Life changed ina moment of a second....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jasmund

Post by jasmund »

-Yesterday at work I was with a patient consulting on a medication and I heard this in-humane wale,thats the best I could do to describe it, nothing I can think of can possible explain it or come close, I turned to my right to see a tech....shattered face ,panic , fear ,anger, every emotion of sadness in the instant of a second. She screamed "My, baby, my baby, do you have her with you? Oh my god my baby. She turned an ran out of the pharmacy.

-What happened? Instantly I choked back my own tears, because this women is not just an ordanary women, she takes care of her grandson who is 2, her daughter who is 20, her husband, for 25 years, heavily involved in the church etc.

-about 20 minutes before , her 11 year old daughter had called and said,

"Mom I am at the neighbors, and I am locked out" She told her to stay there and that she would call her sisters cell phone,her sister was about 45 minutes away running late, the mother called a neighbor further up the street and asked if she would watch her daughter,"sure no problem" So she phoned her back and said honey so and so will watch you , just ride your bike and call me. Well the call never came, she was hit by a car.

The neighbor had come in to tell her she needed to come with her to the hospital.

-Not sure on how it happened yet, the mom called me several times yesterday.

Broken arm,brokedn shoulder, broken collar bone,gouge missing out of her arm,

other leg possible crushed beyond repair,bruises and scrapes all over her face,

Transporting to Childrens hospital in detroit by helicopter.

Surgery needed.

-In the moment of a second I saw a mothers heart shatter.

I dont know why I am sharing all this, but you guys are my family in a way

Please Please Please, say a prayer for Deanna, she is only 11. And Julie and David

her mother and father.

-Jasmund
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

jasmund wrote: -I dont know why I am sharing all this, but you guys are my family in a way

-Jasmund

You probably need to E-vent. I'll endevor to pray. One time at Chruch I told someone that I would pray for them. Then spaced it out until I saw them the next week.

Romans 3:23 All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

Prayer is something I struggle with as a type A personality.

Your post reminds me of when my brother fell off a cliff when he was 13. The doctors were worried that he might not walk again. And prehaps with out prayer that would have been the case. He still has pain from the accident but he gets around okay for the most part.

Lotto

http://com4.runboard.com/btheagapecafe

MagicZ4941A
jasmund

Post by jasmund »

Thanks.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

We're sending good energy, Jas. Are you good friends with the grandma? She's undoubtably blaming herself and will need someone to talk to. I can't imagine the turmoil she must be feeling.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

That's such an sad story. The feelings that are going through that familys mind must be un-describeable. My thoughts and prayers are with them all through this extremely tough time. :yh_pray
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

OMG! How horrible! Will be keeping this family in my thoughts.
Sandi

Peg

Post by Peg »

It's a horrible feeling getting a call and finding out one of your children are hurt. My heart goes out to her.

You are right. In a matter of a second, life as you know it can change. I had a friend who's son was at work, took the plug off of some chemical and the odor killed him instantly. Her life was never the same again in that one second.

People are killed or paralyzed in accidents every day. In the matter of a second their lives and the lives of their families change forever. Scary thought.
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Please let us know more about the situation if you hear any news. It's so horrible when that stuff happens to kids. I hope they're able to fix her up as good as new. I will pray for her to be back in her feet again.
cars

Post by cars »

Sending prayers & best wishes for her total recovery!
Cars :)
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Jasmund my prayers have been said and will continue all day. Please keep all of us imformed of Deanna's surgery and what happens. :yh_sad
minks

Post by minks »

Best of luck to the little girl and her family Jas. And we hope for a speedy recovery.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

We are praying, keep us updated please, Jas.....................
Kathy

Post by Kathy »

Oh I don't even know these people and I am bawling my eyes out. Of course many prayers are being said. Please send an update as soon as you can!
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Many :-4 Many :-4 Many prayers-- I will tell you what- sharing on here makes you feel like people are out there - Giving there 100% of love to them..a faster healing maybe? maybe not..but extra prayers and good wishes have NEVER hurt anyone....Thanks for sharing...

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

My heart goes out to the family. :-4 My prayers are on the way to God.:yh_pray
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Ditto ditto ditto to everything everyone has said. This is a parents worst fear...that they cannot protect their babies. So many prayers are being said, mine included, that between us we'll make God jump! Didn't someone say the other day that the angels are there...waiting to help us...all we have to do is ask? Well I'll be asking all the angels and Mary who, as a mother, understands us so well...

I'll be thinking of and praying for you all constantly. Please God that we get a quick and positive reply.
grizabela

Post by grizabela »

Jasmund, I can't even begin to imagine how that family is feeling. Poor little one. My prayers are going up with all the others.
jasmund

Post by jasmund »

UPDATE!!!!!!

Julie, the women I work with, it's her daughter Deanna that was hit by a car

-4 blood transfusions(cant find why her platelette count)wont stay up

-left leg shattered, put a metal rod inside of leg with screws etc through the skin

must keep on for at least 1 year.

-other leg metal rod on the outside screws etc.

-wrist reconstructive surg

-arm broke

-shoulder broke

-head, all bruised and scraped

-had surg to try to find bleeding and for legs

The bus had stopped and had 4 way flashers on, with the stop sighn out, children were exiting the bus, Deanna crossed on her bike, and a women on a cell-phone hit her, never slowed down or hit the breaks, she flew 20 yards!!!!!!!

The women stated she didnt see her because she was listening intently to her friend on her cell phone.

So far, thats all I know......

-Thanks all of you.

-Jasmund
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Wow, that poor child because of that stupid woman!!:-5

Are you guys banned from using the phone whilst driving over there?

If not, here is one good reason why they should be banned!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

The poor girl. I really hope she scrapes through.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

We can debate cell phones in another thread.

Jas, I know you'll be our conduit. Give Julie & Deanna our best. :yh_flower
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

jasmund wrote: UPDATE!!!!!!

Julie, the women I work with, it's her daughter Deanna that was hit by a car

The bus had stopped and had 4 way flashers on, with the stop sighn out, children were exiting the bus, Deanna crossed on her bike, and a women on a cell-phone hit her, never slowed down or hit the breaks, she flew 20 yards!!!!!!!

The women stated she didnt see her because she was listening intently to her friend on her cell phone.

So far, thats all I know......

-Thanks all of you.

-Jasmund

In NM the woman would be facing charges in court for breaking the "children's bus" traffic laws. I think the charge would be assault with a deadly weapon or vehicular assault. It would not be fun. This girl will have a LONG recovery and it does sound as though she will recover physically. How sad and scary for her and her family. This is why cell phone use is a traffic violation in NM.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “General Chit Chat”