Out of Eden Walk

tabby

Out of Eden Walk

Post by tabby »

From the article:

"Over the next seven years, journalist Paul Salopek will retrace, on foot, the path our human ancestors followed out of Africa and across the world, ending at the southern tip of South America. Along the route, Paul will report on the stories he encounters and share his experiences with students around the world."

What an immense yet gratifying trek this must be for him.

Out of Eden Walk

About the Project | Out of Eden Walk
Bryn Mawr

Out of Eden Walk

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1419269 wrote: From the article:

"Over the next seven years, journalist Paul Salopek will retrace, on foot, the path our human ancestors followed out of Africa and across the world, ending at the southern tip of South America. Along the route, Paul will report on the stories he encounters and share his experiences with students around the world."

What an immense yet gratifying trek this must be for him.

Out of Eden Walk

About the Project | Out of Eden Walk

Interesting to see the route he is proposing to follow. Difficult to know how closely that maps the route of the earliest migrations.
tabby

Out of Eden Walk

Post by tabby »

He's walked over 300 miles so far ...

Map Room | Out of Eden Walk
Ahso!

Out of Eden Walk

Post by Ahso! »

I made a donation to it. Not because this project is going to tell us anything we don't already know, rather, because this is the sort of educational message our youth needs to see their adult leaders offering them - that this is the most honest and factual story of life and human existence the world and universe presents us with. Great idea!

Thanks, Tabby!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

Out of Eden Walk

Post by tabby »

I'm sure they appreciate your donation, Ahso! :-6

Update: 1100 Miles

Out of Eden Walk

Map Room | Out of Eden Walk
tabby

Out of Eden Walk

Post by tabby »

Day 1401

4600 Miles!

He's reached Uzbekistan now. I wonder how many pairs of shoes he's gone through!
spot

Out of Eden Walk

Post by spot »

I'm impressed both at his endurance and, to be honest, his survival. How he plans to walk unscathed through America beats me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Events”