another corrie cull on the way the AA grumpy column

the grumps

Post by the grumps »

hi and welcome along to another AA grumpy column

and with bonfire night around the corner and another party here at grumpy towers which my dom perignon 58 being seriously depleted (thanks to the editor ) its about time for another column.

and tonight its about that old tv chestnut corrie street and another cull designed to cut costs and freshen up the series.

by the way i,ve posted this in its entirety as its only a short news item.

(all rights belong to the sun newspaper)

TEN top characters are in the firing line in the latest Corrie cull.

Faves Karl Munro, Marcus Dent, Izzy Armstrong, Rob Donovan and Mandy Kamara are among those on a hit list drawn up by show bosses.

They will follow Sunita Alahan — whose exit was announced earlier this week — in a bid to freshen up the long-running soap.

An insider said: “Executives have a hit list and want to cut the cast by ten — these five are the first in the firing line.

“It is partly down to cost cutting, but partly a feeling that some characters have run their course. The actors aren’t aware.”

Corrie executive producer Phil Collinson — dubbed The Axeman for previous culls — is leaving in January, to be replaced by Emmerdale boss Stuart Blackburn.

Some characters earmarked for the chop have big storylines coming up, but insiders say they will go when they are completed.

Gay Marcus Dent, played by Charlie Condou, becomes besotted with pal Maria and gets her pregnant. Karl (John Michie) has been seeing Sunita (Shobna Gulati) but will stalk ex-love Stella. Izzy (Cherylee Houston) is currently involved in a surrogacy plot.

Meanwhile, Rob (Marc Bayliss) is Carla’s brother and Mandy (Pamela Nomvete) only joined in September on a short-term contract. A Corrie spokesman said storylines would be discussed in January.

Read more: It’s game over for Corrie 10 | The Sun |Showbiz|TV|Soaps

AAG

as i said at the begining of this column old that corrie chestnut

isnt it time to axe the whole series christ on a bike!! its been on twice a week for is it 40 or 50 years

(now now no swearing grumpy ED)

or if they do have to axe stars ken and dreardrie would get the chop along with steve mac donut just axe the highest paid stars.

personally corrie has run its course and how they keep finding story lines for it baffles me with the boss is being replaced by emmerdale boss stewart blackburn which is another old chestnut that i remember as a child as emmerdale farm and im 47 years old so emmerdale must have been going just as long as corrie.

surely itv can find something else to put on and do away with these long in the tooth soaps? and give value for money to the viewer like ATV did when they axed crossroads even that annoying neighbours and home and away has gone.

as long as it isnt replaced with repeats of the jeremey kyle show which should be consigned to the manchester dustbins with corrie and emmerdale.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Have you ever considered being a TV critic ?

Haven't watched it since Elsie Tanner went.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
the grumps

Post by the grumps »

no thanks bruv

i get enough pleasure in writing the AA grumpy column for the FG

can you imagine the jeremy kyle show being replaced by the AA grumpy show ??? :yh_rotfl:wah::lips::yh_worshp:yh_nailbi:yh_sweat
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Thank God for that.

My brother and I play a game when Corrie Is on which Is to call out ' Wanker' when characters we don't like appear.

Of late, there's been far too many wankers.

Rather than list who I want to go, I'll list who I want to stay.

Scary Mary from the Dairy

Norris

Steve McDonald

Mrs Opppudopulos ( formally Wendy Crozier )

Eccles the dog

Tracy Barlow

The rest can go..

In fact... someone pleeeeeeeeese take out the entire Webster family especially that Sawfey
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

the grumps;1409759 wrote:

can you imagine the jeremy kyle show being replaced by the AA grumpy show ??? :yh_rotfl:wah::lips::yh_worshp:yh_nailbi:yh_sweat

Trust you to lower the tone.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1409762 wrote: Thank God for that.

My brother and I play a game when Corrie Is on which Is to call out ' Wanker' when characters we don't like appear.

Of late, there's been far too many wankers.

Rather than list who I want to go, I'll list who I want to stay.

Scary Mary from the Dairy

Norris

Steve McDonald

Mrs Opppudopulos ( formally Wendy Crozier )

Eccles the dog

Tracy Barlow

The rest can go..

In fact... someone pleeeeeeeeese take out the entire Webster family especially that Sawfey

Do you think Audrey Roberts will ever master a proper Mancunian accent ? Will Deidre's voice get so low it will be inaudible to humans ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Blimey how old am I ?

Coronation st to me means, Annie and Jack serving Betty's hotpot, Ena in the snug, barm cakes with Mavis in the corner shop.

Did I miss much ?
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1409764 wrote: Do you think Audrey Roberts will ever master a proper Mancunian accent ? Will Deidre's voice get so low it will be inaudible to humans ?

No.... especially the word ' arrrrctullly '

Will alien life be found on one of Gail's chins ?

Will Rita ever remove her wig ?

Has Ken been taking Wendy Oppudopulos up the ginnel ?

Is Nigel Havers the Charmer?

It's all go and Intrigue at Corrie

Since the arrival of Gloria aka Sue Johnston, I keep expecting to hear ' have you had your tea Dave?

I pray they cull that Tyrone while they're at It and Fuzz.... neither have had a decent story line for years.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1409765 wrote: Blimey how old am I ?

Coronation st to me means, Annie and Jack serving Betty's hotpot, Ena in the snug, barm cakes with Mavis in the corner shop.

Did I miss much ?

Minnie Caldwell's ginger tom on the roof.... you forgot him.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Ah yes Minnie........................lapsing into Barbra Striesands "Memories"

Return to “Soap Operas”