Why We Need To Fix This Now

Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

It's getting to the point where nobody can feel safe from these crazy people.

“Even then he will be forced to move like a criminal. He will never be seen outdoors in public again. Not in this country.’’

“The 535 members of the House and Senate in both parties that allowed such a law to pass would largely be on their own; the Secret Service is too small to protect all of them and their families, the Capitol Police too unskilled, and competent private security not particularly interested in working against their own best interests at any price. The elites will be steadily whittled down, and if they can not be reached directly, the targets will become their staffers, spouses, children, and grandchildren. Grandstanding media figures loyal to the regime would die in droves, executed as enemies of the Republic.

“You can expect congressional staffs to disintegrate with just a few shootings, and expect elected officials themselves to resign well before a quarter of their number are eliminated, leaving us with a boxed-in executive, his cabinet loyalists trapped in the same win, die, or flee the country circumstance military regime loyalists, and whatever State Governors who desire to risk their necks as well.’’

It's my opinion that we need to remove these firearms now and take our medicine for letting this get this far.

Far right loses its collective mind over possible gun legislation - Salon.com
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1415184 wrote: It's getting to the point where nobody can feel safe from these crazy people.
Ahso!;1414585 wrote: Sounds very scary. I'd move if I lived in such a place.
I think you're winding yourself up.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

That's pretty scary rhetoric. I understand it's mainly talk and they'll not follow through, but people should not have to be faced with such talk. Very unsettling for those weakest among us such as the young, old, handicapped and disadvantaged.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Accountable;1415190 wrote: I think you're winding yourself up.

give it a break Ahso.....all of your exhausted posts will not change the world (sadly) but just keep depressing the rest of us. This is just my opinion

Yes it is out there and do you think you alone can change it? By posting your vents on a formun? Get a grip. Yes, man - speak up but please stop hammering it in.

It is a sad and unforgettably social condition; but it has been going on for decades; world wide.... try to focus on something positive.....let's live our lives for the best and not the worst.....our past is the worst and I have learned from that and would like to dwell on the future. I agree there needs to be change but it will not come about from your post of death and gun control.

Also...do you vote? Then change those in office to think more like you.....now there is a subject to overcome.

In My Humble Opinion...When one dwells in defeat and suffering, it spreads the thoughts of the same, like they are a virus that will infect others to react in the same way. so send your thought, vibes and blessings our for good will, happiness and well being and watch it fold back to you many times....make the most of life. it is all we have!

yes, I could be considered a good-doer....but only time will tell.

Lady J
robertj

Post by robertj »

Fringe Extremists write extreme things on their extremist websites. Film at 11.
Did He Moore?

Or Dinty Moore?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Deleted by Ahso!

This post was a bit heavy handed. My apologies to all.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

robertj;1415203 wrote: Fringe Extremists write extreme things on their extremist websites. Film at 11.See, now you don't need to wait until eleven. Will you be sticking around for a bit?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

This is the same reaction I saw online from "patriots" on the right the first time Obama was running for president. It doesn't take much for these people to lose their minds and threaten violence. Remember when they went a-marching with their weapons in hand? I don't take this too seriously though, so far they aren't well organized enough to stage a revolution and I doubt they're as large an organization as they sound. They're just really LOUD.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

SnoozeAgain;1415206 wrote: This is the same reaction I saw online from "patriots" on the right the first time Obama was running for president. It doesn't take much for these people to lose their minds and threaten violence. Remember when they went a-marching with their weapons in hand? I don't take this too seriously though, so far they aren't well organized enough to stage a revolution and I doubt they're as large an organization as they sound. They're just really LOUD.Agreed, though sometimes one or two (McVeigh et al.) actually do crawl out of the hole and cause real havoc.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1415206 wrote: This is the same reaction I saw online from "patriots" on the right the first time Obama was running for president. It doesn't take much for these people to lose their minds and threaten violence. Remember when they went a-marching with their weapons in hand? I don't take this too seriously though, so far they aren't well organized enough to stage a revolution and I doubt they're as large an organization as they sound. They're just really LOUD.
They're not even particularly loud. I only hear about them when a paranoid fear monger from the other side digs something up. This ain't exactly front page news.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1415223 wrote: They're not even particularly loud. I only hear about them when a paranoid fear monger from the other side digs something up. This ain't exactly front page news.Ta Ta, I'm no fear monger. We're better off as a group keeping our dark side in front of us, otherwise we become subject to surprise when they leap out unexpected. That applies to both the national and individual psyche. Don't ignore the ugly baby.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

Post by gmc »

I'd have thought gun control was the least of your problems.

The National Defense Authorization Act is the Greatest Threat to Civil Liberties Americans Face - Forbes

Bet they won't be detaining right wing would be terrorists any time soon.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

gmc;1415233 wrote: I'd have thought gun control was the least of your problems.
If it's not, it's very very far down the list.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

That's a matter of subjective opinion, don't you think?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

Post by gmc »

You've just given your government the right to arrest people and hold them without trial. Of all the rights that everyone should agree on I would have thought the freedom from arbitrary arrest and being held without trial is one of the most fundamental. I suppose those who are happy to see would be terrorists arrested and held without trial just believe their government is never corrupt, likely to make mistakes or come under the control of powerful interest groups and they will never be victims.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1415236 wrote: That's a matter of subjective opinion, don't you think?

No, of course not. I stated it as an objective fact based on statistical research.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I don't think that's new, is it? Didn't it just renew? Anyway, I'm not saying that's not important. No matter who we vote in the same crap just happens. What can I tell you?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1415239 wrote: No, of course not. I stated it as an objective fact based on statistical research. But I'm intuitive. :)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The Issue with all this gun debate Is that there are no real answers.

Even If America recalled every firearm In the country, the criminals would still find a way of having them. You only have to look to England where we have no guns In effect and look at the Increasing gun crime particually In cities and gang warfare to see that even with gun control, the wrong people can still get hold of them. Recalling weapons Is going to leave every day folk unprotected while the criminals remain armed.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
halfway

Post by halfway »

I am so afraid of these crazy terrorists and those who condone and promote their activities. If we found out that we have Al Qaeda in the White House, would we make excuses and pretend it's ok, or would we be in an uproar?
My Journal of a New Endeavor
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

halfway;1415272 wrote: I am so afraid of these crazy terrorists and those who condone and promote their activities. If we found out that we have Al Qaeda in the White House, would we make excuses and pretend it's ok, or would we be in an uproar?I think we'd deny. We're too fat and comfortable in our gilded cage now to really unite against a tyrant.
halfway

Post by halfway »

Accountable;1415275 wrote: I think we'd deny. We're too fat and comfortable in our gilded cage now to really unite against a tyrant.

Agreed. We have a distorted view inside these cozy little borders. Much like sheep in familiar territory.

:)
My Journal of a New Endeavor

Return to “Gun Control”