ready;1359698 wrote: Hello everybody,

If you have pierced your tongue, and if you are unable to eat, I have want to give suggestion or advice about it. You need to stay away from dairy and beer and cigarettes for about 5 days even if you feel fine, because they can cause a nasty yeast infection in your mouth called thrush. When I got my tongue pierced, I stuck to soft foods for about 2 days, and was eating normal foods but no dairy by the third day. Within a week you should be fine. Definitely switch to a shorter barbell as soon as you possibly can - it will make it much easier to talk and eat. I have a terrible lisp with a 5/8" barbell so I got a shorter one, and I'm very comfortable at 1/2"

Best Regards,

- Hoony Ready.

Why do something that is potentially deadly and makes you talk funny, especially since most people won't even see it?
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I'm sorry but I have a mental image of the interaction between a magnetized fork and a tongue stud.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Ya, I don't get that stuff either.. man it must hurt.. or how people get them through their nipples and stuff... whyyyy? why would someone want to do that???
Ch3shir3Cat

Post by Ch3shir3Cat »

@Saint_

Body piercings are not permanent unless you get an insanely large one like what you see in most peoples ears when they have size 5 or lower gages in their ears.

@mikeinie

Whether or not it hurts to get done depends on the person, I can't take any kind of pain without squirming but when I got my tongue pierced it didn't hurt at all. I also watched one of my friends get her nipples pierced and she is also a baby when it comes to pain...didn't scream one bit. As for why I got mine done cuz I can use it to tease my boyfriend or girlfriend and it's fun to play with, as for nipple piercings or clit piercings or dick piercings those are generally for sexual purposes plus they increase how sensitive you are in that area generally(unless the person screwed up when they were piercing you)

Tongue rings actually don't get infected as much as many people think, and the only reason they do become infected is because that specific person didn't listen to their piercer's after-care instructions which is mostly no solid foods for 5 days, no food containing wheat, yeast or dairy for a week or so and clean your mouth out with 1/2 mouth wash 1/2 water as well as avoid drinking anything hot. That's not very hard to follow so if someone gets an infection it's their own fault. You are more likely to bite your tongue then get an infection due to the fact that the human mouth produces anti-bacteria germs to help keep your mouth from getting infected.

As for what to eat it all depends on the person, some people can go out and eat pizza while others are eating yogurt just find what you personally can eat. The after care directions are important to follow but they are also just a guideline. Just make sure you don't eat spicy foods since that can irritate it also the reason why you may be biting down on your tongue ring is because the bar is a lot bigger so your tongue has room to swell when you first get it pierced. After a week or 2 though you can change it out for a smaller one depending on who pierced your tongue and their policies Just make sure you clean your mouth out after every time you eat.

I personally got mine done a week ago and I stuck to ice cubes, popsicles, shakes, slushies and other cold things so my tongue never swelled up. The day after there was no pain so I started with soft things like ramen and salad and mashed potatoes. I don't suggest eating tomato's or anything citric.....it burns like a bitch I found out the hard way. I have had yogurt stuff and a few dairy things like ranch and milk but my tongue is completely fine, no infection whatsoever but I also cleaned my mouth out with not only mouthwash but toothpaste as well so there was no germs to create an infection. But again that goes back to the whole it depends on the person, some people cant eat all the stuff I have without getting a small infection and some people could eat more it really just depends on how well you take care of your mouth
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

How soon after a brain piercing til I get smarter?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Lately I've noticed when the upper lip is pierced & no jewelry is worn you can distinctly see the hole.

"How soon after a brain piercing til I get smarter?"

:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I've just noticed this thread........................................... Gordon Bennet !!!!! Who the heck is off their head enough to even want a tongue piercing ? I reckon these people are all masochists ! There's only one piercing worse than the tongue piercing and that is the nose piercing !! That is so revolting, it almost makes me heave to even think about it. I think people who have this 'thing' for body piercing, need a little help. Who, in their right mind, has the urge to self mutilate ? They need to get a life ! :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

G#Gill;1493292 wrote: I think people who have this 'thing' for body piercing, need a little help. Who, in their right mind, has the urge to self mutilate ?

Absolutely right! I can't stand that fad. I always think, "How is that going to look when you are 75?"
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I can't stand any form of bodily mutilation - particularly in the name of vanity - be it piercings, tattoos, implants or other plastic surgery (other than those where strictly necessary - burns, mutations, etc).

Return to “Women's Health”