The Ross Sisters

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
tabby

The Ross Sisters

Post by tabby »

To say these sisters are limber is a classic understatement!

along-for-the-ride

The Ross Sisters

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Wow.....just Wow!

I had to google them. Found just a little info.

From 2010:

"The film clip was reportedly made in 1944, which would have made them around 15, 17, and 18.

I tried to research them online but there is not much info out there. Here is what I gleaned from a few sites (in my opinion, there is a sad mystery about the death of the youngest, as she died on her 15th wedding anniversary and there is no mention anywhere I had access to of how she died), and her husband was not buried in their double plot when he died. Happily, the elder two sisters are reportedly alive.

The youngest, Elmira Ross (born Dixie Jewel Ross on 9 August 1929), married English vaudevillian Richard “Dickie” Henderson, OBE (a London enterntainer) on 10 July 1948 and died on 10 July 1963, her 15th wedding anniversary. She is reportedly buried in Gunnersbury Cemeteary in London, in a double plot, but there is no indication whatsoever that her husband Dickie is also buried there (he is long dead).

She had had two children, Matthew born 2 August 1951 and Linda born 11 September 1954) and died on 10 July 1963 (age 34. The dates indicate she died on her 15th wedding anniversary so there is likely to be a story there ;-( but I have been unable to find any info at all on it)

Maggie Ross (born Veda Victoria Ross on 8 November 1927) also has no death date per imdb. She married Robert Lamouret on 10 March 1950 in Paris and had 2 children, Annette (Nini) and Elizabeth (Zabette). She had a second marriage to Robert (Bob) Hender.

Aggie Ross (born Betsy Ann Ross on 20 May 1926) has no death date per imdb. She married Robert “Bunny” Hightower, an American dancer, on January 11, 1947 and had a son called Dana."
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
tabby

The Ross Sisters

Post by tabby »

Interesting info!

I love that name "Dixie Jewel" ... is that southern or what??? Better than Elmira!
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

The Ross Sisters

Post by Bryn Mawr »

How in the name of all that's holy can anyone do that?

To pick up an apple from the floor in your teeth is difficult.

To pick up an apple from a yard below your feet, with your teeth, is nigh impossible.

To pick up an apple from a yard below your feet, with your teeth, whilst bending over backwards is beyond belief!
Bruv

The Ross Sisters

Post by Bruv »

I thought......whats this word LIMBER mean ?

Surely there is no such word.......then I watched the video.

Yes they are limber
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snowfire

The Ross Sisters

Post by Snowfire »

Very,very impressive
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “People”