Swedish Norweigan Films

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Swedish Norweigan Films

Post by Lon »

Both with Amazon Prime and Netflix I have seen several films from these countries and really enjoyed them despite having to view with English sub titles. The story line, acting, and photography is excellent.
AnneBoleyn

Swedish Norweigan Films

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Are you viewing Ingmar Bergman films? I remember liking in particular The Seventh Seal--any of his films are worthy. Max von Sydow & Liv Ullmann were among his favorite actors. I also remember liking Elvira Madigan. Then the I Am Curious-Yellow & I Am Curious-Blue which I don't think I ever saw but remember. Those films were considered too racy for most Americans back then, I bet they seem very tame now.
Lon

Swedish Norweigan Films

Post by Lon »

AnneBoleyn;1422131 wrote: Are you viewing Ingmar Bergman films? I remember liking in particular The Seventh Seal--any of his films are worthy. Max von Sydow & Liv Ullmann were among his favorite actors. I also remember liking Elvira Madigan. Then the I Am Curious-Yellow & I Am Curious-Blue which I don't think I ever saw but remember. Those films were considered too racy for most Americans back then, I bet they seem very tame now.

No Anne these were more recent films----last night I viewed "Headhunters" and previously "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Wth The Dragon Tatoo".
AnneBoleyn

Swedish Norweigan Films

Post by AnneBoleyn »

re: "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Wth The Dragon Tatoo". I would love to see those too. I really liked the British version of "Tatoo" with Daniel Craig & have heard the Swedish one is even better. When I hear Swedish films, I immediately think: Ingmar Bergman! Are you familiar with his movies?
gmc

Swedish Norweigan Films

Post by gmc »

Have a look for let the right one in, it's another swedish film remade in english that is better in the original. I think it's the subtitles you have to really pay attention and get more engrossed as a consequence.

Let the Right One In Official HD Trailer - YouTube

Also the Killing and borgen both are damish crime thrillers TV serials that have become a cult in Europe. They've remade it in english for the American market But it's probably better in the original. Why will Americans not watch foreign films? Apart from anything else the subtle cultural differences are interesting.
AnneBoleyn

Swedish Norweigan Films

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I like foreign films. I get into reading the subtitles. Yes, I've seen The Killing, American version. I liked the first season but didn't watch the second, it was too drawn out, got bored. There's too much to watch on TV.

Lately, my favorite TV shows are British, particularly Ripper Street.

Return to “General Chit Chat”