Is it Humanly Possible?

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
tabby

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by tabby »

Is it humanly possible to pick up your Chinese take-out and not reach into the bag on the way home and eat a beautiful warm crisp won-ton? Are there people out there who have such strength that they're able to withstand this temptation? I've heard rumors that such people exist but I don't know them. Maybe that's how they weed through who is tough enough to qualify for the marines or CIA agents or some such. You'd have to have a focused iron will to ignore the contents of that paper bag so close by.

The same goes for take-out french fries.

Also, is it just me that even as an adult is simply incapable of seeing "Pu-Pu Platter" on the menu without having to stifle a giggle/snort?? I had that reaction when I was 7 years old and apparently it will follow me through life. I'm hopeless.

valerie

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by valerie »

I exist as far as not reaching into the Chinese take-out bag, but as far as french

fries, the couple of times a year I get them, yep, I reach for those on the way home.

Pu-pu platters, yeah, love 'em but I guess my brain is stuck back at 7 years old!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Snooz

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by Snooz »

You'll probably think I'm inhuman but I don't even order fried wontons. :o
Oscar Namechange

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

All my take-out food is delivered to my door but this reminds me...

My Turkish pals hired a new female driver about a year ago. She was a lovely woman but every time she worked her daughter would come along with her.

The daughter was In her early 20's and let's just say obese, to be polite.

We started getting complaints..... food orders were going out and then the customer would phone saying their order of large fries only had about 10 fries In the bag or hardly any onion rings etc etc.... yeah she was eating customers food en route.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by Snooz »

That's kind of disgusting.
K.Snyder

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by K.Snyder »

I love fried wontons but I much prefer to lay out all of my Chinese food in a very organized and precise way. I then proceed to eat all of it in as random of a fashion as it's seemingly prepared.

I can relate, however, with those that feel compelled to eat one while driving home. I will say though that while I equally love pot-stickers I wouldn't advise any attempt to manipulate one of those down the gullet. Unless, of course, you had a fork, a bib, and obviously good hand and eye coordination.
K.Snyder

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1411617 wrote: All my take-out food is delivered to my door but this reminds me...

My Turkish pals hired a new female driver about a year ago. She was a lovely woman but every time she worked her daughter would come along with her.

The daughter was In her early 20's and let's just say obese, to be polite.

We started getting complaints..... food orders were going out and then the customer would phone saying their order of large fries only had about 10 fries In the bag or hardly any onion rings etc etc.... yeah she was eating customers food en route.At least she found a particular level of self-fulfillment from her work.
Lady J

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by Lady J »

I try to avoid the fried stuff but luv the steamed veggie dumplings! :yh_drool

But I must admit if it's fried its shrimp toast for me!
fuzzywuzzy

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

SnoozeAgain;1411621 wrote: That's kind of disgusting.

May have been the only time she got to feed her daughter. Lets face it it's a good purk .
jones jones

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by jones jones »

I don't believe a packet of take out French fries evva evva gets home untouched!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Oscar Namechange

Is it Humanly Possible?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

K.Snyder;1411625 wrote: At least she found a particular level of self-fulfillment from her work. Our Turkish pal Is just waaaay too nice so It was left to me to deal with It... first I tried to deter the Mother from having the daughter with her when she worked but she argued ( quite rightly ) she didn't want to be a woman alone late at night.

In the end I sacked her.... greedy bitch.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “The Coffee Shop”