Love The Smell.

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
jones jones

Love The Smell.

Post by jones jones »

Just planted a bed about 3 metres X 1 metre of Lavender. Can't wait for it to bloom!!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tabby

Love The Smell.

Post by tabby »

Oh nice, JJ! Lavender is such a soothing scent. It's not warm enough here yet to plant anything outside.

I think my favorite flower scent is hyacinth.
Oscar Namechange

Love The Smell.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have an enormous lavender bush in my garden.... right by the gate... on the other side Is Honeysuckle... In the evening the smell as you walk past them Is awesome... I get Greenfinches on the Lavender when It goes to seed.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jones jones

Love The Smell.

Post by jones jones »

Even when I was transporting the plants in the trunk of my car, I could smell them!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tude dog

Love The Smell.

Post by tude dog »

We have a lot of lilac bushes near my house. Wife loves them.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Oscar Namechange

Love The Smell.

tude dog;1421576 wrote: We have a lot of lilac bushes near my house. Wife loves them.
I have a large Lilac tree In the front garden and the smell reminds me of my Mother.

About 4 years ago, Mr O and I were Indulging In a pot of tea and some lightly buttered crumpets when we heard a sort of swishing noise.... It was dark at the time so In the morning we found that after 10 years of my dog cocking his leg on It, the whole lot had come down and was on the roof. I was really sad to see It go. All that was left was two stumps about 3 Inches above the ground. I was astonished when It started sprouting again and now 4 years later, It's about 12 feet high and In bud as I write this.

BTW JJ.... Have you planted Old English Lavender or The French variety ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Love The Smell.

Post by Saint_ »

Which one has the poisonous leaves, flowers, berries? Lavender or Lilac?
Oscar Namechange

Love The Smell.

Saint_;1421601 wrote: Which one has the poisonous leaves, flowers, berries? Lavender or Lilac?

Lilac Isn't In fact you can make lilac wine. Lavender Isn't either, you can use It even In baking.
Saint_

Love The Smell.

Post by Saint_ »

oscar;1421602 wrote: Lilac Isn't In fact you can make lilac wine. Lavender Isn't either, you can use It even In baking.

Cool! Are they perennials? Do they come back every year? Do they like shade or bright sun? Which is the best smelling and most prolific bloomer?
Oscar Namechange

Love The Smell.

Saint_;1421604 wrote: Cool! Are they perennials? Do they come back every year? Do they like shade or bright sun? Which is the best smelling and most prolific bloomer?

This Is a good link for Lavender varieties.

http://everything-lavender.com/lavender-varieties.html

English Lavender can create large bushes and hedges and In my humble opinion Is the strongest smelling. They will flower every year and you may even get birds eating the seeds when they seed after flowering.
tude dog

Love The Smell.

Post by tude dog »

Saint_;1421604 wrote: Cool! Are they perennials? Do they come back every year? Do they like shade or bright sun? Which is the best smelling and most prolific bloomer?

All I can tell you about lilac is they bloom once a year and only for about 3-4 days. All the bushes we have are in direct sunlight.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Peter6565

Love The Smell.

Post by Peter6565 »

I like the smell of flowers because they have make me fresh with their fragrance,gardening is my hobby.My home is full of flowers.
phiferindia

Love The Smell.

Post by phiferindia »

Almost i love lilac verymuch which is the combination of white and purple. This haves sweeter and more pleasurable flavor. My grandma says, lilac is used as health remedies. I googled it. Finalize my grandma sayings. That lilac tonic is used to reduce fever as well as to prevent recurring attacks of disease. Specifically, the lilac is used to treat kidney disease and malaria.

Attached files
Environment friendly [link removed do not put it back] from phiferindia
Harry12

Love The Smell.

Post by Harry12 »

There is nothing better than to go out and enjoy the lavender for a bit, especially if are early in the morning or later on at night. There is something so relaxing about the scent of lavender mixed in with the scent of possibilities that I think we get at the start or end of the day – jealous!
The Best UK Sheds and Garden Furniture: [Link removed by Moderator]

Return to “Gardening Forum”