Germany sunnier than the U.S.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1420413 wrote: Dunno, nowadays I look at al jazeera and russia today as well as the bbc and sky for for different takes on the same story. CNN seems OK but I just watch the news bulletins sometimes. Local American news is not that interesting - I doubt you are that interested in hillwalkers being killed in avalanches on the cairngorms. It's only the nuttier claims, like this one about germany, that get attention. If it's that bad go online and watch news programmes and read papers from around the world, the different emphasis is enlightening sometimes.

I don't to be lectured on looking out for foreign points of view.

Long before the internet I was a HAM.

Wasn't so much to yack it up, but really to listen to foreign news.

I had a license, but my real interest in short wave, was to listen.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

tude dog;1420426 wrote: I don't to be lectured on looking out for foreign points of view.

Wowza...This brings back lots of memories for me. My dad was a HAM also Tube Dog. I remember listening to broadcasts from all over the world on my dad's radio when I was a child. Good memories for sure.
gmc

Post by gmc »

tude dog;1420426 wrote: I don't to be lectured on looking out for foreign points of view.

Who's lecturing you? I was commenting on what you had to say about fox and cnn. You look for offence where none is intended.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1420449 wrote: Who's lecturing you? I was commenting on what you had to say about fox and cnn. You look for offence where none is intended.

Fair enough, after reading several lines about American education then you come up with

gmc;1420449 wrote: Dunno, nowadays I look at al jazeera and russia today as well as the bbc and sky for for different takes on the same story. CNN seems OK but I just watch the news bulletins sometimes. Local American news is not that interesting -

Guess I just didn't get your point which was a direct reply to something I wrote.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

Post by gmc »

tude dog;1420573 wrote: Fair enough, after reading several lines about American education then you come up with

Guess I just didn't get your point which was a direct reply to something I wrote.

No problem, sometimes the nuances of the language get lost when written down and offence is given unintentionally. The comment about the American education system was just in passing I don't actually know enough about it to actually make any real comment on it. I have rather serious doubts that glee or films like porky's are very realistic. I occasionally watch american news programmes and the like out of curiosity, usually cnn or msnbc, just to get a different take on things. You're very polite to piers morgan - his credibility as a serious journalist or political commentator is almost zero in the UK.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I found that school drop-outs who left at 15 or 16 in England were better versed in language & Shakespeare than most American college freshmen. Just my observation of 30+ years ago.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I can't even comment on the english system except the scots one is probably better - in Scotland we have a different schooling system than they have in england. ( I will admit to a certain bias)One of the features has always been a broadly based curriculum that has served us well. Trouble is politicians like to get their mitts on it instead of leaving it to professionals.

Return to “Science”