I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Cop Accidentally Shoots Himself In A School

Post by Ahso! »

And another one.

SAN ANTONIO -- An officer has been placed on administrative leave after school officials say his gun discharged inside a north-side middle school on Wednesday morning.
Officer's gun accidentally fires in San Antonio Middle School | kvue.com Austin
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Not in a school, but I'm counting it.

A friendly hug at a Detroit house party proved fatal for a woman after she accidentally discharged an off-duty cop's handgun.

Adaisha Miller, 24, attended a fish fry at the home of an off-duty Detroit police officer on Saturday and, at around midnight, began to hug or dance with the officer from behind and accidentally set off his gun, according to Detroit police chief Ralph Godbee, Jr.

Detroit Woman Dead After Hugging Cop, Discharging Gun - ABC News

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

And more.

An investigation is underway after a St. Louis county school resource officer fires his weapon inside a North County high school.

A letter went home to parents in the Hazelwood school district on Wednesday afternoon. The shot was fired at Hazelwood East high school around 11am.

The Hazelwood school district says the officers weapon accidentally discharged in a security room near the school's front office. The bullet shot through the office wall and into an adjacent office where a nurse and two students were sitting. No one was injured.

Officer Accidentally Fires Gun Inside Hazelwood East High School | News | North County News

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

In a bar

An off-duty Orange police officer, honored for making hundreds of DUI arrests, accidentally shot himself in the leg early Sunday at a local sports bar.

In what police are calling an “accidental discharge,” Officer Justin McGowan shot himself just above the right knee about 2 a.m. Sunday inside the O.C. Sports Grill, 450 N. State College Blvd., said Sgt. Fred Lopez. The bullet changed trajectory after hitting McGowan’s knee and rested in his foot, missing all major arteries, Lopez said.

http://taxdollars.ocregister.com/2012/1 ... eg/163564/

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Might as well just look at the search results.

cop accidentally fires his gun in a school - Dogpile Web Search

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I've seen the opening video a few times. That a fully trained Police Officer would enter a building, least of all a school room with an unsafe weapon, is unforgivable. Astonishing !

He's got some balls to carry on , I'll give him that
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Hey, let me help you out.

This is one source of irresponsible gun use.

Call me a liar, but it has been a favorite of mine.

Check it out, you may have miss a couple of fool with guns.

Irresponsible Gun Owner Of The Day-IGOTD

I have no problem exposing fools so to educate that there is nothing mysterious about guns.

Guns are tools, like any other tool can be misused.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Good lord.

Guns in America has become so ridiculously out of control that we have to discharge a gun in a school to show people how dangerous they are.

Can everyone agree that the problems all societies face begins with the family?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1414959 wrote: Hey, let me help you out.

This is one source of irresponsible gun use.

Call me a liar, but it has been a favorite of mine.

Check it out, you may have miss a couple of fool with guns.

Irresponsible Gun Owner Of The Day-IGOTD

I have no problem exposing fools so to educate that there is nothing mysterious about guns.

Guns are tools, like any other tool can be misused.They're tools meant for killing and nothing else. They're proving to be more of a danger to society than any sort of help.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1414996 wrote: They're tools meant for killing and nothing else. They're proving to be more of a danger to society than any sort of help.

Self defense. Hundreds of thousands, or millions per year depending on who you believe. One thing for sure, there are not hundreds of thousands, or millions of gun shot wounds per year, much less than deaths as a result of gun use.

One example learned of this morning.

NEOSHO RAPIDS, Kan. (AP) — Lyon County authorities say a homeowner armed with a shotgun injured one of the two people breaking into his home - and held another suspect at gunpoint until sheriff's deputies arrived.
Kansas Homeowner Stops Burglars with Shotgun Blast
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1415003 wrote: Self defense. Hundreds of thousands, or millions per year depending on who you believe. One thing for sure, there are not hundreds of thousands, or millions of gun shot wounds per year, much less than deaths as a result of gun use.

One example learned of this morning.

Kansas Homeowner Stops Burglars with Shotgun BlastThis sort of thing makes me wonder: Why don't people just put signs up in their yard saying they have guns? After an incident like this everyone in the area probably knows that anyway.

The fact that there were guns inside that house didn't prevent the thieves from targeting it.

An incident here and there is not good enough reason to have these guns out there. The American public is beginning to understand that.

I'll give you a personal story of mine:

On the way to my first day of work in Tucson Az in 1986 I was approaching a line of cars in the left lane and the right lane was clear, the last car in line had it's left blinker on so I figured that was a turning lane. I go into the right lane and as I approach the light I see that the lane merges into the left lane up ahead. There were probably 15 to 20 vehicles in the left lane and counting.

I'm in a quandary as to what to do> Should I gun it when the light turns green or hope someone will let me in? I look over at the pickup next to me to ask if he'll let me go first and as I do, the guy lifts up a gun and shows it to me and motions for me to wait.

Well, that was the wrong thing for him to do. I let him go first and got behind him and followed him until he needed to stop for gas, which he did. When he pulled up to the pump he locked his doors and cracked open his window yelling for other customers to call the police for him.

There are lots of downsides to owning guns from the dangers they pose to young children to accidents to getting into the hands of unscrupulous people to the problem of the mentally ill and on and on to trying to act like a macho man.

The problems created by guns far outweighs any good they might do.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1415009 wrote: This sort of thing makes me wonder: Why don't people just put signs up in their yard saying they have guns? After an incident like this everyone in the area probably knows that anyway.

For several reasons, not a good idea to advertise. Makes your home a target for somebody who wants to steal guns. Gives up tactical advantage. It's nobody's business, except the few I care to share with. I saw one place where the owner did let it be known with a sign. Because of the way it was worded I couldn't figure if it was a matter of macho bravado or a dare.

Ahso!;1415009 wrote: The fact that there were guns inside that house didn't prevent the thieves from targeting it.

It did give the thieves a change of plan, if not shorts.

Ahso!;1415009 wrote: An incident here and there is not good enough reason to have these guns out there. The American public is beginning to understand that.

Not just here and there, but everyday.

Ahso!;1415009 wrote: I'll give you a personal story of mine:

On the way to my first day of work in Tucson Az in 1986 I was approaching a line of cars in the left lane and the right lane was clear, the last car in line had it's left blinker on so I figured that was a turning lane. I go into the right lane and as I approach the light I see that the lane merges into the left lane up ahead. There were probably 15 to 20 vehicles in the left lane and counting.

I'm in a quandary as to what to do> Should I gun it when the light turns green or hope someone will let me in? I look over at the pickup next to me to ask if he'll let me go first and as I do, the guy lifts up a gun and shows it to me and motions for me to wait.

Well, that was the wrong thing for him to do. I let him go first and got behind him and followed him until he needed to stop for gas, which he did. When he pulled up to the pump he locked his doors and cracked open his window yelling for other customers to call the police for him.

There are lots of downsides to owning guns from the dangers they pose to young children to accidents to getting into the hands of unscrupulous people to the problem of the mentally ill and on and on to trying to act like a macho man.

The problems created by guns far outweighs any good they might do.

I don't believe it was all that wise to follow him. Best to maybe get the tag number and call the police yourself.

There are idiots all over the place. If someone did that to me I would be all kinds of PO'd and want him arrested.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

He was within his legal right to have the gun in the vehicle.

And you're right about there being idiots all over the place - that's my point.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Ahso!;1415016 wrote: He was within his legal right to have the gun in the vehicle.

And you're right about there being idiots all over the place - that's my point.

I can't believe it was legal to brandish it in a threatening manner.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1415021 wrote: I can't believe it was legal to brandish it in a threatening manner.What? All he'd have to tell the cop was that he felt threatened. Gun laws in Az at the time were very lax.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Gun Control”