Pineapple Grown in Cornwall Becomes the World's Most Expensive Fruit!

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Valued at ten thousand pounds!

The fruit was nurtured using expensive Victorian gardening techniques at the Lost Gardens of Heligan in Cornwall. Horticulturalists created tropical conditions using small greenhouses heated using a chemical reaction between manure, urine, and straw. The pineapple will now be shared among the garden's staff.

Fifty sixty years ago you could have bought a pineapple farm for that price!

(See Image In First Reply)
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Source: Mail Online.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1413623 wrote: Valued at ten thousand pounds!

The fruit was nurtured using expensive Victorian gardening techniques at the Lost Gardens of Heligan in Cornwall. Horticulturalists created tropical conditions using small greenhouses heated using a chemical reaction between manure, urine, and straw. The pineapple will now be shared among the garden's staff.

I would think that the combination of manure, urine and straw would be enuf in a green house setting to cause a smoldering fire. I know manure and straw will cause one. I don't know of the Lost Gardens of Heligan and perhaps they had a secret!
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1413624 wrote:

I think you should make some pineapple smoothie to go along with your egg supper for you and your friends!

it sounds very rich and full of flavour.

Frozen Pineapple Smoothie | Yummly
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Lady J;1413651 wrote: I would think that the combination of manure, urine and straw would be enuf in a green house setting to cause a smoldering fire. I know manure and straw will cause one. I don't know of the Lost Gardens of Heligan and perhaps they had a secret!

Here's the article Lady J, seems they wanted the chemical reaction of those goodies to provide the heat to grow the pineapple Pineapple grown in Britain under horse manure is hailed world's most expensive fruits worth £10,000 | Mail Online

Maybe JJ could in future provide such links please otherwise the site could run into problems, thank you.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Betty Boop;1413661 wrote: Here's the article Lady J, seems they wanted the chemical reaction of those goodies to provide the heat to grow the pineapple Pineapple grown in Britain under horse manure is hailed world's most expensive fruits worth £10,000 | Mail Online

Maybe JJ could in future provide such links please otherwise the site could run into problems, thank you.

Really Ms Boop? I know you are a Cornish lady (is that the correct terminology?) but to suggest that The Chosen should in future provide "such links please otherwise the site could run into problems," is a little over the top don't you think?

By "the site" I assume you mean this site, FG and not the site where this pineapple was grown? What pray tell are the problems that "this site may run into?" Surely not an explosion dear?

Cos I know that theoretically it’s possible to make gunpowder from urine, straw et al, but really in this particular case the combination produced nothing more than good old manure.

“Alguien que sepa el significado de esta bonita frase Lady J”

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jones jones;1413664 wrote: Really Ms Boop? I know you are a Cornish lady (is that the correct terminology?) but to suggest that The Chosen should in future provide "such links please otherwise the site could run into problems," is a little over the top don't you think?

By "the site" I assume you mean this site, FG and not the site where this pineapple was grown? What pray tell are the problems that "this site may run into?" Surely not an explosion dear?

Cos I know that theoretically it�s possible to make gunpowder from urine, straw et al, but really in this particular case the combination produced nothing more than good old manure.

�Alguien que sepa el significado de esta bonita frase Lady J�

You have paraphrased very closely what was reported in the newspaper, you also used the photograph used in the paper, you actually need to provide a link for any time you do so, what is so difficult about that to understand?

This isn't betty boop picking on poor old JJ this is betty boop making sure no rules are broken regarding plagiarism, I would be pointing the same thing out had it been any other member that posted something that is printed elsewhere on the net.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Betty Boop;1413666 wrote: You have paraphrased very closely what was reported in the newspaper, you also used the photograph used in the paper, you actually need to provide a link for any time you do so, what is so difficult about that to understand?

This isn't betty boop picking on poor old JJ this is betty boop making sure no rules are broken regarding plagiarism, I would be pointing the same thing out had it been any other member that posted something that is printed elsewhere on the net.

Betty Boop ... I need not remind you that we come a long way together on FG ... Way back as some would say. I say this so that when you read what I am about to say, you will accept it in the spirit in which it is written.

No dear ... I did NOT ... "paraphrase very closely what was reported in the newspaper" etc etc. And NO I do not need to provide a link for any time I do so. Why? Because at the end of the thread I wrote: Source: Mail Online. So that is why it is so difficult for me to understand you see.

I am a published writer Betty and as such am very well appraised as to the law regarding plagiarism. It is defined as such: "Plagiarism is the act of taking another person's writing, conversation, song, or even idea and passing it off as your own. This includes information from web."

I am not guilty of this and have no reason to ever plagiarise the work of another. One only has to read my threads, stories, poetry and articles here on FG to see that I am telling the truth.

And as for "betty boop picking on poor old Jj" ... Sigh ... Compared to some of the "picking on" I've endured over the years, yours is like a massage!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jones jones;1413675 wrote: Betty Boop ... I need not remind you that we come a long way together on FG ... Way back as some would say. I say this so that when you read what I am about to say, you will accept it in the spirit in which it is written.

No dear ... I did NOT ... "paraphrase very closely what was reported in the newspaper" etc etc. And NO I do not need to provide a link for any time I do so. Why? Because at the end of the thread I wrote: Source: Mail Online. So that is why it is so difficult for me to understand you see.

I am a published writer Betty and as such am very well appraised as to the law regarding plagiarism. It is defined as such: "Plagiarism is the act of taking another person's writing, conversation, song, or even idea and passing it off as your own. This includes information from web."

I am not guilty of this and have no reason to ever plagiarise the work of another. One only has to read my threads, stories, poetry and articles here on FG to see that I am telling the truth.

And as for "betty boop picking on poor old Jj" ... Sigh ... Compared to some of the "picking on" I've endured over the years, yours is like a massage!

Really?? Your words:

The newspapers words:

The pineapple was nurtured over two years using traditional Victorian gardening techniques at the Lost Gardens of Heligan, the botanical attraction in Cornwall.

Horticulturalists created tropical conditions in small greenhouses heated using a chemical reaction between 30 tons of horse manure and urine, and piles of straw.

Not much difference there JJ all you've actually done is take some words out, added a few of your own, not actually paraphrasing it as I initially stated.

Seeing as you are the writer you claim to be you should know that just stating 'Source: Mail Online' is incredibly sloppy and lazy referencing. Cite the source properly or don't post anything at all that can be picked up as copying and pasting.

I don't need reminding that we go way back when JJ, I don't need your condescending comments you aim at me as if I am some inferior sub species in your eyes. You spend a lot of time belittling women who won't play ball with you. I'm sick of it, I am happy to weather you being here as long as you leave me alone, if I have to come into one of your threads in the capacity of a moderator I'd rather you just take on board what I have to say and respect it, I am just making sure that FG as a whole is not breaking any rules.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Betty Boop;1413680 wrote: Really?? Your words:

The newspapers words:

Not much difference there JJ all you've actually done is take some words out, added a few of your own, not actually paraphrasing it as I initially stated.

Seeing as you are the writer you claim to be you should know that just stating 'Source: Mail Online' is incredibly sloppy and lazy referencing. Cite the source properly or don't post anything at all that can be picked up as copying and pasting.

I don't need reminding that we go way back when JJ, I don't need your condescending comments you aim at me as if I am some inferior sub species in your eyes. You spend a lot of time belittling women who won't play ball with you. I'm sick of it, I am happy to weather you being here as long as you leave me alone, if I have to come into one of your threads in the capacity of a moderator I'd rather you just take on board what I have to say and respect it, I am just making sure that FG as a whole is not breaking any rules.

This Ms Boop has nothing at all to do with anything. You have painted yourself into a corner. This is nothing more than a red herring: " I don't need your condescending comments you aim at me as if I am some inferior sub species in your eyes. You spend a lot of time belittling women who won't play ball with you. I'm sick of it, I am happy to weather you being here as long as you leave me alone ... "

The point is Ms Boop are you accussing me of plagiarism? I urge you to think long and hard before replying as a lot may rest on your answer. So I ask you ... Are you accussing me of plagiarism? Please answer with clear and unambiguous yes or no.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jones jones;1413682 wrote: This Ms Boop has nothing at all to do with anything. You have painted yourself into a corner. This is nothing more than a red herring: " I don't need your condescending comments you aim at me as if I am some inferior sub species in your eyes. You spend a lot of time belittling women who won't play ball with you. I'm sick of it, I am happy to weather you being here as long as you leave me alone ... "

The point is Ms Boop are you accussing me of plagiarism? I urge you to think long and hard before replying as a lot may rest on your answer. So I ask you ... Are you accussing me of plagiarism? Please answer with clear and unambiguous yes or no.

So now we have implied threats too, well done JJ aren't you just the man. Maybe you would also like to stop writing at me in bold, yet another pathetic attempt of some sort of bullying tactics.

The point is JJ, is you took information from a site, you couldn't be bothered to reference it properly, you even used their photography. If you cannot see what is wrong with that then there is no point to this conversation at all. What you did could be construed as plagiarism, yes, the point is JJ the more people do this the more relaxed they all become about it, before we know it the site will be full of copy and pasted writings and we'll have the original writers banging on the door shouting at us for allowing it. Maybe you won't mind if I just find some of your stories and then paste them up in a thread and pretend I'd written it?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"What you did could be construed as plagiarism."

By whom Ms Boop?

Why are you not prepared to answer a simple question?

I use bold cos it like stands out and I find it easier to read.

Please, I beg you, answer my question so that I can move on to the threats contained in your previous posts.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I know I shouldn't get my self sucked into your ultra dramatic tantrums JJ, but how in heavens name do you throw such a wobbly in response to the simple request......as quoted below ?Betty Boop;1413661 wrote:

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Okay its Saturday and I have a dinner date so I can't wait for [moderator removed her own Christian name] to get back to me.

I mean she's like caught between a rock and a hard place and I feel for her!

I asked this lady to answer a simple question ... Its like Yes or No ... You either have the courage of your convictions and you answer YES or you back down and you answer NO.

I have so far received like a perhaps.

Ms Boop has already disrespected me by saying: "Seeing as you are the writer you claim to be."

Not to mention this: "I don't need your condescending comments you aim at me as if I am some inferior sub species in your eyes. You spend a lot of time belittling women who won't play ball with you. I'm sick of it, I am happy to weather you being here as long as you leave me alone."

Okay ... all the ladies who are current members of FG, if I have belittled you raise your hand or better still post a thread..

So what you are saying is that if you are NOT happy to "weather" me being here, you gonna get me banned?

Is that a threat?

Er admin ... could you note this please!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jones jones;1413684 wrote: "What you did could be construed as plagiarism."

By whom Ms Boop?

Why are you not prepared to answer a simple question?

I use bold cos it like stands out and I find it easier to read.

Please, I beg you, answer my question so that I can move on to the threats contained in your previous posts.

I have not threatened you, I am, as a moderator asking you to use links, after all you bothered to mention the fact you got information from the mail why didn't you just link it in? It's a moral dilemma hey, but the old rule stands of 'if you didn't write it yourself then give it credit' (a saying that comes from my uni days) when it comes to the written word nowadays. Others on this site are complying to this rule, I don't understand why you think you shouldn't. I reckon if any other person had pointed this out to you you wouldn't be reacting in this way at all.

I'm guessing your thread about blogs, started whilst you've been shouting at me, is unreadable by yourself then, given your reasons above. Interesting timing then.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1413685 wrote: I know I shouldn't get my self sucked into your ultra dramatic tantrums JJ, but how in heavens name do you throw such a wobbly in response to the simple request......as quoted below ?

No citizen Bruv, do not simply quote stuff out of context. Put up the whole request sergeant!

Life is NOt simply a bowl of All Bran ...believe me!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I do hope that Blog link is fruitful.................Have a Hap Hap Happy Christmas JJ
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jones jones;1413689 wrote: Okay its Saturday and I have a dinner date so I can't wait for [moderator removed her own Christian name] to get back to me.

I asked this lady to answer a simple question ... Its like Yes or No ... You either have the courage of your convictions and you answer YES or you back down and you answer NO.

Ms Boop has already disrespected me by saying: "Seeing as you are the writer you claim to be."

Not to mention this: "I don't need your condescending comments you aim at me as if I am some inferior sub species in your eyes. You spend a lot of time belittling women who won't play ball with you. I'm sick of it, I am happy to weather you being here as long as you leave me alone."

Okay ... all the ladies who are current members of FG, if I have belittled you raise your hand or better still post a thread..

So what you are saying is that if you are NOT happy to "weather" me being here, you gonna get me banned?

Is that a threat?

This thread is already reported, don't worry the admin will be seeing it. You treat people around here with utter disdain when they don't hang on your every word, how dare you paste up my real name without my permission, that gets this post reported too. Weather you around here refers to my support of allowing you back in, I fought your corner to allow you to return, silly me thought you may have learned your lessons and changed your disgusting behaviour. The only person that bans anyone around here is Bryn, so no it is not a threat to ban you I do not have that power JJ.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Betty Boop;1413691 wrote: I have not threatened you, I am, as a moderator asking you to use links, after all you bothered to mention the fact you got information from the mail why didn't you just link it in? It's a moral dilemma hey, but the old rule stands of 'if you didn't write it yourself then give it credit' (a saying that comes from my uni days) when it comes to the written word nowadays. Others on this site are complying to this rule, I don't understand why you think you shouldn't. I reckon if any other person had pointed this out to you you wouldn't be reacting in this way at all.

I'm guessing your thread about blogs, started whilst you've been shouting at me, is unreadable by yourself then, given your reasons above. Interesting timing then.

Ah Ms Boop Ms Boop! Is it a MUSt to put up a link? Personally I think not. I gave it credit honey ie Source: Mail Online. What else would YOU have me say?

Of course i wouldn't be reacting this way if another had pointed this out. Why? Cos you the one I'm in love with!

And I haven't been shouting at you ... I don't do shouting hun!

And whats that stuff about blogs?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1413623 wrote: Valued at ten thousand pounds!

Betty Boop;1413661 wrote: Here's the article Lady J, seems they wanted the chemical reaction of those goodies to provide the heat to grow the pineapple Pineapple grown in Britain under horse manure is hailed world's most expensive fruits worth £10,000 | Mail Online

jones jones;1413692 wrote: No citizen Bruv, do not simply quote stuff out of context. Put up the whole request sergeant!

Life is NOt simply a bowl of All Bran ...believe me!

Posted in sequence with intermediate unrelated posts omitted.........what context are you talking about, have you a problem with your bowels ?

Where does All Bran come into it ?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1413697 wrote: Posted in sequence with intermediate unrelated posts omitted.........what context are you talking about, have you a problem with your bowels ?

Where does All Bran come into it ?

Can't you put two and two together man? Bowels equals **** ... which is what you usually talk!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1413699 wrote: Can't you put two and two together man? Bowels equals **** ... which is what you usually talk!
You are really on a roll, and as nauseating as ever.

The Blog was MY comment,in reference to another one of your numerous posts, hoping it would be fruitful so you might spend more time elsewhere.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1413701 wrote: You are really on a roll, and as nauseating as ever.

The Blog was MY comment,in reference to another one of your numerous posts, hoping it would be fruitful so you might spend more time elsewhere.

Where elsewhere captain?

I have numerous posts sergeant simply because I enjoy FG and always have. I try in my small way to endeavour to get members to talk and interact with each other.

Sometimes we butt heads but often we sort of like just post what we believe is something interesting. I read many threads on FG that are not to my taste but I reply to them cos when I see a thread with zero replies, I go post there cos I know what its like to be ignored.

Its nice to be nice ... or words to that effect!

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1413703 wrote: Where elsewhere captain? Shouldn't that be "Elsewhere, where captain ?" Elsewhere....... on your New Blog......thrilling the masses, where else did an intellect like you expect ?

I have numerous posts sergeant simply because I enjoy FG and always have. I try in my small way to endeavour to get members to talk and interact with each other.

You succeed in that aim....................but not in a constructive way

Sometimes we butt heads but often we sort of like just post what we believe is something interesting. I read many threads on FG that are not to my taste but I reply to them cos when I see a thread with zero replies, I go post there cos I know what its like to be ignored.

Its nice to be nice ... or words to that effect!

You are such a sensitive soul, all those ignored posts cut like a knife do they ?

Throw one in like this regularly as clockwork just to get responses ?

Sort yourself out man
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1413706 wrote: Shouldn't that be "Elsewhere, where captain ?" Elsewhere....... on your New Blog......thrilling the masses, where else did an intellect like you expect ?

You succeed in that aim....................but not in a constructive way

You are such a sensitive soul, all those ignored posts cut like a knife do they ?

Throw one in like this regularly as clockwork just to get responses ?

Sort yourself out man

Citizen Bruv .... Indeed I am a sensitive "soul." However "all those ignored posts cut like a knife do they?" Am I to like assume then that you are saying that you have

orhestrated a campaign to "ignore " my posts?

Personally I am a member of FG simply because I wish to be. There are many sites on the Internet who would give their eye teeth to have The Chosen posting threads on their Forum. So whatever campaign you and your ilk may have got going in terms of "ignoring me ... I couldn't give a fig. When the Chosen One posts ... people read!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1413707 wrote: Citizen Bruv .... Indeed I am a sensitive "soul." However "all those ignored posts cut like a knife do they?" Am I to like assume then that you are saying that you have

orhestrated a campaign to "ignore " my posts?

Personally I am a member of FG simply because I wish to be. There are many sites on the Internet who would give their eye teeth to have The Chosen posting threads on their Forum. So whatever campaign you and your ilk may have got going in terms of "ignoring me ... I couldn't give a fig. When the Chosen One posts ... people read!

You rarely make me smile, but that one made me laugh out loud.... for real.

Orchestrate a campaign ?

Moi ?

Do you believe little me has the power or influence or care enough to 'orchestrate a campaign ?'

But then again all those posts being ignored Must have a reason and a campaign Must be the reason.............obviously.

I am sure there are sites eager for your input, feel free to spread the goodness, it would be selfish of us here to monopolies your time.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1413689 wrote: Okay its Saturday and I have a dinner date so I can't wait for [moderator removed her own Christian name] to get back to me.

Is that a threat?

I note that a moderator has asked you to provide a proper link each time you post a copyrighted, or even a potentially copyrighted, photograph or text and that you have, effectively, refused to do so.

Given the number of threats of litigation I have received over potential reaches of copyright I have to insist that you do so.

You might, in your world, be the chosen one but here you are a member subject to the terms of service. If, by your actions, you continue to place FG at risk of being sued then I will have no choose but to revoke that membership. If you wish to take that as a threat then that is your prerogative.

I have no wish to take such action but I must protect FG for the good of the membership as a whole.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bryn Mawr;1413712 wrote: I note that a moderator has asked you to provide a proper link each time you post a copyrighted, or even a potentially copyrighted, photograph or text and that you have, effectively, refused to do so.

Given the number of threats of litigation I have received over potential reaches of copyright I have to insist that you do so.

You might, in your world, be the chosen one but here you are a member subject to the terms of service. If, by your actions, you continue to place FG at risk of being sued then I will have no choose but to revoke that membership. If you wish to take that as a threat then that is your prerogative.

I have no wish to take such action but I must protect FG for the good of the membership as a whole.

Bryn ... You have no option but to go out to bat for your Moderators ... It is an admirable trait and in your position I would do the same. Your Moderator asked me to provide a "proper link" when I post “copywrited” photograph and/or link.

I repeat ... I do not need to do so as I acknowledged the source at the outset

Ms Boop has accused me of plagiarism here on FG and has refused to confirm or retract her accusation. This like Ms Boops attempt is also a red herring.

“You might, in your world, be the chosen one but here you are a member subject to the terms of service. If, by your actions, you continue to place FG at risk of being sued then I will have no choose but to revoke that membership. If you wish to take that as a threat then that is your prerogative.”

As I said earlier, Ms Boop has painted herself into as corner and your attempt to bail her out, whilst it is admirable has not let her off the hook.

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1413733 wrote: Bryn ... You have no option but to go out to bat for your Moderators ... It is an admirable trait and in your position I would do the same. Your Moderator asked me to provide a "proper link" when I post �copywrited� photograph and/or link.

I repeat ... I do not need to do so as I acknowledged the source at the outset

Ms Boop has accused me of plagiarism here on FG and has refused to confirm or retract her accusation. This like Ms Boops attempt is also a red herring.

�You might, in your world, be the chosen one but here you are a member subject to the terms of service. If, by your actions, you continue to place FG at risk of being sued then I will have no choose but to revoke that membership. If you wish to take that as a threat then that is your prerogative.�

As I said earlier, Ms Boop has painted herself into as corner and your attempt to bail her out, whilst it is admirable has not let her off the hook.

Regardless of whether you consider naming the source to be sufficient you have been requested to provide a link. The fact that you have posted the photo shows that you have been into the site and the extra two seconds needed to cut and paste the link is not an onerous overhead. This is not BB out to get you, this is me, as the site owner, trying to protect the site and BB carrying out my wishes in her role as a moderator.

Your reaction to that request was unacceptable. If you think the as "the chosen one" you are above such niceties as providing links then you are sadly mistaken. If you also think that lots of guests viewing your spat with a moderator is "so good for FG" then you are also sadly mistaken.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bryn Mawr;1413737 wrote: Regardless of whether you consider naming the source to be sufficient you have been requested to provide a link. The fact that you have posted the photo shows that you have been into the site and the extra two seconds needed to cut and paste the link is not an onerous overhead. This is not BB out to get you, this is me, as the site owner, trying to protect the site and BB carrying out my wishes in her role as a moderator.

Your reaction to that request was unacceptable. If you think the as "the chosen one" you are above such niceties as providing links then you are sadly mistaken. If you also think that lots of guests viewing your spat with a moderator is "so good for FG" then you are also sadly mistaken.

I have read and taken everything you have said seriously Bryn ... However ... I would still like, "BB who carries out your wishes in her role as a moderator'" to answer my simple question once and for all ... Does she still believe I'm guilty of plagiarism. Or perhaps the "site owner trying to protect the site" would answer for her?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

jones jones;1413739 wrote: I have read and taken everything you have said seriously Bryn ... However ... I would still like, "BB who carries out your wishes in her role as a moderator'" to answer my simple question once and for all ... Does she still believe I'm guilty of plagiarism. Or perhaps the "site owner trying to protect the site" would answer for her?

It is not quoted verbatim but it is clearly very closely based on the text of the Daily Mail article and was not correctly attributed as such - what would you call it?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bryn Mawr;1413740 wrote: It is not quoted verbatim but it is clearly very closely based on the text of the Daily Mail article and was not correctly attributed as such - what would you call it?

Okay Bryn ... I put my hands up now cos I can see that I am in a lose/lose situtaion here. Clearly BB is not prepared to "put her money where her mouth is" about calling me a plagiarist, for whatever reason.

Its rather sad cos I am certain that had the shoe been on the other foot, I would have been forced to reply one way or another. At the end of the day, although it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, I will accept your ruling cos you are "the site owner."

You and BB take care now and have an awesome day! :-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jones jones;1413743 wrote: Okay Bryn ... I put my hands up now cos I can see that I am in a lose/lose situtaion here. Clearly BB is not prepared to "put her money where her mouth is" about calling me a plagiarist, for whatever reason.

Its rather sad cos I am certain that had the shoe been on the other foot, I would have been forced to reply one way or another. At the end of the day, although it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, I will accept your ruling cos you are "the site owner."

You and BB take care now and have an awesome day! :-6

I agree with what Bryn says in post 31 and which is what I actually pointed out way back, it's not word for word but it is so close you can tell where it came from and as such you have a responsibility to reference to the article. If you can't see that on the words side of things then you have to on the photo side of things, you used their photo, you have to give credit.

Other members have also had this same problem, they have also had to make sure they reference things, not one of them has kicked up this much stink about it though.

I'm amazed that you seem to think this is some nasty thing I've decided to poke you with and then get Bryn on my side... :-2
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Betty Boop;1413748 wrote: I agree with what Bryn says in post 31 and which is what I actually pointed out way back, it's not word for word but it is so close you can tell where it came from and as such you have a responsibility to reference to the article. If you can't see that on the words side of things then you have to on the photo side of things, you used their photo, you have to give credit.

Well my take on this is that I quoted the source ... QED.

Other members have also had this same problem, they have also had to make sure they reference things, not one of them has kicked up this much stink about it though.

I'm amazed that you seem to think this is some nasty thing I've decided to poke you with and then get Bryn on my side... :-2

No ... You should not be amazed cos "I seem to think this is some nasty thing you have decided to poke me with and then get Bryn on your side" Betty.

What I am amazed at is the fact that you still do not have the courage to answer my question. Actually I am more saddened than amazed.

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

If I might interject ?

Strictly speaking plagiarism is the use of work without attribution and attempting to pass that work off as your own.

So strictly speaking the use of the word 'plagiarism' is an error.

You Mr Chosen did not try to pass off or fail to attribute the content, but you did fail to do so in the first post and only gave a simple unlinked source in the second post as the quote.

Why you feel the need to make two(2) posts for the same connected content, nobody knows but your self, you are guilty of many affectations, some being much weirder than this.

So technically you did make a post without attribution, so technically are in breach of the accepted rules, although attribution did arrive late in the second post, but still no link, which is the norm on any internet forum as good form, proper manners and good practice.

You are, after all a guest of the site, and it is the site owner that has to answer for any problems arising from 'published' work, a link being undeniably the best way to attribute ownership.

Any gentleman should have the good grace to accept they were technically wrong and boorish in the extreme displaying such disrespect for a volunteer unpaid moderator and get on their knees for forgiveness.

Lets see how much gallantry The Chosen One wishes to display to his adoring public.

For the record, this conclusion and post is all my own thoughts.

No contact in any form has been made by myself to any moderator or site owner in regard to this post, and no contact has made to me by the afore said people..... no conspiracy involved what so ever.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

1. If I might interject ? You have already so your question is technically rhetorical

Strictly speaking plagiarism is the use of work without attribution and attempting to pass that work off as your own. Precisely.

So strictly speaking the use of the word 'plagiarism' is an error. Well that is what I still stand accused of as far as I am aware.

You Mr Chosen did not try to pass off or fail to attribute the content, but you did fail to do so in the first post and only gave a simple unlinked source in the second post as the quote. Please Bruv it is NOT Mr Chosen. Kindly address me as The Chosen One or if you prefer simply The Chosen. Well that’s where you and I differ sir because technically it was a single post. At the foot of the opening post I wrote (“See Image in First Reply) Now read on and I’ll explain more fully.

Why you feel the need to make two(2) posts for the same connected content, nobody knows but your self, you are guilty of many affectations, some being much weirder than this. I made it two posts because I did not want to mess with FG’s first page by posting a large image. You may recall than Bryn explained all this when he moved my images to a single thread in the Photographic Forum under Awesome Images. So as there was technically only a single post and “Source: Mail Online” was typed below this technically single post, there technically was attribution.

So technically you did make a post without attribution, so technically are in breach of the accepted rules, although attribution did arrive late in the second post, but still no link, which is the norm on any internet forum as good form, proper manners and good practice. And I repeat, I did not make a post without attribution.

You are, after all a guest of the site, and it is the site owner that has to answer for any problems arising from 'published' work, a link being undeniably the best way to attribute ownership. Yes I am a guest of the site and I am well aware of the many difficulties the site owner has to contend with every day.

Any gentleman should have the good grace to accept they were technically wrong and boorish in the extreme displaying such disrespect for a volunteer unpaid moderator and get on their knees for forgiveness. Bruv, if there is one member of FG who has never been afraid to apologize it is me. I think I have made more apologies here in my time than anyone else here, the last one being in a pm to everybodyisahypocrite just the other day. However even an unpaid moderator should think carefully before commenting.

Let’s see how much gallantry The Chosen One wishes to display to his adoring public. Well at least this time you got my name right.

For the record, this conclusion and post is all my own thoughts.

No contact in any form has been made by myself to any moderator or site owner in regard to this post, and no contact has made to me by the afore said people..... no conspiracy involved what so ever.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Its since been pointed out to me by Lady J that I over-reacted somewhat last night and in retrospect I am inclined to agree with her. She "tore a strip" off me this morning and so I am well and truly chastised and put in my place.

BB, Bryn, Bruv ... Guess I must have had a bad encounter with bees in a previous life.

Y'all take care and have a peaceful Christmas.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jones jones;1413790 wrote: Its since been pointed out to me by Lady J that I over-reacted somewhat last night and in retrospect I am inclined to agree with her. She "tore a strip" off me this morning and so I am well and truly chastised and put in my place.

BB, Bryn, Bruv ... Guess I must have had a bad encounter with bees in a previous life.

Y'all take care and have a peaceful Christmas.

Fair enough, and whether it's called plagiarism, my terminology from three years at uni, or whether it's technically copyright infringement, the basis of attributing the source is still the same, you still need to provide a link. Just typing 'Source: Mail Online' is not enough.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Well I've decided that this is the last time I will need to provide a source.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1413799 wrote: Well I've decided that this is the last time I will need to provide a source.

Here we go again........

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

jones jones;1413799 wrote: Well I've decided that this is the last time I will need to provide a source.

Which means that I shall no longer post anything that requires a source.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

THAT's the spirit.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1413910 wrote: Which means that I shall no longer post anything that requires a source.

No more saucy posts from JJ

Return to “Gardening Forum”