Foxes becoming more daring as they move closer to humans.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I like foxes. They are exceedingly clever, resourceful, and daring. More and more are moving into suburban areas where they seem unphased by humans but at the same time are wary and distrusting of the presence of human beings. Usually they will move away if humans come into their proximity, but sometimes hard weather, difficulty in finding food, or if they feel cornered will cause them to become aggressive.

There is only one thing I don't like about the fox and that is that if it gets into a farmer's chicken shed, or goose shed, Reynard will slaughter the lot regardless of the fact that he may only need maybe a couple to feed his family. It would be different maybe if Reynard removed all the other dead birds and hid them somewhere where his family could take a meal from time to time, but no, Reynard just leaves all the messed up bodies all over the place, ripped to pieces, probably out of bloodlust !

The Sun newspaper printed a report on Tuesday and included photos, and a video, concerning an attack by a fox in somebody's private garden where a 3 year old toddler and his dad were playing in the snow. The fox apparently grabbed the toddler's foot and started to drag the little boy away. The dad managed to chase the fox away, grab his son and put him safely indoors. The fox was not put off by being chased away, but returned, so the dad video'd the fox trying to attack him !

I would think that caution should be the order of the day. Be aware that foxes are wild animals and have wild animals instincts and behaviours. If one is seen in your proximity, it would be better to remove yourself into a place of safety rather than try to get near to it. The animal does have a strong bite, and can be fairly fearless particularly if it thinks it is cornered.

Have sound on, and when it shows a black area where the video should play but doesn't seem to want to, click on 'sun exclusive' but the short video should start anyway after a moment or two.

Terror as fox bites toddler, 3, and tries to drag him away | The Sun |News
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

That's very strange, their normal diet consists of small rodents. What would it want with a 30 pound human?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Rabies?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

If a fox grabs my kids foot then comes after me, I'm afraid it would just be a pelt right now.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

HAH. Actually made me jump--LOL

Return to “Pets Animals”