The Betfair Chase

Discuss all types of sports.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The Betfair Chase Is one of my racing highlights on the 24th November.

Won, a record breaking 4 times by Kauto Star, It Is one of the most grueling Grade 1 National Hunt Steeplechases due to the sharp angles of the course, the distance of 3 miles and Incorporates 18 fences. It Is one of the races that many future Gold Cup runners will compete for.

Looking at the names In the hat.... WOW... I don't think I have ever seen such a line up of creme de la creme grade 1 horses for a Betfair In many a year.

Kauto Star will be there putting In a guest appearance for the adoring fans so with that and the calibre of the horses I shall see In the parade ring, I can barely contain my excitement.

Long Run

Burton Port

Grand Crus

Dynaste

Cue Card

Silviniaco Conti.

Tidal Bay

Al Ferof

Midnight Chase

Weird Al

Wayward Prince

Alberta's Run

Cappa Bleu

Cannington Brook

Calgary Bay

Imperial Commander ( Fantastic !!! Back after 20 months out due to Injury )

Good Luck to any racing pundit trying to seperate that lot on form alone.

Me.... I'm Inclined to be looking at Tidal Bay.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

With the withdrawls and late additions, the declarations appear to be the following.

The betting has gone pretty much as I expected although I expect some adjustments nearer the day with the withdrawal of Grand Crus although I'm surprised at the short betting for Imperial Commander... I would never put money on a horse back after 20 months out of action due to Injury although having said that, Twiston Davis must have him In prime form to even think of entering him and he Is an extraordinary horse... I could be eating my words.

It's an extremely tough one to call given the claibre of grade 1 entrants...

At 16/1 I'm going with my gut Instinct for Tidal Bay as I can't seperate the big guns on form alone and I'll be going for a place bet on Midnight Chase also at 16/1

I'm going for the horses with the stamina here rather than form...

This Is one race the favourite Long Run badly wants under his belt and previous efforts thwarted by Kauto Star.... his connections will be looking to secure this champion chase.

Long Run

6/4

6/4

- -

7/4

-

6/4

Silviniaco Conti

- -

7/2

-

7/2

Imperial Commander

- -

-

Burton Port

- -

-

The Giant Bolster

- -

-

Weird Al

- -

-

Tidal Bay

- -

-

Al Ferof

- -

-

Midnight Chase

- -

-

Cristal Bonus - - - - - -

Wayward Prince

- -

-

Albertas Run

- -

-

Calgary Bay

- -

-

Dynaste

- -

-

Cappa Bleu

- -

-

Cannington Brook

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

OMG

Just as I thought the day couldn't get any more exciting what with seeing the entries for the Betfair Chase and the guest appearance of Kauto Star, I have just learned that Big Bucks Is entered for the Fixed Brush Handicap Hurdle on the same day....

Fantastic !!!

With Big Bucks will be Sunnyhill Boy,( 2nd In this years Grand National ). one of my favourite horses Kayf Aramis and Ballabrigs, last years Grand National winner...

I just can't wait.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Interesting that at Cheltenham the pundits have been discussing this race Saturday .

It's not often I see and hear such enormous excitement and debate centered around one horse other than Kauto, Denman and Long Run..

But there Is a massive buzz In the air at the return of Imperial Commander the 2010 Gold Cup winner after 20 months out due to Injury. There Is genuine excitement from his fans who can't wait to see him again. The horse who was once rated 9th best In the world and who gave Kauto Star a heart stopping photo finish In the Betfair.

It seems the pundits have more or less written off Long Run and believe his best Is behind him now.

After what I saw two days ago, I will be looking at Dynaste here but equally excited at seeing Imperial Commander... It's going to be a goodun.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Blimey O'reilly...

Just seen one of my racing buddies lay £100,000 win on Silviniaco Conti ... OMG

He's got 3/1
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

What an enormous shame. Imperial Commander Is out of the race after suffering a small fracture of a splint bone In a hind leg. Twiston-Davis says he'll be fine after 6 weeks swimming. Also out are Al Ferof and Dynaste.... Understandable given their fantastic performances at Cheltenham a few days ago. But I'll see you two boys at Kempton Park Boxing day.

The money Is certainly on Silviniaco Conti having been slashed from 3/1 to 9/4 overnight. The massive buzz surrounding this horse was due to his win In the Charlie Hall Chase a couple of weeks ago where Ruby Walsh never even took him off the bridle... that's quite something !!!

The bookies have firmly placed Long Run ( Lennie ) as the favourite.... I'd like to see him win.... he's a class act but hmmmmm

Nope... Gotta go with my original choice of Tidal Bay At 10/1 I will have quite a punt on him each way.... Going to also place a smaller each way bet on Midnight Chase at 20/1... that horse had the heart of a lion In this years Grand National.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

As expected, with the rain and the soft going, the field for the Betfair has been whittled down with horses being withdrawn.... one of them Tidal Bay so I've had to place my bet elsewhere.

Only 5 runners will go to post with Long Run firmly the bookies favourite. I have now had a straight win on Paul Nicholls Silviniaco Conti ..... My racing buddies seem to agree that this Is just as much about jockey skill as It is horse stamina... for that, I see no contest between Sam Waley-Cohen who rides Long Run and Ruby Walsh riding Silviniaco Conti.... It has to be RUBY RUBY RUBY !!!!

BBC Sport - Haydock: Long Run heads field for Betfair Chase
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Just recieved some very sad news this morning.

Go Native killed on gallops | Sporting Life - Horse Racing News | Live Racing Results, Racecards, Live Betting Shows

RIP Beautiful Boy
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

Pretty much as myself and some of my racing buddies predicted, Long Run did not Improve his jumping skills enough and took several fences awkwardly.

Get In there...... Straight win on Silviniaco Conti RUBY RUBY RUBY !!!! Beat Long Run by 2 and a half lengths.... Nicholls said today that Silvi will now go straight to The Gold Cup In march.

Silviniaco Conti pays a winning tribute to Kauto Star at Haydock | Sport | The Observer

Kauto Star paraded today for the fans and his new commissioned statue was unveiled.

Said Paul Nicholls after the win:

Elated as he was, Nicholls was clear about the need to look after Silviniaco Conti, a six-year-old, and suggested he might not run the horse again before the Gold Cup. "He loves to be fresh," the trainer said. "I'm not going to run him round all winter in the mud. He's only a baby. He could be really interesting, come Cheltenham. He arguably jumps better than Kauto."

Nicholls ruled out an attempt on the King George, for which he already has Al Ferof and Kauto Stone. Silviniaco Conti is apparently "not a great horse in the middle of the winter". He is 8-1 for the Gold Cup, behind only Sir Des Champs.
peleus

The Betfair Chase

Post by peleus »

Is Silviniaco Contistill racing for this year? I was wondering how he's doing or if he's winning.
Never quit.
Oscar Namechange

The Betfair Chase

peleus;1437831 wrote: Is Silviniaco Contistill racing for this year? I was wondering how he's doing or if he's winning. Yes, he Is.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”